Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/6/11 8:21 p.m.

How cool would it be to have this hanging in your Man Cave? I would love it, but not for a cool quarter mil...

it's TIME to buy...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/7/11 5:34 p.m.

Pretty awesome, but not $250k awesome.

It should be more like $15k. It is collectable.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/7/11 5:44 p.m.

0 bids w/ 20 hrs remaining, go figger

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/11 6:29 p.m.

That would go great with my 787B replica!

Oh, wait

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/7/11 9:16 p.m.

looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to make a repro of that

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/7/11 9:36 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

It definitely wouldn't, with a little ingenuity, you could probably build something like that for $500.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/7/11 9:40 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to fasted58: It definitely wouldn't, with a little ingenuity, you could probably build something like that for $500.

Then try to sell it on ebay for $250k.
Really? $250k seems really overpriced.

I fail to understand the importance of the blue cabinet. It does not look like the pieces fit in the cabinet and if they do it looks like pieces are missing.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/7/11 10:14 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to fasted58: It definitely wouldn't, with a little ingenuity, you could probably build something like that for $500.
Then try to sell it on ebay for $250k. Really? $250k seems really overpriced.

I'm not understanding what you're getting at. Did you read any of the above posts?

lewbud
lewbud Reader
10/7/11 11:05 p.m.

That doesn't look like the clock from the movie.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/7/11 11:17 p.m.

It isn't the clock from the movie. If you read the listing, this clock was employed from 1990 through 1997 when the Rolex Clock was put up.

lewbud
lewbud Reader
10/7/11 11:36 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: It isn't the clock from the movie. If you read the listing, this clock was employed from 1990 through 1997 when the Rolex Clock was put up.

Actually, his listing doesn't say that. All it says is that it was used up to 1997, when it was replaced by the Rolex clock. You're inferring a start date based on the years of the winners listed. That being said, I think Ebay is the wrong place for this. He should of loaded up the duallie and carted it over to the Dallas Convention Center for the Mecum auction this weekend. Don't think he would have gotten his quarter mill though.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/8/11 6:59 a.m.
lewbud wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: It isn't the clock from the movie. If you read the listing, this clock was employed from 1990 through 1997 when the Rolex Clock was put up.
Actually, his listing doesn't say that. All it says is that it was used up to 1997, when it was replaced by the Rolex clock. You're inferring a start date based on the years of the winners listed. That being said, I think Ebay is the wrong place for this. He should of loaded up the duallie and carted it over to the Dallas Convention Center for the Mecum auction this weekend. Don't think he would have gotten his quarter mill though.

Yeah, my bad.

And I agree with your assessment. Nobody is paying a quarter mil for that. Especially when a quarter mil can buy you a car that COMPETED at le mans. Possibly one that won a lower class. LMPs and Group Cs are just a little more.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
10/8/11 7:59 a.m.

Jay Lamm should buy it for Lemons races, just to piss off the purists.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
10/8/11 5:42 p.m.

I gotta get a picture of the analouge part so I can make a copy for my shop when I have time. If it started use in 1990 it will be a quartz movement. HMMM. Anyone interested if I do go into production?

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
10/8/11 5:55 p.m.

Just looked at my DVD copy of the movie. The one in the movie is round and made by DUTRAY with that name at 12:00 with LE MANS at 6:00.

Damn, you got the wathmaker thinking about this. The movie one would be more difficult as the minute hand moves in one minute increments. Most likely it is an electro mechanical slave with a master in the timing shack.

Now I need a picture of the Rolex one.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
10/8/11 7:13 p.m.

porksboy:Not to derail the thread but is an anniversary clock marked SOKOL MONTAGE& Co. made in Germany, worth repairing?

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
10/9/11 6:42 p.m.

Maybe. If its quartz, no. if a true windup anniversary you wind once a year, yes. Does it have sentimental value? I dont repair them and the last clockmaker I knew of doing quality work retired. I will contact some of my watchmaker friends and see if they know anyone.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
10/9/11 6:47 p.m.

True wind up, no sentimental value beyond an antique that should be preserved? Painful to watch the old craftsmen hang up their tools

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/9/11 6:58 p.m.

0 bids at auction end

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8X72tHjPNRScJLZ4NP2xE3XHPP4ykXLzrH9LsOV5KRwG77Xuxm6HkOr63eUkICNi