1 2
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/10/11 10:14 a.m.

...18.4 times better than Maroon5? Does he have moves like Jagger?

Discuss.

(Yeah, I'm bored)

Winston
Winston Reader
12/10/11 10:16 a.m.

Canoe.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/10/11 10:27 a.m.

Hardly a Canoe...

But, does anyone have moves like Jagger?

edit: this sounds like a drunken question though lol... hitting the holiday spirits early?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/10/11 10:31 a.m.

"I got you this Maroon 5 CD because I love you and I heard you like E36 M3ty music" -- The Family Guy

Sultan
Sultan Reader
12/10/11 10:55 a.m.

Their records sound great.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/11 11:49 a.m.
vwcorvette wrote: Does he have moves like Jagger?

No, but he's got more rhymes than Abe Vigoda.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
12/10/11 12:14 p.m.

You know, maybe I'm not old enough (though old enough to remember when Tattoo You came out), or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, but I've never seen in the media anyone talking about Jagger's dancing ability. Not that the Stones weren't complete badass motherberkeleyers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2obHLK6iW7g (Stray Cat Blues)

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VtlCDnD9E (Slave -- with Jeff Beck, Sonny Rollins and, would you believe, according to Wikipedia, Pete Townshend on back-up vocals!)

or countless others...

vwcorvette
12/10/11 12:17 p.m.

Heard Adam Levine in an interview say that Mic's moves are more like things normal people can do, unlike say MJ or Usher or something like that. Personally I think of Jagger as just vertically convulsing, mostly, as a dance style.

Winston
Winston Reader
12/10/11 12:39 p.m.

I'll say it again...canoe. There's a place for threads like this, and it's called Off-topic Discussion.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/11 1:21 p.m.
Woody wrote:
vwcorvette wrote: Does he have moves like Jagger?
No, but he's got more rhymes than Abe Vigoda.

i heard he's got more rhymes than the Bible's got psalms.

AngryCorvair
12/10/11 1:22 p.m.
Winston wrote: I'll say it again...canoe. There's a place for threads like this, and it's called Off-topic Discussion.

saying it again doesn't make it so. canoes are spambot advertisements.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
12/10/11 1:47 p.m.

I have WAY better moves than Jagger.

Film thanks to Mr. AussieSMG...

rotard
rotard Reader
12/10/11 3:27 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Winston wrote: I'll say it again...canoe. There's a place for threads like this, and it's called Off-topic Discussion.

Isn't this how it starts? Next, we'll have people screaming "SEARCH!" and hazing noobs.

AngryCorvair
12/10/11 4:16 p.m.
rotard wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
Isn't this how it starts? Next, we'll have people screaming "SEARCH!" and hazing noobs.

You know who else used to say "SURCH NOOB"? berkeleying Hitler, man!

Winston
Winston Reader
12/10/11 4:41 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:

I understand that, my comment is that this thread is about as useful as a spambot advertisement and has no place in this subforum. Just trying to keep the good ole' signal-to-noise ratio high here on GRM, and typing "canoe" helps the moderator(s) out by pointing them to this thread

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/10/11 4:50 p.m.

Actually, the posting of the word "canoe" is probably the single biggest source of noise on the site.

I appreciate the effort trying to keep things tidy here, but I'm even more interested in keeping it fun and pleasant.

Margie

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/11 4:54 p.m.

E36 M3, who is missing? Everyone got their swimming buddy? Margie sounds like the patio needs redone ;)

Winston
Winston Reader
12/10/11 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Boo

vwcorvette
12/10/11 5:01 p.m.

I put it here cause he's a regular forum member. I'm sure moderators can move it to off topic if it really needs moving. Sorry for ruining your day.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/10/11 5:04 p.m.

Oops, no, sorry if that came off snippy. Just don't want any encouragement of the "canoe" thing... it's like a weed! (Oh, and actually, the patio just got sealed and painted, with a new walk along the back if the house. Looks purty, and as far as you all know no one is missing .)

Margie

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/10/11 6:03 p.m.

BTW, anybody hear from Iggy lately...

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/11 7:27 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

He said he was going to bail on us and did. I haven't heard a peep out of him since. I guess y'all were mean to him.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
12/10/11 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Winston:

there's one easy way to view the posts here without getting all wound up about which subforum is used.... if when you come to the site you click on "latest topics" then you'll see which ones you haven't looked at and you won't have to go to each of the subforums ... they're all there for you... any new posts since the last time you visited .... that way it really won't matter whether he posted in GR or off topic

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
12/10/11 9:48 p.m.

Back on topic...What's the deal with ovaltine. The cup is round. The jar is round. Why don't they call it round-tine?

Seinfeld said: What's the deal with Maroon92?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/10/11 10:28 p.m.

I was hoping for the mitty video where you ate E36 M3 falling off your canoe.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eV9DcAUWmTfn1azAgtLu5UIW2jMp5U7XgHRoW9dCvYyX6ihs9i3YpO8jjfqq0u45