1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/10/18 8:04 p.m.

I think I must have had 5-6 lime green dump trucks. Did they come in any other color?

(I know they did, buy for some reason, that's the only color we seemed to get at K-Mart in Montana. )

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/18 10:13 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Ours was red, it didn't get used much though as brother and I were big into trailers and I eventually cut it up into another tractor.  We had gotten a bunch of trailers for Christmas one year and then rigged up some dollies to have doubles and triples.  

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/18 12:03 a.m.

Dad has an orange one and the green one. They're cool!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 New Reader
1/2/19 2:39 p.m.

Most of you have small scale (AFX) stuff, but the Wednesday Night Racers league I play with is all old enough guys that we find the little ones too hard to see at the far end of the track! Thus we run 1/32 scale every Wednesday evening in the Bucks/ Philly area, with once a month excursions to my track in Easton. Join us, we do not enforce serious rules, we race for fun with almost every type of 1/32 car made today. My track has full scenery as well, the others much less so.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/13/19 6:49 p.m.

Very nice Turner!  If you (or I) was only a bit closer...

*sigh*

noddaz

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/14/19 10:38 a.m.

Very cool. Love me some slots cars, even though I admit that I don't play with them often.

Here's one from the collection: my dad's GT40.

Javelin
6/3/19 6:03 p.m.
Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 7:37 p.m.

Let's see if I can add to the discussion here.... :) Here's a couple HO concours builds I did awhile back...

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 7:40 p.m.

Hmmm, let's try it again. And yes, these all run.... 

Javelin
6/3/19 8:09 p.m.

In reply to Pushrod :

Those are HO scale?!? That's amazing!

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Thanks! They were fun builds. Here's more...

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 8:24 p.m.

And another (can't seem to upload more than one pic ata time - I must be doing something wrong.... :(

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 8:26 p.m.

Another Geoff Brabham tribute.....

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 8:28 p.m.

Boss 302 w/full engine detail....

Javelin
6/3/19 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Pushrod :

Are these kits? Scratchbuilds?

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Except for the VDS Lola, these were all scratchbuilds started with a vacuformed body Decals/graphics were applied inside the body. After masking the windows, the paint was airbrushed inside as well. Bodies were pinned to the chassis, base HO chassis was in most cases the Tomy Super G+ with custom/aftermarket rims and tires. Here's a few more.... :)

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 9:36 p.m.

'69 Sunoco Lola Coupe

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 9:38 p.m.

Silk Cut Jag - the wing was a pita - 14 seperate pieces!  .... :(

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 9:40 p.m.

Guess I just like Lola coupes! 

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/3/19 9:42 p.m.

...And an Earnhart Monte Carlo for you NASCAR fans. Front grill was airbrushed flat lacquer, then drawn with a mechanical pencil.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/3/19 10:31 p.m.

We just finished our basement and I have a copious amount of flat space that is begging for my old HO slot car set. Unfortunately my HO slot cars are all corroded to hell. Anyone tried the new cars on on Tyco tracks?

I'm also watching Goodwill online for cheap Scalextric sets. My boys love going to the local slot car track, so I'm thinking they would dig having a track at home. Plus, it is an excuse for me to play with slot cars again...

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/4/19 12:15 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

Hey, Slefain - if your HO chassis are bare copper, you can easily clean 'em up by stripping them apart and immersing in distilled vinegar, then a warm water rinse....If you have the silver plated type, a couple minutes in some Tarn X works wonders too. Here's a pic of a routed HO track up in Portland built by Bill Bostic, one of our local racers. Thought everyone might like to see it....

Javelin
6/4/19 12:39 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

We can fix those old cars up! Also all HO scale slot cars will work on all tracks.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/6/19 2:02 p.m.

Something else to keep this thread moving...a pic of a local (Eugene) 4-lane routed HO track. The owner is retiring soon and I am helping him organize a racing program to ease his retirement... :) Really a good guy and a nice race track...I have hopes we'll have a pretty good racing scene down here in awhile.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/7/19 2:37 p.m.

Because it's Friday. A vintage CanAm car - '67 Shelby King Cobra (the one that didn't work). Based on the ancient (1968) Lancer body shell. Love that nose!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YfKwhkjGKXwZgmILijum86KpN0BUFuE0uOHrg6UoabadZBwjTZHah7RIw3lkzJdC