eastpark
eastpark Reader
12/8/18 4:28 p.m.

So, I spent way too much time today watching his channel. Is anyone else following him?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/8/18 4:34 p.m.

All the time. No nonsense videos and tons of talent. I first saw him on discovery channel. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/8/18 6:14 p.m.

He has a video about building a wood strip canoe.  No really!  

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/8/18 7:18 p.m.

Yeah he's OG YouTube, there is a whole woodworking/maker scene that has started because of his content.  I've gotten to the point where I watch/listen to more maker stuff than car stuff.

Make sure you give Making It (the podcast not the tv show) a listen.

eastpark
eastpark Reader
12/8/18 8:08 p.m.
minivan_racer said:

Yeah he's OG YouTube, there is a whole woodworking/maker scene that has started because of his content.  I've gotten to the point where I watch/listen to more maker stuff than car stuff.

Make sure you give Making It (the podcast not the tv show) a listen.

I had to look up what OG meant (man, I’m so old!). I’ll make sure to listen to Making It, thanks. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/8/18 8:23 p.m.

Yup, I watch his channel and about a zillion other makers, machinists, woodworkers, ....it's a wonder I ever get anything done, I'm always watching other people get stuff done instead.  smiley

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/8/18 9:42 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

He has a video about building a wood strip canoe.  No really!  

Okay, I got sucked into the first 2/3 of this video.  What a boatload of talent. 

eastpark
eastpark Reader
12/9/18 7:02 a.m.

Yeah, the canoe build is awesome. Both DiResta and Nick Offerman used the kits available from Bear Mountain Boats for their builds. Someday I’d love to build the 17’ kayak. 

https://www.bearmountainboats.com/

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/9/18 11:15 p.m.

Good lord that is one awesome canoe.

mapper
mapper HalfDork
12/10/18 1:59 p.m.

Going here Makers Central next May.  DiResta, Colin Furze, Izzy Swan, and bunch more will be there.  I just got back into wood turning earlier this year after being inspired by some of the cool work I've been seeing on YouTube.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Us57gFtgUU7g34ysd5GSLB1Bu0u9PjZAXNyD3SClluv64Utz13g4BdvXbtyrLlLI