1 2
nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/28/18 8:16 p.m.

We’re looking all over the metro, too. Wish you the best!

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
7/28/18 8:28 p.m.

I live in McDonough, and work in Hampton. Don't do Griffin, Hampton, or Fayetteville.

South of Griffin is great, Peachtree City is nice but pricey. I like McDonough for the most part. Jenkinsburg or Jackson would be at the top of my list. Pike county is great, but it's suprisingly pricey. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/29/18 12:00 p.m.

In reply to Klayfish :

Mental’s a good guy- I totally trust him. 

Please tell him I emailed him and would like to chat. 

Mental
Mental Mod Squad
7/29/18 1:14 p.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Mental :

You’ve got mail

Sorry! I did get your email!, I am composing an extended reply, but the weekend keeps getting in the way!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/29/18 1:36 p.m.

30 years ago I worked with a salesman who was previously a building contractor.  He said at that time that Gwinnett county was the fastest growing county in the US.  Atlanta  will soon extend out 60 miles or more.  I remember going to my aunt’s house to visit in 71 an Kennesaw was in the sticks.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/29/18 4:15 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

I live in Roswell and it used to be considered pretty far out. Now there are apartments all the way up 400 to Cumming (and beyond) that are home to thousands of daily commuters that all drive down 400. It is nuts.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/29/18 5:16 p.m.
Mental said:
SVreX said:

In reply to Mental :

You’ve got mail

Sorry! I did get your email!, I am composing an extended reply, but the weekend keeps getting in the way!

Cool!

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
7/29/18 6:50 p.m.

Yes things could change quite a bit in the next 6-8 years.  Just look at how much things have changed in the past 6-8 years. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/30/18 7:28 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:

In reply to spitfirebill :

I live in Roswell and it used to be considered pretty far out. Now there are apartments all the way up 400 to Cumming (and beyond) that are home to thousands of daily commuters that all drive down 400. It is nuts.

One of my bosses in the mid 80s lived in Roswell.  Great area back then, but it was already becoming crowded.  I made a few trips up GA 400 back then.  I would hate to do it now.    

I always thought North GA (Clayton, Blue Ridge, Dalonega) would be a good place to retire to, but the Atlanta exiles have long since driven up the prices of land up there with their weekend getaways.    

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/30/18 6:11 p.m.

Born and raised there and left in 2015. Hall and Cobb counties for all of it.  Every time I go back I can't believe the traffic and number of people who have moved in. I'm in my 30s and it's stressful for me just go back for a week and deal with it. I don't know if I could "feel" retired there.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LVygO9pIQBJsV7iHOlPtHbku1pbnnbAhtc6Org0Tz0DTyvYkT4pY8z1P8BoadHzg