1 2 3
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/25/17 4:07 p.m.

This is my thread to document my random and weird findings up in the norte country....  ya hey..

1st up..

Larry

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/d/2000-cavi/6288105757.html

That's right.. tow mirrors, hood scoop, clearance lights, bull horns, oversize tires, hauling a duck boat, with a PVC Stack exhaust thingy... it could only be more Minnesotan if it had a canoe on top.

Fueled by Caffeine
9/25/17 4:11 p.m.

2nd up..

The clampetts...  1970's style

It has an automatic and manual transmission... DEEEE LUX

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/17 4:52 p.m.

The winters are long and cold. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/17 6:33 p.m.

That car needs a cage and a trip to Lemons just as it sits. Seems like a shoo in for IOE. 

Scooter
Scooter Dork
9/25/17 7:15 p.m.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
9/25/17 8:01 p.m.

In reply to mndsm :

I have yet to do anything even CLOSE to that J body. Although, I did run those purple winter wheels one year...

Fueled by Caffeine
9/25/17 8:29 p.m.

Yeah.. I know patina is played out.. buuuuuuutttt

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/1979-chevrolet-2wd-blazer/6320323706.html

Fueled by Caffeine
9/25/17 9:14 p.m.

HEYYYYYY LADDDDDIIIESS  Mitch is here to sell you something

Yes, Ladies.. This could be you.. standing behind a chrysler..... in a parking lot... burning one..  while Mitch flashes you a peace sign and will be back to pick you up later after this important thing he has to do...  Be quiet.. it's imporant..  no h won't tell you why...  it might take some time.. don't worry he'll be back... They always come back... no they never come back.. no there is nothing wrong with you...     maybe there is...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/98-chrysler-sebring/6314673848.html

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/25/17 9:45 p.m.

That blazer me me tingly. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/17 9:48 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Those wheels were the whores of mnmazda. I bought them off Parnell. Painted them in Dan's garage. I used them, you used them, poopy used them, and I used them again before they finally disappeared with the one mx6. Strangely, as a closure to all of that, I bought poopys winter set, after he sold his ms3, ran them for a season, and sold them to Parnell for his girlfriend's car. 

Fueled by Caffeine
9/26/17 6:37 p.m.

A camaro lying in a pool of ATF

Seller states it.. 

1. Is from Texas
  2. Does not run due to some dodgy alarm
  3. Could totally run.. but dosen't
  4. "someone" tried to move it while he wasn't around and "cracked" the case on the transmission...
  5. But don't worry it's fine..
  6. Then posts picture of car sitting in pool of ATF...  
  7. Still it's fine.

$3500.

Toyman01
9/26/17 9:10 p.m.

I don't hate the blazer. It has a lot of potential. $5k seems kind of strong for it though. 

Fueled by Caffeine
9/30/17 9:57 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine
9/30/17 10:12 p.m.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1993-geo-prizm-panty-special/6326559300.html

You must be a real man to drive this car. No lady boy is going to be able to handle this thing.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/1/17 2:26 p.m.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/2003-chevy-3500-crew-cab-6/6324965552.html

manual transmission dually 8.1 liter.  2wd hauling truck. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/2/17 9:23 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I love how it has side mirrors the size of the dude's upper body, but he's still leaning out the window to back it up...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/2/17 9:45 a.m.
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I love how it has side mirrors the size of the dude's upper body, but he's still leaning out the window to back it up...

Hahaha--those actually are more for on-the-road, and in my experience don't help too much while backing a small boat into the water. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/2/17 9:50 a.m.

BTW, love this thread. 

Fueled by Caffeine
10/3/17 12:57 a.m.
oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
10/3/17 6:12 a.m.

I'm disappointed by the lack of suburban moms wearing North Face vests and Ugg boots simultaneously driving, smoking, yelling at the kids in the back, slurping on a Caribou coffee and tailgating the car in front of them for 20 miles instead of passing.

That's Minnesota for you, along with all the remaining 90s Pontiacs.

Toyman01
10/3/17 6:39 a.m.

I bet the LockRite on that Volvo makes for an exciting drive on a icy road. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/3/17 7:42 a.m.
oldopelguy said:

I'm disappointed by the lack of suburban moms wearing North Face vests and Ugg boots simultaneously driving, smoking, yelling at the kids in the back, slurping on a Caribou coffee and tailgating the car in front of them for 20 miles instead of passing.

I think Wisconsin has the rest of the Pontiacs that aren't in MN

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/3/17 7:48 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/ls-swapped-volvo-240/6327866452.html

ls swapped Volvo 240

This seems like a good price. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/3/17 7:49 a.m.
oldopelguy said:

He doesn't live in woodbury.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
10/3/17 8:02 a.m.

Five grand for that Blazer up here (I'm from Minnesota as well) is practically cheap. 

It seems as though I'm not the only one aware of what a E36 M3 show the Minnesota used car market is. I think we have the worst condition highest priced used cars. With a few random exceptions here and there. 

I'm staying tuned- I want MOAR!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZqNznDkknalzpp1EJOlpCv1cDzWrlYNgPd37Rkx6TQvA9Ye8FD0w8LoKiZ705MH4