1 2 3
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/18 8:39 a.m.

My driver is Tim, and he’s supposed to pick up the cars today.

Hopefully that is finally the end of this saga. 

BoxheadTim
12/15/18 1:19 p.m.

Cars are on the way. Big sigh of relief. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/15/18 2:07 p.m.

Hurray! 

Bubbal
Bubbal GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/15/18 4:34 p.m.

My car delivered today by InterCity.  Two thumbs up, very professional and meticulous driver. My shipment on low end of what driver has transported but treated it like a $$$ car.  Only $400 more than uShip and car was actually picked up on time.

BoxheadTim
12/19/18 8:28 a.m.

Cars arrived this morning, several days ahead of the original schedule and in the company of some rather valuable other metal. All in all dealing with Intercity was the easiest and smoothest part of the move - next time I need a car moved I'm not even going to bother calling anybody else.

BoxheadTim
3/6/19 7:11 a.m.

And because this is the saga that never berkeleying ends (like a Norse saga, just with fewer Vikings), I just got an email that the company that messed up the original transport charged my card for ... something. They had my card number to cover the cost of the additional bump in price.

Someone's going to get a polite nastygram email about this and unless a refund happens pronto, I'll have a conversation with the nice people at Amex about this. Not sure if it's also worth talking to uShip as well.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/6/19 7:14 a.m.

Yeah I decided to avoid uShip, didn't like Intercity's quote enough, decided to just rent a trailer and go get my car myself.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/6/19 7:26 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Don’t even waste your time with the shipping company. Just call Amex and tell them they are charging you for services not rendered.

Maybe even have them issue a new CC number. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/7/22 3:19 p.m.

Bumping this up because I am interested in shipping 1 or 2 cars, and InnerCity was ~$1800 for 1 car. 

Has anyone used Shiply?

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

from where to where?  i have an acquaintance at Reliable.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
2/7/22 6:08 p.m.

These days I would put an AirTag tracker in any car I was shipping , 

I almost lost a car when the Uship shipper picked it up , and then decided he did not want to drive cross country and put it in a local storage unit  at my cost !

I did finally get it shipped but it was scary having my car 2500 miles away  and not being able to do much.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/8/22 9:15 a.m.

I used PlyCar, good experience.  Can't say it was really any cheaper than Intercity.  You're going to pay at least $1/mile right now to ship a car.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
2/8/22 12:56 p.m.
docwyte said:

I used PlyCar, good experience.  Can't say it was really any cheaper than Intercity.  You're going to pay at least $1/mile right now to ship a car.

I have used Plycom a couple times , not cheap , but if there is one close to you they can ship to that depot and you can pick it up there , 

They also ship big stuff like 1950s 6 burner stoves that we have shipped with them a few times.....

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/9/22 8:14 a.m.

Where to where?

BoxheadTim
2/9/22 8:19 a.m.
docwyte said:

I'm pretty sure any of the higher-end transport services are in the same price range. Probably still worth it based on my uShip experiences so far - the person who bought my S2k on BaT had similar issues with broker promises on uShip and it took her quite some time to hassle them until the car finally was picked up. Same "driver will pick it up tomorrow" bovine droppings that I ran into when I made the original post.

BoxheadTim
2/9/22 8:19 a.m.
californiamilleghia said:

I almost lost a car when the Uship shipper picked it up , and then decided he did not want to drive cross country and put it in a local storage unit  at my cost !

I did finally get it shipped but it was scary having my car 2500 miles away  and not being able to do much.

Wow, that's like, what they actual berkeley?

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/9/22 9:13 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Texarkana to Michigan. I am driving down for 1 this weekend (was my initial plan), will evaluate the 2nd car once I'm down there and decide whether it is worth trying to get it home or not. If so, at this point I would imagine just flying/U-hauling home, not that it's cheap. That way it's my own retrieval and timeline home, though.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/9/22 9:26 a.m.

Can car #1 flat tow back car #2 like the "rolling Mexican parking lots" taking salvage cars down to Mexican?

Pictures I took myself of guys building the convoy in a salvage lot in Cleveland: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/rolling-mexican-parking-lot/166203/page1/

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/9/22 11:54 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

See that all the time in Texas. I've seen a Honda Pilot towing a minivan towing a Nissan Versa. Lol odd combos.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJ3Ukh1H1mnmgAvCFGWo6Hxap3NakOsmbe48clo1cTgrl5hQPCisQN14ebrHYQmw