poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/5/08 11:23 a.m.

...is pretty cool sometimes (Independence Day Parade.) We get the best seat in the house (rocking chairs) in front of the shop:

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/5/08 11:30 a.m.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
7/5/08 1:27 p.m.

It looks pretty empty.........

We had the civil war guys at the Hinsdale, Illinois parade yesterday. I wonder if our civil war guys fight your civil war guys.............

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/5/08 1:51 p.m.
pete240z wrote: It looks pretty empty.........

2006 Population Joliet IL: 142,702

2006 Population Blue Ridge GA: 1,081

Regarding the Civil War guys:

"Fannin's representatives were divided during the 1861 Secession Convention, held at Georgia's capital in Milledgeville. Elijah W. Chastain, a strong states' rights proponent, voted for secession, while W. C. Fain voted to remain in the Union. Loyalties were likewise divided throughout the county. About two-thirds of Fannin's citizens remained loyal to the Union while one-third supported the Confederacy during the Civil War (1861-65)."

...Pansies.

That was your 666th post, BTW.

Jay
Jay HalfDork
7/5/08 1:58 p.m.

What's the black car above the Caddy pic? Studebaker? That has to be one of the best looking 'villian cars' I've seen. I can just picture it carrying two thugs with tommy guns and a body in the trunk.

J

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/5/08 2:07 p.m.
Jay wrote: Studebaker? J

BINGO!

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
7/5/08 2:07 p.m.

My neighbor owns one like that but it's not black.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
7/5/08 2:14 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Jay wrote: Studebaker? J
BINGO!

Cool. I guessed it too.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/5/08 2:34 p.m.
pete240z wrote: It looks pretty empty......... We had the civil war guys at the Hinsdale, Illinois parade yesterday. I wonder if our civil war guys fight your civil war guys.............

Hinsdale? I was born there.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
7/5/08 3:21 p.m.
pete240z wrote: It looks pretty empty......... We had the civil war guys at the Hinsdale, Illinois parade yesterday. I wonder if our civil war guys fight your civil war guys.............

What’s this civil war of witch you speak? Down here in Kennesaw Ga. we learn about the War of Northern Aggression.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
7/5/08 3:56 p.m.
ignorant wrote:

When was the last time you were back? Hinsdale, Illinois is home of the teardown homes. Buy a house, tear down the 1200-1500sq foot home and put up a mcmansion.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
7/5/08 3:56 p.m.

I do so love the concept of Mayberry. I realize it's only a fantasy world, but it's something we can all aspire to.

Looks like this parade was a very close approximation of it.

Well done!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/5/08 6:31 p.m.

Ugliest majorette I've ever seen.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
7/5/08 6:44 p.m.

I shouldnt trust spell check.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/5/08 8:57 p.m.

you shouldn't trust anybody

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/5/08 9:56 p.m.
pete240z wrote:
ignorant wrote:
When was the last time you were back? Hinsdale, Illinois is home of the teardown homes. Buy a house, tear down the 1200-1500sq foot home and put up a mcmansion.

last time i was there was 1979. Always wanted to go back, but never have been able to get there

It's a bit like glenview then. I got family there.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/5/08 10:09 p.m.

Was I in the only school district in the south that actually refered to it as The Civil War? OTOH the Virginia Beach school district was one of the top 25 in the nation when I was still down there.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/08 7:16 a.m.
ignorant wrote:

Me too! Hinsdale General Hospital.

yeha22
yeha22
7/7/08 8:49 a.m.
porksboy wrote: What’s this civil war of witch you speak? Down here in Kennesaw Ga. we learn about the War of Northern Aggression.

I do believe you are referring to the Recent Unpleasantness....

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/7/08 9:22 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: Was I in the only school district in the south that actually refered to it as The Civil War? OTOH the Virginia Beach school district was one of the top 25 in the nation when I was still down there.

Uh - that was a joke.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/7/08 4:52 p.m.

why no pic of the '64 malibu (only caught the left headlight on the edge of one pic)?

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/8/08 8:12 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: why no pic of the '64 malibu (only caught the left headlight on the edge of one pic)?

My bad, y0:

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/08 10:24 a.m.

i loves me some GM intermediates!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
7/14/08 12:11 p.m.
What’s this civil war of witch you speak? Down here in Kennesaw Ga. we learn about the War of Northern Aggression.

No, wrong. In Canada, it is referred to as "infighting amonst Her Majesty's former Colonies."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P46glHqACXNXVzhYlhUJRDdl5F8Q5KTyiXLXcKMCuXsu1tnmCA78CpXHFjRhvMf4