frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
4/19/18 2:11 p.m.

Degrees that is. 70 degrees 

At least it’s not boring. 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
4/19/18 2:19 p.m.

I'd honestly settle for that. Instead we are just looking at 40, windy, possible snow showers this weekend.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
4/19/18 3:02 p.m.

Welcome to Global Climate Change. The high's are higher, the low's are lower and hold on the ride is going to be like a roller coaster!!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/19/18 3:12 p.m.

We hit 90 last Thursday, it was 25 when we woke Saturday morning. Back into the 70s earlier this week, was 34 when I woke up this morning. 

Used to these types of swings in OK. 

I can remember random days in Late Jan/Early Feb getting into the upper 80s/lower 90s, with highs in the 40s on both sides. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/19/18 3:16 p.m.

In reply to NGTD :

REDACTED

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/18 7:42 p.m.

I wouldn't purposely live anywhere that snows. Especially that much. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/19/18 9:10 p.m.

Gotta love mn. My first winter on my own, it dropped like 2 feet of snow while I was moving, and it was 70 the next day. A year later it did the same thing the day my car had a brick pitched through the window. 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
4/19/18 9:16 p.m.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/20/18 6:08 a.m.

It really dosent snow all that much In Minnesota.   Discolure. I went to college in upstate ny.  There snowfall isn’t really looked at until it reaches 10 feet for the year.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/18 6:12 a.m.

I just hope January is finally over.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
4/20/18 6:31 a.m.

The calendar says April 20th but we all know it's really January 110th.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
4/20/18 8:12 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

It really dosent snow all that much In Minnesota.   Discolure. I went to college in upstate ny.  There snowfall isn’t really looked at until it reaches 10 feet for the year.  

Yeah, Lewis County will get like 5 feet of snow in a single weekend. I remember one year Redfield got whacked with 10 feet in a single weekend. Army Corps Of Engineer had to come help dig them out and was having to drive dump truck loads of snow hours away to have a place to dispose of it

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
4/20/18 12:47 p.m.

I Don't mind. I'm skiing this weekend at Bristol in Western New York. First time I have ever had the option of skiing, auto racing or both in the same day.  Lifts close at 4 racing starts at 6, 10 miles away. Sounds like a day well spent to me!   

Edit **Upon further research, AER is at The Glen this weekend, not very far from Bristol. I might just make a weekend of it If I can get into the track that is. It says non spectator on the WGI website but we'll see. So if you are there and see a weirdo with skis on the roof that is probably me.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/20/18 12:54 p.m.

We hit 70s in march in spokane. A week or 2 later....-10

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/20/18 1:53 p.m.

Normally, we stop using heat sometime in March, and continue that through most of April.

Thanks to this nice long winter, we are using 94% more energy this year than last.  Ugh.  

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
4/20/18 9:01 p.m.

It snowed yesterday. Today I swapped over to the summer tires. 

Well that should mean that winter will return. You can blame me. We are supposed to get 15C by Tuesday.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/20/18 10:21 p.m.

Yeah, I worked outside today splitting wood (with my very capable HF splitter.) But I still had to wear a heavy hoody sweatshirt. For SoNE, it's still very cool for this time of year. I can't wait for real spring weather. The Miata is still in the garage tethered to the battery tender.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
4/21/18 1:55 a.m.

I personally cannot fecking wait for the drones to put their Canada Goose coats into the closet.  I know 90+% of the denizens of Washington D.C. think alike but for the love of god wear different clothing this is not Maoist China!  That little red and white neo-totalitarian patch is just too creepy. angry  I had been meaning to put this in the rants thread. no

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
4/21/18 2:00 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

Part of me a significant part of me wants to hold onto my old world ways of being stupid and making life harder by using an ax but you have to love reluctantly slowly hardheadedly how American entrepreneurship just makes doing manly stuff easier and just as cheaper whilst still being manly. I loved splitting wood with an ax from a very early age but I've also been mesmerized by wood splitters in recent decades. smiley

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/18 8:50 a.m.

Isn't swapping out snow tires for summer rubber like the groundhog seeing his shadow? 6 more weeks of winter. 

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
4/25/18 7:50 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Well I finally believe we broke the back of winter. Our first 70 degree temperatures snow nearly melted. There is talk of maybe an 80 degree temp next week. And Ice on my lake is now under 24 inches thick!   

DejaVue
DejaVue New Reader
4/25/18 12:22 p.m.

A week ago, no snow on the ground, then about 24 inches in 24 hours.  By the time I got around to wanting to clean off the sidewalk from the front porch to the driveway, the 24" of snow was already dense and ice-like, and I didn't want to fight with it or put such dense stuff through the snowblower.  Plus, knew it'd be gone in a week anyway.

There was still a 4-foot long, 6-inch high patch of snow on one section of the sidewalk yesterday.  This morning, another bright sunny day, it's gone.  There's still some snow in the yard, but that will be gone soon too. 

If anyone blames this on man-made global warming, I assume they are also for global population reduction and less immigration to first-world countries so that there are fewer people driving SUVs and living longer.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gXTOUSpQLBMappN6FIppDh0KNvlL9Bw5lUHN71q1pdbE53A0IsrnRHcHxUeXyIfY