1 2 3
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/15 12:35 p.m.

I am probably getting sent here soon by my new job for a week. I am unsure if I will fly and have a rental car or if I'm going to drive up at this point.

Is there anything worth doing?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/21/15 12:38 p.m.

All of 20 minutes to downtown Columbus it appears. Nightlife should be easy to find

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/21/15 12:40 p.m.

Plenty of GRMers in the area. I don't go over that way often so I don't have much personal experience of things to do in the immediate Dublin area. We have rallycrosses on Oct 10 and Oct 17.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/21/15 1:22 p.m.

Let me know when you're in town. Come down to the brewery. I'll give you a tour.

Brett_Murphy
9/21/15 3:30 p.m.

Evan,

If I get sent during that time period, I might be begging for a co-drive.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/15 3:36 p.m.

Practice saying "I-O" in response to random people yelling out "O-H" in situations ranging from traffic jams to office meetings. It will definitely happen if you are in a restaurant with TVs.

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
9/21/15 4:06 p.m.

The AMA motorcycle museum in Pickerington is pretty cool as is the COSI museum downtown. Columbus is a nice city overall despite being kind of a sprawling arrangement.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/21/15 7:53 p.m.

My fav is one hour west. Wright Patterson Air Force museum in Dayton.

chief8one
chief8one New Reader
9/21/15 10:50 p.m.

www.gpkcolumbus.com <- yet to check it out.

http://16-bitbar.com/columbus <- nice and nostalgic

I live outside of Columbus

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/21/15 11:20 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: My fav is one hour west. Wright Patterson Air Force museum in Dayton.

yes, this is a must see.

Another obscure one is in north Cincinnati, about 60-75 minute drive from Dublin. Place called Entertrainment Junction. It's a massive model railroad display. It's about indoor gokart track sized warehouse that you walk through time - from early trains running wood through the mountains to furniture mills, on to modern times and bustling downtowns. The buildings (and scale cars) are amazing. I'm not a real model railroad buff or a history buff but I can still get lost for hours in the place and blissfully lose track of reality for a little while.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
9/21/15 11:44 p.m.
logdog wrote: Practice saying "I-O" in response to random people yelling out "O-H" in situations ranging from traffic jams to office meetings. It will definitely happen if you are in a restaurant with TVs.

I had that happen to me at a bar in Austin, took me by surprise. I turned around and there were three guy's in Michigan shirts, turned out they were Michigan football players and spotted my Ohio State hat. I had a beer with them, pretty cool guys for Michiganders.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/22/15 7:52 a.m.

Columbus Zoo is also very good.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/22/15 7:53 a.m.
chief8one wrote: www.gpkcolumbus.com <- yet to check it out. http://16-bitbar.com/columbus <- nice and nostalgic I live outside of Columbus

There are more Barcades opening up around there.

Level 1 Bar + Arcade just opened up the other week, and will be a lot closer to where the OP will be centered. Plus, parking is free and easy.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/22/15 8:03 a.m.

Is this another Ohio gathering in the wind...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/15 1:42 p.m.

A meet up at Zauber Brewing ?

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/24/15 2:34 p.m.

Oct 21-24 is the Pumpkin Show.

I haven't been to one since 1977 or so, but my sister was named little miss pumpkin show. They have pumpkins and pumpkin pies, but the best thing is go to Lindsey's Bakery and get some pumpkin doughnuts. Last time I was passing through OH, I detoured to swing through Circleville just for the doughnuts and some cookies. It's about an hour south from Dublin.

Brett_Murphy
9/24/15 7:53 p.m.

I'll be finding out when I'm going in the next few weeks. If any GRM folks want to meet up, I'm game, though I don't know what my schedule is going to be like yet.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/25/15 1:28 a.m.

It's an interesting location to choose for a vacation to be taken in January

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/25/15 6:31 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

Meh. Worst thing about winter here is how much the locals complain about it.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
9/25/15 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron:

And their lack of driving ability in the white stuff.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
9/25/15 12:30 p.m.

I just found out that Dublin, OH is the birthplace of Wendy's. You might want to check out the original.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
9/25/15 12:57 p.m.

In reply to scardeal:

It was downtown Columbus and it is gone now.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/15 1:35 p.m.

I lived in Columbus from 1999-2010. The two things I miss are Tommys Pizza (I hated the square cut cracker like crust that is popular in Central Ohio when I moved there but I did end up really liking Tommy's) and laughing at the stupid Ricart commericals on Saturday morning.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/25/15 4:30 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: In reply to Beer Baron: And their lack of driving ability in the white stuff.

If its anything like Indianapolis, all the people who forget frozen stuff is slippery seem to die off quickly with the first occurance....

Brett_Murphy
11/4/15 2:43 p.m.

Looks like 11/30 to 12/11 will be my trip dates.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PzOj00P3cLfOyoDOa7UOaXMHhhHNLpkjpVYqx07qas8o6u9PEKp4O6tdpmUgSbqw