carguy123 SuperDork
May 24, 2011 9:04 a.m.

Well that's what he says anyway.

The downside is that it won't fit in the garage very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSp7CipN1pw&sns=fb

mad_machine SuperDork
May 24, 2011 9:18 a.m.

I doubt my landlord would like that in the garden.. but think of the zombie carnage

cardiacdog Reader
May 24, 2011 9:23 a.m.

Can you hunt with that?

RossD SuperDork
May 24, 2011 9:30 a.m.

I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

Strizzo SuperDork
May 24, 2011 9:42 a.m.

the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

iceracer Dork
May 24, 2011 9:44 a.m.

As the elevation increases from recoil there is no way the group will be that close together.

RossD SuperDork
May 24, 2011 10:11 a.m.

I'm glad I'm not the only naysayer.

nderwater Dork
May 24, 2011 10:20 a.m.

Apparently he's never met these civilians.

93EXCivic SuperDork
May 24, 2011 10:31 a.m.

I wasted half my morning watching his videos. oops

mad_machine SuperDork
May 24, 2011 11:01 a.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

I noticed the barrel rising too.. and I thought the shell through the manniquinn would have just punched a good size hole through it.

Osterkraut SuperDork
May 24, 2011 11:13 a.m.
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it?

Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

dogbreath Reader
May 24, 2011 11:46 a.m.

He's not even actually Russian! GASP

914Driver SuperDork
May 24, 2011 12:48 p.m.

The GrassRoots answer to the high tech Pumpkin Chuckers:

Bowling Ball Blasters!

http://www.docsmachine.com/nonPB/mortar.html

Strizzo SuperDork
May 24, 2011 3:15 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it?

Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

the flash/smoke originated from the mannequin, not from left of shot like it would if it had come from the gun.

carguy123 SuperDork
May 24, 2011 3:27 p.m.

He's on my team when the Zombies try to take over!

WilberM3 HalfDork
May 24, 2011 4:10 p.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

yea i saw that too. the muzzle angle changed like 20* and the 3rd or 4th shot shown hit lower than the first 2.

Tom Heath Web Manager
May 24, 2011 4:17 p.m.

I think the muzzle rise vs. impact group controversy is more from editing than a true fake. The gun looks legit to me. (Of course, I'm no expert in WWII era European AA guns.)

I can't imagine what those rounds must cost. I'll stay with the smallbore stuff.

Will HalfDork
May 24, 2011 5:39 p.m.

He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

John Brown SuperDork
May 24, 2011 10:06 p.m.

I have a better chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse by hanging out with 914driver, Joey48442 and Frank Fifty.

pilotbraden HalfDork
May 25, 2011 8:55 a.m.
Will wrote: He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

Bofors designed the gun, it has been built under license by many countries.

slefain SuperDork
May 25, 2011 10:13 a.m.
bravenrace SuperDork
May 25, 2011 12:09 p.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

carguy123 SuperDork
May 25, 2011 12:16 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to carguy123: Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

If I were would I have access to his money?

He could adopt me if he'll make it worth my while.

According to another thread I'm Jeremy Clarkson.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Delivery, but Not From a Dealer

1 day ago in Project Cars

We pick up our new M235i straight from BMW.

Join Us at NASA Nationals

1 day ago in News

We'll be at Road Atlanta for NASA Nationals today. Come on by.

Come to the Solo Nationals Talent Show

2 days ago in News

We're bringing back the talent show at SCCA Solo Nationals with "Tacos and Talent."

Learn How to Attack Tracks Like a Pro

3 days ago in News

Mazdaspeed wants to teach you how to drive the best tracks in North America Like a pro.

Join Us at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock

4 days ago in News

We'll be traveling north for a couple vintage events over the coming weeks. Come say hello.

Last Week for our Classic Motorsports Half-Price Deal

4 days ago in News

August is drawing to a close, and so is our discount offer for our sister magazine.

Fearing the Focus

4 days ago in Project Cars

Our new (used) Focus breaks.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More