1 2 3
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/19 2:57 p.m.

Definitely interested in this topic- the Dancer has a number of issues from her years of dancing and unfortunately she seems to have the gene where she gets almost all of the worst side-effects from many medications and thanks to this cannot take the more powerful anti-inflammatories that would probably help her the most. We've heard good things about CBD's noninflammatory properties but haven't figured out the best way to go about getting it and being confident it's not figurative snake oil.

Hadn't honestly thought of simply asking our doctor about it- will have to look into that...

Sebastrue
Sebastrue New Spammer
3/11/20 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Toebra :

is [canoeing a] danger for my health??

jaminson
jaminson New Spammer
3/13/20 12:50 p.m.

If I understand your conditions correctly, [I can canoe twice]

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/16/20 11:55 a.m.

In reply to codrus :

Marijuana and hemp are different plants

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/21 10:03 a.m.

Since this thread was started, I've tried CBD. It had absolutely zero effect on me.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
2/1/21 10:14 a.m.

Same boat as Tom^
Since my crash I've had chronic headaches and sometimes my usual fixes don't work. Stopped by a local CBD shop a couple weeks back and the dude was eager to get me some free samples. If I'm generous, maybe it took some of the edge off, but that's a stretch. Tasted like dirt, the paste he gave me to rub on my head stank.
Similarly, I tried kratom a while back too. It was in a capsule so it didn't stink or anything, but it also didn't help me. 
Eh, maybe it helps some folks. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/1/21 1:10 p.m.

Same boat here. The real deal helps me, but despite it being legal in Illinois I don't partake more than once a month or so. I view it the same as alcohol: while it may help in the short term, or be a fun distraction from life, the long term unknowns are too much, especially when considering your lungs. 

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
4/20/21 5:33 a.m.

I'm in the boat of straight CBD does nothing in edible form. I'm unsure of how I would respond to other forms. A 50/50 CBD/THC relaxed me too well. I wasn't high. Rather, I felt like my body turned into a weighted blanket. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/20/21 6:46 a.m.

I use CBD oil for anti-inflammatory/chronic back pain. It's not a cure for me, but have consistently proven to myself that it makes a meaningful difference as I've started/stopped using it multiple times to try to prove to myself that it's not coincidence or just in my head. It works well for me.

One unrelated side impact I've noticed is that it seems to help me with brain/body barrier stuff. I race dirt bikes, and at the end of a 3 hour race or 8 hour rally stage, your body is usually worn out enough to be seriously distracting. For whatever reason, the CBD seems to help my brain ignore that I'm tired and instead stay focused and loose on the bike. There's a big difference in performance when my brain is saying "oh no, my legs are cramping, my hands hurt too much to hold on, I can't push any harder" over and over vs naturally and subconsciously ignoring all that and instead focusing on "stay loose, keep your momentum up, pick a good line, keep your eyes up". Not sure I'm doing a good job explaining it, but this improvement in staying focused has been repeatable to me as well. The first time I raced with CBD, it kind of blew my mind. I didn't expect it to have any effect and was just hoping it would help with the back pain.

Downsides I have seen - I can't take it before work because my job is a lot of sitting in front of a computer, and it makes me tired/inefficient. It doesn't help my focus at work that I can tell. It also affects everyone differently. My girlfriend tried it once and it made her very irritable. She said she felt like she didn't give a E36 M3 about anything and it brought any frustration/anger to a bit of a hair trigger. She does tend to react pretty strongly to anything she takes though.

I've only tried the tincture you put under your tongue for a bit.

As with any supplements, quality makes a big difference in how effective it is. It's a bit hard to tell what is good and what isn't considering how popular and trendy it has become, and how little scientific study there seems to be on it.

AaronT
AaronT Reader
4/20/21 10:11 a.m.

I have found that CBD edibles don't do much/anything but smoking the flower does have a relaxing and mild high effect. I don't smoke much, but sometimes it's nice. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/22 10:12 p.m.

I find it helps with migraines and general ive-worked-too-hard stuff. It's not the same as a painkiller but it makes a meaningful difference. It is supposedly very different for each person depending on how your body processes cannabinoids.

I also gave it to my 14 year old dog and it made him basically a puppy again, like.....hopping over couches.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/17/22 8:41 a.m.

