1 2
JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/7/13 9:40 a.m.

It's nice to see an animal like this get TLC

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/jon-stewart-takes-his-three-legged-dog-champ-for-a-walk

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/7/13 9:46 a.m.

My favorite pic, look at the smile on the dogs face. LOL

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/13 10:26 a.m.

For some reason, I've always wanted a tripod dog, though not so much that I'd consider making my own.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
5/7/13 10:28 a.m.

An old joke amongst animal rescue veterinarians is:

"How do you get a middle aged dog adopted?

Amputate a leg."

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/13 10:33 a.m.
Woody wrote: For some reason, I've always wanted a tripod dog, though not so much that I'd consider making my own.

This MUST go in the magazine.

mapper
mapper Reader
5/7/13 11:50 a.m.

We lost our three legged dog recently. He lost his right rear leg to a car hit and ended up at the vet where my son works. Leroy (came with the name) ended up coming to live with us. He was a Presa/Shepard mix and was a handful. He ate most of the right foot shoes in the house (go figure) and part of a couch but was a sweet as could be. We had to put him to sleep due to seizures that were becoming more and more frequent. It became a quality of life issue and he was already on heavy meds.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/13 12:19 p.m.

I liked JS before, bit this sure knocks him up a notch on the decent humans scale.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/7/13 12:21 p.m.
bluej wrote: I liked JS before, bit this sure knocks him up a notch on the decent humans scale.

Unless it got to be a tripod dog because it chewed up his shoes once.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
5/7/13 12:33 p.m.

Big Jon Stewart fan... but now I think I love him.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/7/13 12:47 p.m.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

That is one happy dog.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
5/7/13 2:08 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
Woody wrote: For some reason, I've always wanted a tripod dog, though not so much that I'd consider making my own.

I am starting to believe that any time some one states that a comment needs to be in the mag, that comment is automatically disregarded by the powers that be.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/7/13 2:21 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote:
I am starting to believe that any time some one states that a comment needs to be in the mag, that comment is automatically disregarded by the powers that be.

That's been an unofficial rule for a long time.

Woody
5/7/13 2:30 p.m.

Thanks for pissing in my Cheerios.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/7/13 2:32 p.m.
Woody wrote: Thanks for pissing in my Cheerios.

This should TOTALLY go in the magazine!

Woody
5/7/13 2:33 p.m.

Dick.^

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/13 2:35 p.m.
Woody wrote: Thanks for pissing in my Cheerios.

Sorry, Woody. 'twas a great line, though.

davidjs
davidjs Reader
5/7/13 2:42 p.m.

If I recall correctly, his wife is a vet, or vet tech, or something like that... Might explain where the dog came from...

Woody
5/7/13 3:13 p.m.

It doesn't look like she's a very good vet...

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/7/13 4:04 p.m.

You haven't lived until you've seen a dog with one back leg try to lift it to pee. You don't want to laugh but it's impossible not to.

The dog didn't fall, I mean, it knew it needed that leg to stand. Just sort of hopped, swung the leg out of the way, and tinkled a bit. Repeat x10.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/13 4:06 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote:
That's been an unofficial rule for a long time.

FYI: Clicking the +1 button at the bottom of the post works better and won't get it ignored (maybe)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/13 4:28 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
bluej wrote: I liked JS before, bit this sure knocks him up a notch on the decent humans scale.
Unless it got to be a tripod dog because it chewed up his shoes once.

or maybe he got it because he knows how much Bob Costas is available to the man who saves a three-legged pit bull.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
5/7/13 4:46 p.m.

My neighbor has a threelegged dog named 'you'

A another friend one has one named grandpa.

Grandpa does a lot of crazy stuff.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/7/13 6:11 p.m.

I wanna get one and name it "pod".... cause tripod. A girl I went to HS with had a bird named Toby for "Toe Be Gone" he was a rescue and was missing a toe... which in birds is kind of a big deal.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
5/7/13 7:13 p.m.

I have a great aunt and uncle that used to rescue every animal they came across and adopt out what they could. They adopted an abandoned 3 legged dog, never knew the name, so they renamed it tripod. Sadly nobody wanted to adopt it, so they just kept him fed and happy until he died of old age. Same story for a chihuahua that got it's face bent when the previous owner's drunk boyfriend kicked him. Knowing them and their animals I started simultaneously losing hope for humanity and regaining hope that good people are still out there.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/13 8:01 p.m.

Our lovely girl Ellie was made a tripod on her tenth birthday due to osteosarcoma (bone cancer). It's prevalent in 60 percent of racing greyhounds but not seen in the AKC line. She ran nearly as quickly and her personality got a little more persnickety afterwards. She lived 4 years post surgery and died of old age. I have shirts that say my tripod is faster than your dog.

Funny story. Whenever we got to talking about our three greys and Ellie someone would inevitably ask how many of our dogs had three legs...(wait for it)...we'd answer all of them!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B8FLYr2MmuqL68RDiPe30w9ZNxu1xFAGOoVRgvdrYN9PAwnXEft7ta6XBD7WCtZ2