1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/4/18 9:43 a.m.

Yeah, I think Robbie is closer to what this is. At a minimum I figure that the group would do well to get estimates to get a new setup.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
1/4/18 11:50 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

We went way out into left field and that was my fault.

Having said that you're not just dealing with the interface. Your managers are probably going to want to integrate it with their current business software suite for 1099/W2 accountability, employee productivity tracking, single point of entry work orders, costing analysis, and invoicing. This usually costs the equivalent or more than the development or purchase of the software depending how plug and play it is.

Often times there are third party bolt ons to support service type scheduling. That's where I'd start, if your vendor has a list of third party verticals, as it's probably the lowest cost for use on a local installation. SASS will have an even lower buy in but will cost more over time.

Custom solutions have a way of doing exactly what you just experienced. An update will break things and if the person that wrote the original code has gone away it becomes a problematic to maintain.

I really don't think six figures is out of the realm of possibility but I don't know the entire scope of the project.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a2xj4BQY6svG4dP2MOx3xwvujYyQe7ltvYnLUy85v5ps6A27juZMaG1nUpeO1IV3