carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/24/11 9:04 a.m.

Well that's what he says anyway.

The downside is that it won't fit in the garage very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSp7CipN1pw&sns=fb

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/11 9:18 a.m.

I doubt my landlord would like that in the garden.. but think of the zombie carnage

cardiacdog
cardiacdog Reader
5/24/11 9:23 a.m.

Can you hunt with that?

RossD
RossD SuperDork
5/24/11 9:30 a.m.

I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
5/24/11 9:42 a.m.

the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
5/24/11 9:44 a.m.

As the elevation increases from recoil there is no way the group will be that close together.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
5/24/11 10:11 a.m.

I'm glad I'm not the only naysayer.

nderwater
nderwater Dork
5/24/11 10:20 a.m.

Apparently he's never met these civilians.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
5/24/11 10:31 a.m.

I wasted half my morning watching his videos. oops

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/11 11:01 a.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

I noticed the barrel rising too.. and I thought the shell through the manniquinn would have just punched a good size hole through it.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
5/24/11 11:13 a.m.
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.

Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it?

Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

dogbreath
dogbreath Reader
5/24/11 11:46 a.m.

He's not even actually Russian! GASP

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
5/24/11 12:48 p.m.

The GrassRoots answer to the high tech Pumpkin Chuckers:

Bowling Ball Blasters!

http://www.docsmachine.com/nonPB/mortar.html

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
5/24/11 3:15 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
Strizzo wrote: the mannequin shot is definitely fake, you can see the explosion and it goes to the side, not backwards.
Maybe he winged it? Maybe the muzzle-blast vaporized it? Having seen a Bofors in action, I'm surprised at the uncontrolled recoil from that 40mm.

the flash/smoke originated from the mannequin, not from left of shot like it would if it had come from the gun.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/24/11 3:27 p.m.

He's on my team when the Zombies try to take over!

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
5/24/11 4:10 p.m.
RossD wrote: I call BS. When he shoots a burst of rounds, the last one is fired with the muzzle no where near where the first one was fired and they hit a decent group. I'd like an actual artillery military person to comment on what they think, but I still think it was faked, the gun may be real but modified for this trickery.

yea i saw that too. the muzzle angle changed like 20* and the 3rd or 4th shot shown hit lower than the first 2.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
5/24/11 4:17 p.m.

I think the muzzle rise vs. impact group controversy is more from editing than a true fake. The gun looks legit to me. (Of course, I'm no expert in WWII era European AA guns.)

I can't imagine what those rounds must cost. I'll stay with the smallbore stuff.

Will
Will HalfDork
5/24/11 5:39 p.m.

He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/11 10:06 p.m.

I have a better chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse by hanging out with 914driver, Joey48442 and Frank Fifty.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
5/25/11 8:55 a.m.
Will wrote: He's definitely wrong on one point: Bofors is Swedish, not Austrian.

Bofors designed the gun, it has been built under license by many countries.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
5/25/11 10:13 a.m.

Real men shoot anvils:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWq9vKtP1a8&feature=related

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
5/25/11 12:09 p.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
5/25/11 12:16 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to carguy123: Say, you're not Peter Fonda's son, are you?

If I were would I have access to his money?

He could adopt me if he'll make it worth my while.

According to another thread I'm Jeremy Clarkson.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N2TuNIDEJp1fXwd3BJaiPTrZBuhcyUI8xX4CPbBraDju3VocFAxvVMAckF8xWspf