fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
1/15/09 7:41 p.m.

Haven't had a LEGO thread in a while so here's a cool rally Mini, even has a stripped out interior and window nets!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26304022@N04/sets/72157612565196034/

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/15/09 8:17 p.m.

Amazing work

aircooled
aircooled Dork
1/16/09 11:25 a.m.

Sometime I really don't understand this "made with Legos" thing. I mean many times (as with this one) it looks like a collection of custom molded blocks (not unlike a normal "model") with some obligatory Lego style dimples showing somewhere.

Now, you do the same thing with "standard" style lego blocks, that's impressive. As you can tell, I am a bit old school as far as Lego's go.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
1/16/09 11:39 a.m.

I agree, although I think I (fairly or not) hold Lego's feet to the fire more on this than AFOL's or other builders.

Take this set from Lego -

Where are the studs? Where are the individual pieces that I can use to create something other than an airplane? I hate complex or specific molded pieces - that's MegaBlocks crap, not Lego.... See now you got me all worked up!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/09 12:22 p.m.

That certainly looks a lot less flexible than the old Space stuff was - or even better, Technik. I loved that.

But you could still make a cool plane out of those bits. Shorten the fuselage, or make a bullet train, or put the props on the top of the fuselage, or make a float plane...

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
1/16/09 1:54 p.m.

By the way, 44 has already taken the oath in Legoland (see below)

~More Info Here~

I think this is a stitch, but then, I'm a Democrat.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
1/16/09 2:29 p.m.

I love Legos. I still have one of my oldest toys - it's a jet-car that I built when I was 5. It's pretty damn-well thought-out too (my own creation).

When I was 14, I had a technix go-kart with slightly treaded slicks. That thing took so many hard laps around my countertop that the tires wore out and the legos would no longer hold it together.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/16/09 3:04 p.m.

I stoped playing with legos around 16 when they killed the technix line. Sure the reused most of it for bionicles, but thats when i stoped buying new parts.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/16/09 6:12 p.m.

I have got my Kyosho Mini-Z, MINI cooper in a garage maid with legos. And my daughter love playing lego Batman. yea LEGO's!!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
1/17/09 9:44 p.m.

Legos are the E36 M3. Mine are in a box somewhere in my attic...if I ever have kids, I'm going to break them out and let them have at it. No video game ever came close to being as cool as Legos when I was a kid.

That said, the last Lego set I bought was the Technic F1 car. Took me like five or six hours haha.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/17/09 10:08 p.m.

Don't make me go take a picture of our humongous Oakley display case full of Star Wars Lego.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
1/18/09 11:29 a.m.

You should see JG's office.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/18/09 11:41 a.m.

I asked Santa for Legos. Santa brought me Brix Blox.

Brix Blox suck.

EastCoastMojo
1/18/09 5:13 p.m.
derekshannon wrote: Can you? My sone would LOVE it!

OK, here she is!

There's other Lego in there, but it's mostly Star Wars stuff.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya New Reader
1/18/09 9:20 p.m.

There is a tradition for me every year for Christmas- I get a new lego set. I think they (parents or in-laws)have missed 1 year in the past 30, so I have a nice little collection. I wish I had my old big set from home, but they did not make the move with me across country, but on a good not we did just have a LEGO store open here.

This thread reminds me of the lego machine that builds little lego cars all on its own, a bit long, but cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3AcPEPbH0

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/18/09 11:42 p.m.

Mojo, i will trade you my first born for the X wing ... boy will Brianne bad mad at me...

Jay
Jay HalfDork
1/19/09 3:39 a.m.

Depending on which of us has kids first, I'm going to have to fight my sister for our two huge crates of Lego.

I intend to win.

Even if I have to have an entirely fictitious kid to do it.

J

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
1/19/09 8:05 a.m.

My friend's older brother convinced him that if he played with legos that were recommended for older age groups, he would go to prison.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/09 11:17 a.m.

There was a guy selling Lego on Craigslist locally by the pound. He had hundreds of pounds of Legos!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/20/09 12:38 p.m.

I have about 30-40 lbs in my basement right now. lots of starwars stuff....

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/20/09 1:19 p.m.

This guy... Wow.

http://www.filmroster.com/article/60000_piece_star_wars_lego_diorama

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury New Reader
1/20/09 1:25 p.m.

Eastcoast, Please tell me the RV in the upper left of your case IS from spaceballs!!! if its not, please lie and tell me it is anyway!!

I love that damned Mel Brooks!...

"they've gone plaid!"

Comedy gold!!!

EastCoastMojo
1/20/09 2:03 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Mojo, i will trade you my first born for the X wing ... boy will Brianne bad mad at me...

lol

4cylndrfury wrote: Eastcoast, Please tell me the RV in the upper left of your case IS from spaceballs!!! if its not, please lie and tell me it is anyway!! I love that damned Mel Brooks!... "they've gone plaid!" Comedy gold!!!

That one is the bus for the lego soccer team. I went to google looking for an image of the kiit and instead found a video of a dude named Bill who just has to be stoned talking about the lego soccer team bus

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jBbRHuDCNlTvnhLv8qhBeSLaPU4q2BIaLdSvYEaskt3fOSMN6BQUyZLhBZZCc3cJ