JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/7/11 5:47 p.m.

There's something I really like about this project, ever since I saw the trailer a year ago or more. I think it has to do with the fact that even though the premise is kind of goofy, it's taken very seriously. I also love the direction. There's something incredibly cool about seeing hand-held camera moves in animation.

Anyway, the first episode of Cat E36 M3 One is available on line for the next couple of weeks. If you're an action movie nerd, or just a nerd, it's worth 25 minutes of your life.

jg

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/11 5:53 p.m.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
2/7/11 6:26 p.m.

Cat E36 M3 One? Best... Title... Ever.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/11 6:29 p.m.

+1

cwh
cwh SuperDork
2/7/11 7:59 p.m.

Cuddly bunny rabbits kicking nasty desert camel ass?? Hell yeah!!

Will
Will HalfDork
2/7/11 8:14 p.m.

And I thought we were going to talk about night of the Lepus.

I've read about Cat e36 m3 One before. I get the rabbits--apparently, the Japanese word for rabbit is something like "usagi" (USA GI). Fair enough. But WTF does the title have to do with anything?

I do like the insanely over the top detail to the weapons.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
2/7/11 8:23 p.m.

The bunnies are good but need some help with muzzle discipline, lots of opportunities for friendly fire injuries.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/11 9:22 p.m.

Usagi is the correct term for Rabbit in Japanese

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/7/11 10:14 p.m.
ansonivan wrote: The bunnies are good but need some help with muzzle discipline, lots of opportunities for friendly fire injuries.

The squad commander is pretty good, but his sniper sweeps his buddy one too many times for comfort, But I guess if a bunny gets shot there's 15 more to replace him by the time they get back to base, anyway.

The thing I think I like most about it is that whoever the artists and directors are that are putting this together seem to be taking it very seriously. Sure, some of the dialog is cheesy, but the physics, the tone, the completely unironic way two cute bunnies go about kicking ass in the desert demands to be taken seriously, and doesn't let you down when you do.

My prediction: We may never see a Cat E36 M3 One feature film, but we will see feature film work being done by the principals in this project within a year. Too much talent there to not be noticed.

jg

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
2/7/11 10:32 p.m.

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
2/7/11 10:45 p.m.

I love it.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/8/11 12:35 a.m.
cwh wrote: Cuddly bunny rabbits kicking nasty desert camel ass?? Hell yeah!!

you sir have a WIN right there

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
2/8/11 8:01 a.m.

I got into hand to hand combat with a wild cotton tail once.

I lost.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n2XQxu3vc0BTh3JFyYy4l2oPmjCQ4erFO8Hi2yzALtch4a40XZ7kIsBv5rhyO45f