EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/6/18 3:14 p.m.

Hey gang, I'm looking for a referral here. Any recommendations you have based on experience or word of mouth are very appreciated!

The patient: 1997 4Runner 4WD approx 170K. The clutch has been failing gradually over the last year, and she's basically undriveable at this point except for very short distances. The transmission should be fine. We had originally intended to do the work ourselves, and bought the requisite clutch assembly, flywheel, master and slave. 

Husband has just gotten a promotion, but his hours are going to be changing pretty significantly as he will be on the night shift rotation. This has prompted us to farm this job out to a shop to keep it from taking forever to complete. I recognize the fact that we may have to return the parts we bought as most shops aren't going to want to deal with that. The problem is, I really don't want to take it to a dealer for this service. I am hoping to find an independent shop with a good reputation to take it to. 

Anyone have a place they recommend? Affordable is great, but honesty and great work are most important to me. Thanks in advance!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/20/18 3:33 p.m.

Just wanted to update this for anyone else in the area who needs a good shop recommendation. I ended up going to Reliable Import Service and I was very impressed. Quick turnaround, reasonable rates and my clutch is like new, better than when I bought the truck two years ago. This is a top quality shop, and the service was excellent here. I highly rcommend them, you won't be disappointed. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/20/18 5:32 p.m.

I wish they were local to me.  

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/20/18 5:48 p.m.

Look at click and clack s old page. Will show you a list of garages. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RDfX6tdgeD9JbtkBzokdlKsSFAvnSOVge0ZeHu16c4GZnRkqvyiPy9j1JNQXdIwU