1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/18 9:50 a.m.

Here's a last-second gift deal alert, Amazon has price-dropped the 2018 Speed Champions sets! I bought 4 of them as gifts and one for myself, which you can watch me build here: Miniatures Mondays Episode 4

Porsche 911 RSR & 930 Turbo - https://amzn.to/33iZSAO
Porsche 919 Hybrid - https://amzn.to/2MFjzMB
1968 Mustang Fastback - https://amzn.to/2IL2xLw
Ferrari 488 GT3 - https://amzn.to/318cEAr
Ford Fiesta WRC - https://amzn.to/2VAP7He

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/18 9:52 a.m.

And I just bought the Ferrari at the Lego Store yesterday, too...

BTW, the 919 Hybrid is a really good one. I love the Speed Champions series because I think it's a lot harder to make a car recognizable that that scale, and the Le Mans prototypes and F1 cars are the best of the bunch. I also love the fact that they still use the old steering wheel from my childhood.

Javelin
12/17/18 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah the Speed Champions are the coolest Legos to ever come out IMO. I've gotten the kidlets a few over the years but I just had to have one for myself now. 

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/17/18 10:12 a.m.

My son got the RSR and 930 kit as a gift, I put it together for him. Think I'll get the 919 one for me

Keith Tanner
12/17/18 12:01 p.m.

Yeah, we don't have kids. But we have a lot of Speed Champion racecars. This just means I don't have to come up with excuses why *I* have to put it together. My toy! Mine!

Javelin
12/17/18 2:20 p.m.

Do you have a spare Ford GT & GT40 2-car set you want to get rid of?

Keith Tanner
12/17/18 2:43 p.m.

I don't buy my Lego as investments, I buy it to play with. So I have one Ford GT set and only one Ford GT set and you can't have it! cheeky

Javelin
12/17/18 2:46 p.m.

That's my problem! Everyone seems to think that Legos are "collectible" and worth some crazy amount of money. I just want to build one. sad

Matt B
Matt B UltraDork
12/17/18 2:48 p.m.

Thanks Jav - I know what's going in my office come Jan.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/17/18 3:13 p.m.

My sister-in-law sent me the 930/RSR kit for my birthday. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/17/18 3:21 p.m.

Have the Ferrari, bought the Porsche 911 RSR & 930 Turbo

Thanks

Keith Tanner
12/17/18 3:25 p.m.
Javelin said:

That's my problem! Everyone seems to think that Legos are "collectible" and worth some crazy amount of money. I just want to build one. sad

Have you met BrickLink yet? You can buy the parts to make just one of the cars, or you can buy an unopened kit for $29.99 plus shipping. Heck, you could make the GT40 out of Martini-colored bricks instead of the red/white that the official kit used. If you already have a bunch of Lego and are just missing bits, you can get the missing parts.

Javelin
12/17/18 7:36 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

You're welcome! Glad to help the GRM fam out. Also to get Lego to make more Speed Champions.

Javelin
12/17/18 7:37 p.m.

Bwaaaaaaah??? Never heard of them, thanks!

Javelin
12/17/18 9:04 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
Javelin said:

Have you met BrickLink yet? You can buy the parts to make just one of the cars, or you can buy an unopened kit for $29.99 plus shipping. Heck, you could make the GT40 out of Martini-colored bricks instead of the red/white that the official kit used. If you already have a bunch of Lego and are just missing bits, you can get the missing parts.

Thanks again! Not only did I acquire that set for super reasonable, it was in stock in Portland so I don't even have to pay shipping. Righteous!

Keith Tanner
12/17/18 9:32 p.m.

Awesome! That GT40 is a great little model. Enjoy.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/17/18 10:32 p.m.

The enabling here knows no bounds. Thanks. smiley

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/17/18 10:34 p.m.
Javelin said:

You're welcome! Glad to help the GRM fam out. Also to get Lego to make more Speed Champions.

I left other forums, so that I could control my spending. This website is worse :D

Javelin
12/18/18 8:20 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Javelin said:

I left other forums, so that I could control my spending. This website is worse :D

You're welcome!!

Javelin
12/18/18 12:17 p.m.

FYI - Amazon ran out of the 919 Hybrid but they are showing it back in stock on 12/24 now and still on the sale price.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/18/18 12:36 p.m.

My wife is really not going to like you for bringing this to my attention.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/18 12:42 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Have you met BrickLink yet? 

I was unaware such a place existed. This is life changing information.

Keith Tanner
12/18/18 1:00 p.m.

The combination of BrickLink and Rebrickable is a dangerous one.

Javelin
12/18/18 5:10 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The combination of BrickLink and Rebrickable is a dangerous one.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to NOT google Rebrickable right now?!? I already bought a kit through BrickLink...

octavious
octavious Dork
12/18/18 6:43 p.m.

My kids got me the RSR, 930, and a 5.0 Mustang for Father’s Day.  And then put them together why I watched and drank coffee.  I was only allowed to do the stickers.  They sit on display on the corner of my desk now. 

It was a good day.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xs8K4yGdW9YmMom90CQWleQX5g5wFPESS2Qp6SMytnM4Wz9BtrPWJhGhMqKLsiPA