1 ... 5 6 7 8
Lobsterpennies
Lobsterpennies New Reader
12/9/20 7:47 p.m.
Appleseed said:
ShawnG said:

Hospital gowns are the only garment that can make you feel more naked than actually being naked.

Change my mind.

Shoes. Wearing shoes while naked makes you feel more naked.

1. ShawnG totally agree. I would be more comfortable being naked (Hey they've seen it all before right?), although those that had to view me may not share my viewpoint.

2. Appleseed Shoes would just be weird, although I would be ok with those socks with the little grippy things on the bottom they give you.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
12/9/20 7:59 p.m.
Duke said:

All chocolate should be between 65%-72% cacao.

The only other chocolate that has any reason to exist is bittersweet for cooking. 

Generally I don’t like chocolate, but the higher the percentage over 70, the more I will consider eating it. 

Bitter dark chocolate with booze in it is about as good as candy gets. You can’t change my mind. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/9/20 8:13 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Kind of in the mood to restart this, so:

"I want to rock and roll all night" is the most repetitive song ever written.  It has like 6 lines total.  

Have you ever heard of a band called Credence Clearwater Revival? They made a song called Fortunate Son, then made whole albums where the only words they sang were the song titles.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/9/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Blasphemy. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/9/20 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Don't get me wrong, I like Fogerty enough, and I'd call myself s fan of the band, but Run Through the Jungle? Have you ever seen the rain? Looking out my back door?

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
12/9/20 10:36 p.m.

I can’t stand CCR, but that’s not important.

You guys should listen to Exposure by Robert Fripp so we can end this discussion cheeky

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
12/9/20 10:50 p.m.

In reply to RevRico and Peabody:

I will throw down over this.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/20 11:10 p.m.
Appleseed said:
ShawnG said:

Hospital gowns are the only garment that can make you feel more naked than actually being naked.

Change my mind.

Shoes. Wearing shoes while naked makes you feel more naked.

Disagree.  Wearing shoes while naked makes me think I won't step in dog crap barefoot when I go outside. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/20 11:13 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

One of the most un-American things I have read.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
12/10/20 12:06 a.m.

The current generation is so angry because their music is awful.

Change my mind.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/10/20 8:51 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Change my mind.

I was born in 1965 and I like a lot of music that is being made now.  I like music that was made 50 years ago, I like music that was made 5 years ago, and I will like music that will be made 5 years from now.

There is great music made every day and there is E36 M3ty music made every day.  This has been true since there has been music.  Having your musical tastes set in stone during some particular mystical coming-of-age era denies you enjoyment of a wide range of new experiences.

Listening to a good song 10,752 times doesn't make it a great song.  It makes it a good song you have heard 10,752 times instead of hearing 4 or 5 thousand other good songs that you've ignored.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
12/10/20 9:36 a.m.
Duke said:

Listening to a good song 10,752 times doesn't make it a great song.  It makes it a good song you have heard 10,752 times instead of hearing 4 or 5 thousand other good songs that you've ignored.

Thanks to radio stations, I've learned that it actually makes it a terrible song.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
12/10/20 9:58 a.m.

Humpty Dumpty isn't an egg.

change my mind

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/10/20 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Dieselboss15 :

Humpty Dumpty is King Richard III.

New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light - HISTORY

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
12/10/20 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

my mind is changed

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
12/10/20 4:42 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Change my mind.

The current generation is angry because they're the current generation.

That's what current generations do.

Except in the 50's, because they had doo-wop. Nobody can be angry with Doo wop music in the background.

Also see: You know you’re old when...

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/20 10:09 a.m.

Hot Cocoa with a bit of hot pepper in it is better than plain old sweet hot chocolate. 

You can't change my mind.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/21/20 10:17 a.m.
Duke said:
ShawnG said:

Change my mind.

I was born in 1965 and I like a lot of music that is being made now.  I like music that was made 50 years ago, I like music that was made 5 years ago, and I will like music that will be made 5 years from now.

There is great music made every day and there is E36 M3ty music made every day.  This has been true since there has been music.  Having your musical tastes set in stone during some particular mystical coming-of-age era denies you enjoyment of a wide range of new experiences.

People just think music used to be better, because all they hear anymore tends to be the best of whatever bygone era it came from.  They aren’t hearing all the filler crap.  I listen to American Top 40:  The 70s occasionally, and wow there was a lot of crap.

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/21/20 10:24 a.m.

People who bought LL Bean camping gear and returned it after their trip because the return policy was so generous are the reason the rest of us don't have that return policy anymore.  They shouldn't be allowed to camp in dry weather.

Change my mind.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/20 11:38 a.m.
Peabody said:
ShawnG said:

Change my mind.

The current generation is angry because they're the current generation.

That's what current generations do.

Except in the 50's, because they had doo-wop. Nobody can be angry with Doo wop music in the background.

Also see: You know you’re old when...

Depends on the Doo Wop.  They all had one of three chord progressions and (as a Doo Wop bass/baritone myself) usually a completely tone-deaf bass.  As long as you like the I - VI - IV - V chord progression, and don't mind that every popular song of the era had that same chord structure, you're golden.

Lobsterpennies
Lobsterpennies New Reader
12/21/20 7:53 p.m.

The McRib is the greatest fast food creation ever produced for human consumption. It is so great that you will only be able to consume one once every decade as it will satisfy you for the next ten years to come.

Change my mind.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/20 10:07 p.m.

I forgot the picture.

Merlot, Garnet, black cherry.  It makes the prettiest Miata.

Nothing is ever really resolved, is it?  lol

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/20 3:39 a.m.

John Legend's version of Silver Bells is the best version, maybe the only good version even.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWukflaGG08

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/22/20 4:43 p.m.

The GG1 electric in Tuscan red is the greatest Lionel train of all time. Fight me.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/20 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You'll get no argument from me, while I'm an F3 fan as NYC never had GG1s they are pretty impressive. Every time I see one at a show I think about picking one up.  

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BCW65teX8i2dyxekWXW00KSQ9Bruey5KXbL41Sip6zAEAHdfB7ncpIsskiMBGilJ