John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/08 9:52 a.m.

Anyone watching the Dow tank faster every time GWB starts mumbling?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/15/08 11:00 a.m.

or GWB mumbles when the Dow tanks or a thrid variable causes both GWB to mumble and the Dow to tank. Be careful to avoid confusing causality with correlation.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/15/08 11:16 a.m.

Hate to say it, but I expected worse Dow performance today. Is it time to buy yet?

aircooled
aircooled Dork
7/15/08 11:21 a.m.

I don't think GWB drinks the Dew (nectar of the "tards"), I think he is a Brawndo man... it's got electrolites!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/15/08 11:30 a.m.

those who still have money, should start investing soon, probably within the next 2 month period we should see an upswing in the economy.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
7/15/08 11:44 a.m.

You have your cause and effect backwards John Brown.

Now's the time to buy FNMA and Freddie Mac stock tho. They are absolutely crucial to the economy and will be recovering soon.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/08 11:54 a.m.

I was referring to watching the real time at about 9:45 and every time GW said something a little off you would see the Dow drop 30 pts. GW would stop talking and it would come up 25.

The best time is now for GM, Fannie and Freddie.

And while I am prognasticating, get ready to see some major deals going on between certain domestic manufacturers. Maybe a player in aerospace and a player in automobiles.

bludroptop
bludroptop Dork
7/15/08 12:16 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Now's the time to buy FNMA and Freddie Mac stock tho. They are absolutely crucial to the economy and will be recovering soon.

Unless... Uncle Sam actually does have to step in and bail them out, at which point the stock will worthless.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/equity-holders-hit-if-treasury/story.aspx?guid=%7B84AE68A5%2DA995%2D4B96%2DAE6F%2D54FEF7879186%7D

At this point, I believe that FNMA and FHLMC are adequately capitalized, but ongoing market pressures and a 'perception' of trouble could spell doom for them.

I agree they are critical to the economy, which is why the feds WON'T let them fail. However, if the government does have to step in and save them - then your equity position will be e36 M3.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zLSV1GuZrhcWQrwJUEHvoVg7Zr99RO0kPyWZeebSCnJiGsRXWtDmAuHNosAa1mtT