1 2
Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/5/18 8:50 p.m.
pheller said:

What do you have to tell someone who wants to be a writer but doesn't think they should be a writer even if they can sorta write or ramble? Do you see a demand for writers in the modern media space?

The key to being a writer is to write. 

There isn't much more to it than that. Find a place to put your words, and make it a point to put them there. There is a demand for good writers who see the world from a different perspective, or are willing to do things that others wouldn't normally do (like lift an Audi 7" or go on a 7000 mile cross-country trip in a forty-year-old Porsche). 

As long as you aren't writing cliche garbage, it has value and someone will want it. Work hard and stick to it, and you'll go somewhere. It's not an easy gig and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the universe rewards hustle. 

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/5/18 8:52 p.m.
nderwater said:

What, no pix of the MG?

What, this old thing? 

https://jalopnik.com/what-do-i-do-with-this-dumb-300-mg-i-bought-1820581529

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/5/18 8:54 p.m.

Huh, I never knew that I "knew" Brad from C&T on this forum. Welcome back. And as soon as there's a Radwood within a couple hundred miles of me (SE Michigan) , I'll be there in my 944. Hell, that might even be enough for me to finish it!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/5/18 8:56 p.m.
Slippery said:

Welcome back!

Do you hang out with the Driving-while-awesome guys as well?? 

I have been looking at doing their coastal rally, and for some reason I remember reading about, what I believe is, your 912 driving through Tahoe while snowing or something similar. If so, I never put two and two together until now. 

Yeah, Lane and Art are two of the co-founders of Radwood with me. They're good people, and the Coastal Range Rally is a lot of fun. I'm doing their NorCal CRR next weekend in a 400k mile 944 Turbo; What could go wrong?

And yes, here is the 912E. I've used it for the early spring CRR the last two years, and both years I've been caught in terrible snow storms over Donner Pass. 

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/5/18 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Brad and Andrew are pals. Love those guys. They were long-time listeners of my show and decided to start their own (better) show. They have come to a couple Radwood events now, and they are true believers in the Rad way. Come down to Philly, you'll love it. 

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/5/18 8:59 p.m.
Tom_Spangler said:

Huh, I never knew that I "knew" Brad from C&T on this forum. Welcome back. And as soon as there's a Radwood within a couple hundred miles of me (SE Michigan) , I'll be there in my 944. Hell, that might even be enough for me to finish it!

We're planning on Detroit next year. BE THERE!

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
9/5/18 9:20 p.m.

I just found out about the Philadelphia event a few days ago and I'd really like to go.  We can't let the west coast guys have all the fun. wink

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/5/18 10:16 p.m.
Maroon92 said:

Hell yes. Guess I'd better start checking for Members Only jackets on eBay. cool

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/18 5:50 a.m.
Maroon92 said:
nderwater said:

What, no pix of the MG?

What, this old thing? 

https://jalopnik.com/what-do-i-do-with-this-dumb-300-mg-i-bought-1820581529

that looks ripe for a sebring sprite body conversion...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/6/18 6:31 a.m.
Maroon92 said:

Woot!! Totally.

I realize that you can't give out details yet, but can you at least hint at timing and location?  I tend to do a lot of travel and camping so I'd hate to schedule something and miss it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/18 8:03 a.m.

Welcome back!   And hells yes I'll be at Radwood Detroit!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
9/6/18 8:28 a.m.
Maroon92 said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Brad and Andrew are pals. Love those guys. They were long-time listeners of my show and decided to start their own (better) show. They have come to a couple Radwood events now, and they are true believers in the Rad way. Come down to Philly, you'll love it. 

I've known those guys for a long time, probably 15 plus years now. Brad was my copilot for the importation of my Delica 4 years ago  I've been off roading with them lots too. Heck they've even mentioned me a few times on the podcast. I remember listening to their episode with you as a guest and had no idea you were someone I "knew" from here. I'm thinking about coming down, because Brad says my Delica would show great  but I'm skeptical. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/6/18 8:51 a.m.

Don't kid yourself. It would be perfect.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
9/6/18 9:33 a.m.

Welcome back. We're all Russian bots now. Let us know if you need quality fake passports. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Passports are for rookies, high quality fake student visas are where the real action is. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
9/6/18 10:09 p.m.

Good to see you again. Will check out radwood, I’m digging on 80s-90s iron these days. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/7/18 8:22 p.m.

Congratulations on your success!  I read about about Radwood in Autoweek a few months ago. That was my initial education into it. It looked very interesting, but maybe not for my demographic (boomer generation). But now that there's a connection here, I'd be all in if it were to come to SoNE. How about Lars Anderson in Brookline, MA, or Thompson Speedway Motorsport Park in Thompson, CT? Both great venues for this event.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/10/18 8:02 p.m.

Welp, I added to my fleet this weekend. 

It's a 1987 Porsche 924S. It was an automatic car, but doesn't have a trans in it. I need all of the stuff to make a 3-pedal car, but don't need the engine, interior, wheels, etc. Anybody want to trade? 

This rad machine is going to be a fully stripped out track machine with a VW 1.8T swap. It's a long road from here, but it'll get done. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/10/18 8:29 p.m.

That "ah crap I bought another car" feeling that we all love. Nice. Now go start a build thread. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YTsjpwjlHvRD4GVBvXTla8D6xOTJk5H909fFhC89csG1mfcRxwW0Ph3nRUfvwulS