1 2 3 4 ... 15
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/22 10:20 a.m.

Please move this to builds and projects forum for me and maybe change title to 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T? Pretty please?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/what-has-12-cyls-3-turbos-and-8-wheels/195051/page1/

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/16/22 8:41 a.m.
DarkMonohue said:

There are indicators of a canoeist-in- waiting here.  

Yeah, watching him/it

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/17/22 11:03 a.m.

Just an FYI, the pop-up for the free digital download freezes my browser window.  Clicking on the "X" in the top right corner is futile.  I am forced to open another browser window.  Kind of annoying, and probably not what is intended.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/17/22 7:41 p.m.

I'm having a similar issue. After the pop-up appears it shifts upwards a little and the X is hidden off the top of my screen so I can't close it. Using latest Firefox.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
6/24/22 12:23 p.m.

Whoops.  Just put a post in $2000 Challenge thread by mistake.  Can you move the "Aren't we about due for a Binky episode?" post to the Grassroots forum...?  Thanks.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/22 11:51 a.m.
Duke said:

Probable pre-canoe:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/Jason_Hoover/

I'm not sure. We'll keep an eye on this one.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/22 10:02 a.m.

Hey, mods, any chance we can put an end to this bullE36 M3?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/22 10:12 a.m.

I won't name names (see what I did there), but lately there's at least one person making the forum suck.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/22 10:42 a.m.

Can you fellas point me to a thread at least or shoot a PM?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/22 11:02 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Look at the last page of the Rants thread. None of "my" posts made between 9:57p last night where I ranted about the pissing contest and the one where I reply to Peabody today were actually made by me.

This seems to be an extension of the little personal grudges exhibited in the autocross downshifting thread on the GRM board, that got it locked.

Who knows what little tiff that was an extension of. At least 2 members are acting like 12 year olds - one maybe more than the other, but not by much.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/17/22 12:23 p.m.

Any chance I can request a name and avatar change for the account formerly known as "_" now that he's been deactivated?  I'd rather not be associated with his old posts.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/_/

Edit:  Re-worded to clarify my request.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

This post is a test to see if users can still change their preferred screen name, which is done by clicking on your profile and choosing "edit profile".

then

and all the way at the bottom is where you can change your avatar.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/17/22 1:12 p.m.

In reply to this is only a test (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the heads up, I know I can change mine, learned that from the origin of "poopshovel again".  I was hoping they would change HIS screen name and avatar since he stole mine and now all his old posts have my avatar and his profile has my name.

I really think you should have to request a mod to change your screen name, I know it can be fun sometimes, but this guy takes advantage of it all the time.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/22 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Word. I misunderstood your request. Carry on.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/17/22 4:46 p.m.

They were obvious trolling and obviously not mine, but it would be nice if the posts he made using my name and avatar in the Rants thread (7/15) could be assigned to someone else.

I guess I see the point of allowing users to change their own names, but being able to set them to the same as an existing user borders on 4chan.  It's possible they had a space after it or something, but it didn't seem so. They also even were able to mimic my rank unless they were also a MegaDork.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/17/22 4:51 p.m.

Also, if you could clear my name, avatar, and his ripoff of my sig out mtn's profile, that would be super awesome.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/17/22 4:57 p.m.
Duke said:

They also even were able to mimic my rank unless they were also a MegaDork.

They appear to be made by mtn, who is also a megadork.  _ was not able to mimic my rank.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/17/22 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I assumed as much.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/19/22 1:22 p.m.
Duke said:

Also, if you could clear my name, avatar, and his ripoff of my sig out mtn's profile, that would be super awesome.

Thank you for taking care of this.  The posts still remain as by "Duke", but at least they have his avatar now and his profile name is changed if you click on it.

I appreciate the effort.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
8/1/22 12:02 p.m.

I wonder if we need better username registration with more complexity to filter out spammers?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/22 1:05 a.m.

Would it be possible to get a dark mode option for the forum?  

EDIT:  It is more my wife asking as when I can not sleep I will surf GRM and my screen is so bright it keeps her up.  

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/18/22 2:31 p.m.
Javelin said:
Duke said:
Javelin said:
Duke said:

Why can't I upvote some posts?

I don't believe it is due to negative votes, because I have had it happen on posts that have +X votes, not just zero.

Usually because you already upvoted it. 

Yeah, I get that, but it happened several times in recent days where it was my first viewing of a given post.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll see if I can recreate it or find out if there is a common condition.

That's odd. If a post has 1 down vote and you give it 1 up vote it will also just stay at 0. I know GRM is working on a "hide" functionality to the down votes, but I don't think any code has changed yet.

For the record, I have noticed the same thing.  Most curious is the fact that all instances that I've noted have been on posts that have leaned a particular way or were contrary to the wishes of the Thought Police.

Yes, I understand the concept of "plausible deniability."  Probably just a computer "glitch." laugh

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/18/22 2:52 p.m.

We're really not technically sophisticated enough for a grand conspiracy, nor do we have the staff time to go through and flag posts as leaning one direction or another to support that grands conspiracy system... 

But we do have the post like counts configured to avoid hurting feelings. Regardless of a post's actual score, it will never show fewer than zero likes. A -3 that receives an upvote will be a -2, but both will show the user zero.

Occassionally I'll see popular topics (anything on the front page) getting multiple votes at once, so the total might be different than you expect once the page reloads.

If anybody is seeing bugs outside these conditions, please shoot me an email and I'll get the devs on it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/19/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

I noticed that apparent political correlation too, but rather than dive straight towards the conspiracy theory, I figured that political posts are a lot more likely to have a few negative votes for any positive votes to overcome.

Remember, net negative votes just appear as zero.  It could be -20 for all we civilians can see.

No, this is for completely innocuous or generally helpful posts that I can't imagine anyone downvoting... but my upvotes just don't take effect.

I will try to keep better track and identify any potential connections.  It may only be on my iPhone.  That also has a wierdity where sometimes voting will take me to a page that says "Thank you, your vote has been recorded." and is difficult to browse back from.  But that doesn't always happen at all on my phone, and sometimes when it happens it's easy to browse back to the thread.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/25/22 2:19 p.m.

THREAD MISSING

The GRM Racing League thread in Sim Central is gone.  I JUST posted to it this morning (a YouTube video link) and have not seen it since.  It should be at the top of Sim Central, but does not show at all now.  I also cannot see it in my post history.

If the thread is somehow corrupted (hopefully not), if you could find a way to at least recover the first couple of posts, those are actually very useful information that I don't think is backed up anywhere.

1 2 3 4 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wRp5Idk8tCGPqxgIqUqj1imhX6XVk6owZ7iAFtXEw9OyCTfn4dYTBZiWucmQT5Ak