Nis14
Nis14 Reader
4/18/18 9:05 p.m.

Hi Guys,

So I wanted to get your thoughts on a logo that was designed for a start-up company that I have a hand in. The target is automotive but I can’t say anything more than that. The project name is GearHead, we wanted a simple design that we would make into vinyl decals with.

It’d be great to see what you guys think.

Image removed

Thanks!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/18/18 9:33 p.m.

I think it's good, the gear and the letter G are both obvious. Nice and simple. I like it. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/18/18 9:52 p.m.

I agree - it looks good, even though it's simple and obvious.  So many logos don't make any sense, or use letters that are so stylized you don't know what they are.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/18 10:16 p.m.

Looks cool but i swear ive seen something very similiar before

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/18/18 10:16 p.m.

I’ve created a few logos myself, and I think it is good.  The other advantage of simple is that is translates well to light and dark for different backgrounds. You can also do easy outline and color variations.

I might play with bring the top of the G around a bit more to see what that does, but it’s pretty damn good as is.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
4/18/18 10:34 p.m.

Looks a little like an AR15 bolt face, but only a little. I appreciate the clarity in branding and legibility. That's a yes for me dawg.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
4/18/18 11:02 p.m.

The proportions are a bit odd.  I'd lower the right hand side from approx 3 o'clock to 4 and have a look.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/18 11:34 p.m.

He worked at Gizmonic Instutite, just another face in a red jump suit..  he did a good job cleaning up the place, but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him into space!

That said, yours is different enough and clean enough that I like it.

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
4/19/18 2:33 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

The proportions are a bit odd.  I'd lower the right hand side from approx 3 o'clock to 4 and have a look.

I concur.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/18 2:38 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

I agree with this assesment given above. 

What most bothers me is that the "fulls" and "voids" of the gear are not the same in proportion or similar.  Said another way, it appears that your gear design will not do very well at actually turning like a gear. 

Nis14
Nis14 Reader
4/19/18 4:07 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Love the comments. 

I had to bring down the image, the designer was a little sensitive. :( 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/19/18 8:09 a.m.
Nis14 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Love the comments. 

I had to bring down the image, the designer was a little sensitive. :( 

Well tell the designer we said "you're welcome, jeeze!" And roll your eyes for us. 

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
4/19/18 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Nis14 :

Sensitive about what?  The concept was good and what was shown was good. But there is always room for improvement...And growth.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/19/18 5:46 p.m.

If hes that sensitive.......a creative field is not for him.....

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
4/19/18 6:08 p.m.

I wondered where the image went...  Makes sense now

Nis14
Nis14 Reader
4/19/18 6:14 p.m.

Haha that was my thought too. Don’t worry, I eyerolled him good. Thanks again! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GRWWJCyhY3z6hEbUtqYUZWJAP0xGK9fiALnQH4SEiy9V2KyK8UH5V3FIFcMVAn3z