My F-I-L has terrible back issues that are getting worse every day. He has a fusion of 5 vertebrae and a cage on others. He "was" a big guy, 6'3" 260# back in the day. He is so hunched over now that he's probably 5'7"-5'8" and walking with a cane for the short distances he can even do that. A few years back I met someone who touted the benefits that CBD oil brought to both him and his father. With really nothing to lose, I suggested it to MY F-I-L and rec'd nothing but pushback because he is 1000% against alcohol, smoking, drugs or pills of most any kind. I went to a local pharmacist that he's friends with and explained his situation and asked about a possible recommendation for CBD oil. He sold a pharmaceutical grade CBD oil and I bought a small vile in the hope he would be willing to try it. His daughter and I "ganged up" on him and he conceded to trying it for a few weeks. The oil is taken subcutaneously(drops under your tongue) and he noted it tasted like the green tops of carrots? Weird, but I guess you can eat that part? Anyway, it was administered twice daily. Now, he lives a few houses away and from front door to front door is probably just a bit over 1/4 mile away. When he comes over to visit, he either drives his car or side-by-side. One weekend afternoon our doorbell rings and I go to see who's there. It's Jack and Sulley his Goldendoodle. I open the door for them to come in and look in the driveway for his method of transportation. I don't see anything which is strange, but maybe he parked around back or something. I ask him how he and the dog got over here and to my amazement, he said that they WALKED! Really? She and I were shocked at hearing that and looked strange lay at one another. When they were getting ready to leave, I asked if they wanted a ride back home and he said, "No, he and the dog would walk back". She and I stood in the window and watch with amazement that he was actually walking all the way back home. He had never done that before in the 2-3 years he has been across the street. In conversations with them a day or two later, I mentioned how well the CBD seemed to be working since he was able to easily walk to our house and back. He said that he didn't believe the CBD wasn't doing anything, that he was just having a "good day". He was in total denial that it was in fact working and working better that anticipated for those few weeks. He finished the first bottle, had purchased another then quit once that bottle was done. He complained about the price, that he didn't believe it was doing anything and that his brother and friends told him it it was just a fad and waste of money. 

Fast forward a few years and he is now walking full time with a cane, just went thru shoulder surgery and in a wheelchair until his shoulder heals. I'm trying once again to suggest CBD oil as a remedy for his persistent back pain. When he gets out of the rehab facility tomorrow, we are having a serious heart-to-heart talk about trying CBD again. His daughter is the only one he will listen to, so we only have one shot at it. 

If he agrees to try it again, I will report back in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

VegasNick
VegasNick GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/29/23 7:25 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

This. I also work in the aerospace industry. Our HQ is in Denver so automatically everyone assumes we can smoke it up. I just watched a 60 year old mechanic have his career and livelihood destroyed by one careless night before he got hit by a random. 

To be clear though... I used to be in law enforcement, specifically narcotics division, and I am 1000% pro legalization of MJ and its derivatives. We wasted millions of dollars enforcing laws that destroyed lives of people over 1/4 oz of pot. We should have been funneling that money into real drug issues like coke and meth. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/24 5:16 a.m.

Canoe sunk.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/24 12:07 p.m.

I tried some of the Texas legal CBD gummies. 

Actually I tried one and had weird psychedelic dreams plus was out it for 24 hours.   So I threw them away because the store would not take them back. I am reading this is not a common experience.  ( I only smoked a joint twice in the '70's so have basically zero drug experience to draw upon)

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
4/18/24 3:18 p.m.

Researching CBD is nothing short of inconclusive to me. My sister took CBD oil for her back because she is in terrible pain, she gets cortisone shots but unfortunately, they are not effective. She turned to CBD oil but had to custom order it from a manufacturer that guaranteed she wouldn’t fail a drug test because she worked in healthcare. While she didn’t fail drug test, it didn’t help her.

In my health journey I have battled inflammation, muscle pain and stomach/digestion issues for most of my life. When I work with my doctor it’s about how do I get better so I can stop taking said medication. In addition to weaning off medication I look to improve my physical, mental, and nutrition. CBD oil looks like a good way to help me recover from a knee injury, that healthwise has sidelined me. Whether it works or not, I haven’t read anything that says, I took it it got me over the hump and now I am weaning of it. That message of getting over that hump would be helpful if someone has one.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L52dV66j1tAQ7PJZVaZnwdb23Dd5gtevbCfKwfdbBtHywacYRpPONf4uDDc7L3ah