carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/24/11 9:04 a.m.

Well that's what he says anyway.

The downside is that it won't fit in the garage very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSp7CipN1pw&sns=fb

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
5/24/11 9:18 a.m.

I doubt my landlord would like that in the garden.. but think of the zombie carnage

cardiacdog
cardiacdog Reader
5/24/11 9:23 a.m.

Can you hunt with that?

RossD
RossD SuperDork
5/24/11 9:30 a.m.

I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
5/24/11 9:42 a.m.

the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
5/24/11 9:44 a.m.

As the elevation increases from recoil there is no way the group will be that close together.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
5/24/11 10:11 a.m.

I'm glad I'm not the only naysayer.

nderwater
nderwater Dork
5/24/11 10:20 a.m.

Apparently he's never met these civilians.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
5/24/11 10:31 a.m.

I wasted half my morning watching his videos. oops

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
5/24/11 11:01 a.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

I noticed the barrel rising too.. and I thought the shell through the manniquinn would have just punched a good size hole through it.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
5/24/11 11:13 a.m.
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it?

Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

dogbreath
dogbreath Reader
5/24/11 11:46 a.m.

He's not even actually Russian! GASP

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
5/24/11 12:48 p.m.

The GrassRoots answer to the high tech Pumpkin Chuckers:

Bowling Ball Blasters!

http://www.docsmachine.com/nonPB/mortar.html

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
5/24/11 3:15 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it?

Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

the flash/smoke originated from the mannequin, not from left of shot like it would if it had come from the gun.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/24/11 3:27 p.m.

He's on my team when the Zombies try to take over!

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
5/24/11 4:10 p.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

yea i saw that too. the muzzle angle changed like 20* and the 3rd or 4th shot shown hit lower than the first 2.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
5/24/11 4:17 p.m.

I think the muzzle rise vs. impact group controversy is more from editing than a true fake. The gun looks legit to me. (Of course, I'm no expert in WWII era European AA guns.)

I can't imagine what those rounds must cost. I'll stay with the smallbore stuff.

Will
Will HalfDork
5/24/11 5:39 p.m.

He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/24/11 10:06 p.m.

I have a better chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse by hanging out with 914driver, Joey48442 and Frank Fifty.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
5/25/11 8:55 a.m.
Will wrote: He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

Bofors designed the gun, it has been built under license by many countries.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
5/25/11 10:13 a.m.

Real men shoot anvils:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWq9vKtP1a8&feature=related

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
5/25/11 12:09 p.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/25/11 12:16 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to carguy123: Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

If I were would I have access to his money?

He could adopt me if he'll make it worth my while.

According to another thread I'm Jeremy Clarkson.

N5YljFqOp7fyGIsLXehz8GrNLZLkfCU6