SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/15/18 2:37 a.m.

So I bought a couple people some liquor for Christmas and we are having a belated Christmas get-together. 

I originally wanted to do something fun for a gift box and got directed to Etsy, but by the time I would get done paying for it, the gift box would cost twice as much as the liquor itself. Not only that, but most of the generic stuff I have found is made for 750ml wine bottles and the one bottle I have is about an inch wider than the average wine bottle. 

I want boxes for a specific reason that I don’t feel like explaining, but basically they need to be in boxes and I need to wrap them.

My Google-Fu has run out and my trips to the local hobby and craft stores have not produced anything. If I could find a blank wooden box or something that I could customize, that would be ideal, but I’m running out of time and need to figure something out. 

The dimensions of the tallest bottle is 13.5” high and around 5” at it’s widest point. The other bottle is 11.5” high and the same width. 

Any help would be awesome. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/15/18 6:15 a.m.

I ended up with some wooden wine boxes that are wider than 5" and about 3.5" deep. (Not sure if your bottles are round or not) Seems like they were 14" tall. I would check with a local wine shop to see if they have any left over from a tasting that might work for you. I don't recall the brand off the top of my head, but I am sure there are several that come that way.

Another option is USPS. They have a priority mail box sized for shoes that would work for you and should be free. Linky Not sure if this size would be available for pick up at your local office or order online only. 

Another option of course is to make your own cardboard box. Only need to find cardboard that is big enough to cut out what you need. The local appliance shop should have large boxes (or target may have some bike boxes) that you can use to cut your own custom boxes from. Maybe posterboard if it needs to look like a gift box?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/15/18 9:43 a.m.

How about these gag boxes from Prank Pack?

https://prankpack.com/

Fruitcake fire log

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/15/18 11:11 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Yeah I saw those on Amazon. I thought about it for a quick minute, but I want something a little more serious. laugh

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/15/18 11:22 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Yeah I’m looking to do some custom artwork on them, so I’d like to find something wood and a blank slate at that, if I can. 

I found some companies that make them, but they sell to the liquor companies and you have to buy in bulk. They don’t even offer prices on their sites. 

I honestly didn’t think this would be difficult, but of all the stuff that is out there, I can’t believe how difficult it is. I kind of wish I had woodworking skills and the equipment, because I’d just do it myself. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/15/18 11:37 a.m.

Time to buy some fancy liquor! laugh

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/16/18 8:51 a.m.

Huh, thought I’d get more answers, seeing we have some pretty knowledgeable people on here. Oh well. Looks like I’ll have to keep searching. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/16/18 9:00 a.m.

These guys will make a custom-printed box in one or two quantity orders, if you're OK with a paper box instead of wooden.

https://packlane.com/

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/16/18 9:05 a.m.

Ha, a few minutes later and I accidentally found this: 

Single Wooden Wine Gift Box

Looks like the proper dimensions and affordable too. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/30/19 8:55 a.m.

Here's another nice looking wood box: wood wine box

abbiejohn
abbiejohn New Reader
4/16/20 2:34 a.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

I am looking for [canoe package boxes] 100 PCS size 11*12.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/20 7:57 a.m.

berkeleying c-word paddlers!   but now i want to know the final solution.  i was thinking a sheet of pink foam board from Lownardepot could be cut into rectangles and layered, with the inner layers cut out in bottle shape.  could paint it to look like a Bible, all Shawshank style.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/4/21 5:56 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1SIIFXARHlNjLjyiqPYdKRY8m21aTZdC9y3AVU2sXJPiZ6NJpCn421dSrKWxEYxa