1 2
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/17/18 1:07 p.m.

I put groutable vinyl tile in my last house when I re-did the bathrooms. It looked great! Without getting down and tapping on it or noticing that it wasn't as cold on your feet you would never know it wasn't ceramic, but it cut with a utility knife and put up with subfloor problems and flex better. We were only there a few months after putting it down but it really did look good.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/17/18 5:40 p.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to DrBoost :

LVT is luxury vinyl tile. Sometimes called plank vinyl. Usually comes in "planks" about 8"x 48"  

Often has a "wood" grain look, or tile. 

Its not a brand. It's a modern approach to vinyl (instead of square vinyl composition tile, or vinyl sheet goods)

I forgot about the groutable vinyl- that's really good stuff!!

Thanks

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/17/18 6:10 p.m.
rustybugkiller said:

In reply to psteav :

Pics would be helpful. 

Didn't put the transitions down yet, but you get the idea.  This is "Stainmaster Luxury Vinyl" from Lowes, in "Oyster Travertine".  Fancy, eh?

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
4/17/18 8:26 p.m.

Thanks! That looks great. I think I brought that exact color home today to see how it would look .

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/18 6:35 a.m.

The LVT planks are easier to maintain, because they have tight joints and no grout. Easy to mop. 

But the groutable LVT looks better. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/18/18 8:33 a.m.

We had LVT in the backroom. I thought it was a great way to save money and a way to prep our old house for a quick sale.

The grouted vinyl tile we put in the kitchen was fantastic. Wasn't cold to the touch, no odd sounds of tap dancing on a floating layer. It was installed by a professional but the LVT plank was done with two of us in an afternoon and a couple utility knives.

Here's the grouted vinyl tile:

I would definitely put the grouted stuff in our new house. The LVT plank?... in the basement maybe.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
4/18/18 9:11 a.m.

I like the grouted LVT. Searching for the right color. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
spET6iD6983Lw9wtHWGJpwTEO2XS7l6hGytkT0nSYZmWYg81HJTJ4AHCqlWxs5QO