Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/29/08 4:06 p.m.

I've been seeing more and more bagged gas pumps--this weekend while out in the Ocala National Forest we saw several stations that had only Regular, no Mid-Grade or Premium at all--and it has caused me to wonder: Who invented that universal sign of outness, the bag over the gas pump? And is he/she even at this moment rocking angrily in a cheap rented room and fuming at the way their invention has been stolen with no credit to its creator?

Margie

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/29/08 4:13 p.m.

Apparently you don't have enough to do at work.

Living in Texas, while we see the bags on pumps that have a problem we aren't seeing the gas shortages Atlanta is seeing. Heck gas prices are still falling.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/29/08 4:23 p.m.

On a related note, I have often wondered who came up with the idea of hanging the welder, generator or whatever from the crane at a construction site overnight. Did that move get a clever name after the person who first did that. "Hey, before the rest of you leave, don't forget to Johnson the generator."

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/29/08 4:47 p.m.

He/she have probably seen this thread and have taken note of Margie's patio solution for those who have wronged them. I predict a sudden spike in the sales of concrete mix and those broken tiles.

Here in South Cackalake there's quite a few stations out of 89 and 93. I filled the J-H up just in case (it hates anything less than 93).

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/29/08 7:20 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: filled the J-H up

Is that code for something?

jg

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
9/29/08 7:23 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Is that code for something? jg

Juxtaposed hedonism.

Joey

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/29/08 8:30 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:

jemimah - hootus

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/08 8:49 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote:
jemimah - hootus

I hope he doesn't get any spray-on bedliner on it.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
9/29/08 8:51 p.m.

No bagged pumps here, just $3.43/gal as of this afternoon.

Carson
Carson Reader
9/29/08 9:00 p.m.
MGAMGB wrote: The same guy moved on to bagging parking meters and finally urinals only to discover that the bags didn't stop determined users, especially for the latter. Sadly, the inventor died of asphyxia when he became entangled in a discarded dry cleaning bag, adding a bit of irony to this tragic tale.

Amazing, hahaha.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/29/08 10:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: "Hey, before the rest of you leave, don't forget to Johnson the generator."

That sounds dirty.

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
9/30/08 8:57 a.m.
fastEddie wrote: No bagged pumps here, just $3.43/gal as of this afternoon.

$3.88 for corn free premium here.

Cost $55 to fill up the E30.

nderwater
nderwater New Reader
9/30/08 2:15 p.m.

i'm not surprised to see bagged gas pumps here in atlanta - this is the same city where steel plates get over potholes instead of filling them in.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
9/30/08 2:53 p.m.

I once saw a guy pull into the gas station, pick up the bagged handle, and insert it into his car. It wasn't just a plastic bag, it was the plastic/canvas "out of order" thing made just for that purpose. The idiot tugged at the bag enough to squeeze the handle, then flipped the lever a few times (before pay-at-pump), and finally got frustrated enough to speed across the street to another station. He caught me looking at him with the "are you that much of a dumbass" look.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/30/08 3:10 p.m.
nderwater wrote: i'm not surprised to see bagged gas pumps here in atlanta - this is the same city where steel plates get over potholes instead of filling them in.

Well, at least they do SOMETHING! Come to Pennsylvania.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/08 3:12 p.m.
Carson wrote:
MGAMGB wrote: The same guy moved on to bagging parking meters and finally urinals only to discover that the bags didn't stop determined users, especially for the latter. Sadly, the inventor died of asphyxia when he became entangled in a discarded dry cleaning bag, adding a bit of irony to this tragic tale.
Amazing, hahaha.

And his name you ask? Harold Thadeus Bagger.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/30/08 3:54 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
nderwater wrote: i'm not surprised to see bagged gas pumps here in atlanta - this is the same city where steel plates get over potholes instead of filling them in.
Well, at least they do SOMETHING! Come to Pennsylvania.

they're hard on low profile tires/wheels, and larger and harder to dodge than the potholes

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
9/30/08 7:33 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
fastEddie wrote: No bagged pumps here, just $3.43/gal as of this afternoon.
$3.88 for corn free premium here. Cost $55 to fill up the E30.

Down to $3.38 this afternoon.... Not rubbing it in or anything.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/08 7:43 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: On a related note, I have often wondered who came up with the idea of hanging the welder, generator or whatever from the crane at a construction site overnight. Did that move get a clever name after the person who first did that. "Hey, before the rest of you leave, don't forget to Johnson the generator."

It Makes them harder to steal. Not impossible, but harder

minimac
minimac Dork
9/30/08 8:36 p.m.

I remember seeing a some Dolphin with bags on their heads.

EDIT: I typed slower than I thought....should have said Dolphin FANS with bags on their heads. Re: Unknown Comic- did you ever see the time he introduced his grandparents in the audience? Two old people stood up and they had wrinkly bags on the heads-I almost pissed myself!

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
10/1/08 6:00 a.m.
minimac wrote: I remember seeing a some Dolphin with bags on their heads.

Musta been the ugly girl Dolphin....

Hocrest
Hocrest New Reader
10/1/08 6:51 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
minimac wrote: I remember seeing a some Dolphin with bags on their heads.
Musta been the ugly girl Dolphin....

Or the Unknown Comic Dolphin???

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/08 8:54 a.m.

Are you sure? There is a book and a movie about HTB...

From Newstados Unidos

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B45XMQxOmSf0kF3SWbfSQpccZVg4oEHdzelZyUOaOSK5zsUPg6DkDhbGLqaC9n7C