1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/17/08 1:45 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: Hehe we used those for office warfare at my old job, those and small nerf footballs that doubled as grenades.

Were those the small ones that whistle? Those are cool.

16vCorey wrote: That's bad ass.

Thanks!

sachilles
sachilles Reader
11/17/08 3:09 p.m.

omg I just posted the painted nerf gun on another site with a lot of gunmo's on it. Someone actually thought the painted one was real. Even after I posted the original nerf gun...they thought the two were different guns.

That made my day.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/17/08 3:14 p.m.
sachilles wrote: omg I just posted the painted nerf gun on another site with a lot of gunmo's on it. Someone actually thought the painted one was real. Even after I posted the original nerf gun...they thought the two were different guns. That made my day.

That made my day as well. Thanks!

unk577
unk577 New Reader
11/17/08 3:57 p.m.
derekshannon wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: Also another reason for not using the talons is it adds to the legal issues you will have when you shoot the guy breaking into your house. Because remember even if the authorities don't kill you, his family will more than likely sue you and there is nothing a lawyer would love more than to point out that you were using "excessively cruel" ammunition designed to inflict more damage than even regular hollow point.
But just imagine what his lawyers would say after I beat him to death with a pipe instead. Tell you what, in the very, very unlikely instance I am forced to actually shoot at someone in my own home, I'll take my chances. No offense intended.

It's better to be judged by 8 than carried by 6. I carry on me a Kahr PM40 and keep a FN5.7(20+1) in the car. Never know when you'll have a really bad day and need high capacity. I've read the best thing to do is carry similar to LE ie: one in the chamber and atleast 2 extra magazines. It's easier to defend the standard.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/17/08 4:01 p.m.

if only i could hook up an 18V to my airsoft AR...

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
11/17/08 4:04 p.m.
unk577 wrote: It's better to be judged by 8 than carried by 6. I carry on me a Kahr PM40 and keep a FN5.7(20+1) in the car. Never know when you'll have a really bad day and need high capacity. I've read the best thing to do is carry similar to LE ie: one in the chamber and atleast 2 extra magazines. It's easier to defend the standard.

Isn't an FN5.7 a bit more tactical than practical? Expecting to get hijacked by guys in body armor?

Here in Cali, we're limited to 10round magazines anyway. So there isn't nearly as much advantage to a smaller caliber round.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/08 4:23 p.m.

I always thought it was judged by twelve. Then again I probably couldn't be carried by six either

Osterkraut
Osterkraut HalfDork
11/17/08 5:43 p.m.
unk577 wrote:
derekshannon wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: Also another reason for not using the talons is it adds to the legal issues you will have when you shoot the guy breaking into your house. Because remember even if the authorities don't kill you, his family will more than likely sue you and there is nothing a lawyer would love more than to point out that you were using "excessively cruel" ammunition designed to inflict more damage than even regular hollow point.
But just imagine what his lawyers would say after I beat him to death with a pipe instead. Tell you what, in the very, very unlikely instance I am forced to actually shoot at someone in my own home, I'll take my chances. No offense intended.
It's better to be judged by 8 than carried by 6. I carry on me a Kahr PM40 and keep a FN5.7(20+1) in the car. Never know when you'll have a really bad day and need high capacity. I've read the best thing to do is carry similar to LE ie: one in the chamber and atleast 2 extra magazines. It's easier to defend the standard.

Don't use handloads!

You're a brave man using a pistol that expensive as a truck-gun. Hell, it's probably worth half as much as my truck!

The FN 5.7 is so taticool it's awesome. I've got its more normal cousin, the FNP 40. Love it.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/17/08 5:55 p.m.

I would only get a 5.7 if it was to keep a PS90 company. Now that is a sexy gun.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
11/17/08 8:25 p.m.

then again no one argues with a 120mm for home defence....everyone might think your very out in left feild though with it parked in the front yard....

unk577
unk577 New Reader
11/17/08 8:39 p.m.

It wasn't that expensive, I paid more for my Kahr. It's actually not bad to carry depending on what you're wearing, the weight isn't bad. They make a magazine extension to hold 30+1. Sorry to hear about Cali, it sounds like fun with all tha gun control laws and emissions BS.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
11/17/08 8:42 p.m.
ckosacranoid wrote: then again no one argues with a 120mm for home defence....everyone might think your very out in left feild though with it parked in the front yard....

Bring the noise!!!!

You could always have one of these circling overhead

Since I'm now working 2p-10p I plan in the following weeks to follow the advice of going to a range with good selection now that I have time during the day. Been looking for a carry weapon for a while but haven't had time to put a lot of rounds through anything in particular.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
11/18/08 10:53 a.m.
unk577 wrote: It wasn't that expensive, I paid more for my Kahr. It's actually not bad to carry depending on what you're wearing, the weight isn't bad. They make a magazine extension to hold 30+1. Sorry to hear about Cali, it sounds like fun with all tha gun control laws and emissions BS.

Yeah. On the other hand, I was talking with my dad the other day and he told me that now is the time to buy guns, because he's anticipating a tightening of gun control laws under the incoming congress/presidency.

I told him I really wasn't worried about it, because I'm sure that whatever crazy laws they come up with won't be any more restrictive than what already exists in California, and so won't have any effect on me.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB Reader
11/18/08 6:38 p.m.

All the more reason to get the type that goes "Clack" if you know what I mean. The name is synonymous with assault weapon ( and I got it with some real "Sturdy" plinkers....)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JUo9QkWq8zBQE3UC7vepyOwqJQVQ4xwXNtH34eegTCt5z1Hb9fYdF1KAyQJagl7i