DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
11/18/08 1:14 p.m.

My wife and I recently found out that we are going to be having our first kid, so last night we had her first Doc appointment and I could see it's heart-beat on the ultra-sound. It was amazing, and I just had to tell somebody! I've already picked out a child seat:

http://www.saferacer.com/simpson-child-safety-car-seat.html?productid=1037

The best part is that I don't think I'll be deployed for the birth in July.

Duke
Duke Dork
11/18/08 1:16 p.m.

Way to go! Congratulations to all parties concerned. And I sincerely hope you're Stateside at the crucial time.

Thanks for serving, by the way.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/18/08 2:14 p.m.

You know how you feel the first day of the season the track is open? Remember that exhausted yet too excited to blink feeling you get?

Get used to it, it is like that every day when you have a kid.

bigwrench
bigwrench New Reader
11/18/08 2:33 p.m.

Congrats and hope everything goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/18/08 2:58 p.m.

Don’t worry about the gender…my daughter just turned four and can identify more drive train components than the average adult, surfs the SPEED channel voluntarily, & is mesmerized by the Karts at the in-door electric track.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
11/18/08 3:04 p.m.

good for you man. enjoy the kids.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/18/08 3:55 p.m.

Congratulations on the new crew member/wrench twirler/driver!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
11/18/08 6:48 p.m.

congrats..

I'm also having a little one. I picked out a recaro child seat; good to know I'm not the only car nerd out there.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
11/18/08 6:52 p.m.

I'm in a bonus situation, no matter what gender it turns out to, it'll be in a car-loving family. My wife loves racing -- she went to a 9-hour Grand-am enduro at Miller Motorsports Park and STOOD with me the whole time, then she did it again the next year, and added the ALMS race to her repetoire as well -- I married up. I'm even teaching her how to heel-and-toe shift (our new house is down a nice twisty road), and she can almost do it better than me... The kid's got it made.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/18/08 6:52 p.m.

Congratulations!

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
11/18/08 7:29 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote: I married up.

didn't we all really do the same? LOL

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b3LWNNHPDNLpSIJxkF21MsMNlP2uKpKg2tFprWuruwbazjTJVq7awdtunuyD1P5f