1 2 3
JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
9/10/10 9:19 a.m.

Bob,

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
9/10/10 10:06 a.m.

I still miss my Dad, and he passed in '64. Heart attack, nothing as cruel as Alzheimers. We had a family reunion in June and I got copies of a bunch of letters he had written to my mother while he was overseas with the SeaBees in WW2. Always upbeat, no problems, we're safe. He was on Iwo Jima and Saipan.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater New Reader
9/10/10 10:28 a.m.

I don't know if it gets easier but you do get used to it, I mean it's been 45 years & I've got a lump in my throat.

Fletch1
Fletch1 Reader
9/10/10 10:36 a.m.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. May the Lord give you strength during this time.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/10 10:42 a.m.

While mine have both been gone for over 18 years I find solace in the little things they taught me.

My sons would not be who they are today if it were not for my parents, I just wish they could have met.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
9/10/10 10:45 a.m.

I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. My dad just got through with a bout with cancer, and it was hard enough just to see him as mortal. Best of luck.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/10 1:58 p.m.

Bob, keep thinking of the good times, and don't dwell so much on the things you wish you could change. We're here if you need us.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
9/10/10 4:37 p.m.

Bob, my heart goes out to ya....

my Dad died a yr ago Tue... thought I was getting over it... if you could see the tears leaking right now I guess you'd know I haven't

God bless you .... that last ride will be in you memory for a long time/always

minimac
minimac SuperDork
9/10/10 5:13 p.m.

Lost my mother the same way-then had to watch the shell of her linger on for eight more years. Hold onto the good stuff and the not so good sort of just fades away.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
9/10/10 6:59 p.m.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a great man.
Even though he's gone his influence is far from gone. He' has left a legacy here, you any brothers and sisters you may have and your kids if you have any. He influenced them all and will continue to do so for many years to come.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/10/10 7:01 p.m.

sorry for your loss.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/10 7:23 p.m.

I'm sorry as well,

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/10/10 7:27 p.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: That sucks. I lost mine six years ago, and I still see things change and think "Dad would love to see this." Good Luck.

Yep, this still beats me up me regularly (after almost 9 years).

Sorry for your loss, townsend.

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
GladlyTheCrossEyedBear GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/10/10 7:29 p.m.

My sympathies, Bob. It's been 5 years since my dad passed. I agree that the board is a great community and help. I heard echos of things that run through my head all the time; like using tools that were his. Time will help, and he'll never be gone for you. My dad is still here everyday, and I've forgiven him for our Fiat thing, though I'm still working on forgiveness for the Peugeot stuff.

Better days ahead, Michael

pigeon
pigeon Dork
9/10/10 8:58 p.m.

My condolences to you on your loss. Try to take solace in the memories of the good times you have - my dad left home when I was 8 and was never really there for me when he was at home. He's still alive but hasn't been in contact with me for 30+ years. I never had the experience of learning from him about how to use tools and fix cars, houses, etc. I'm trying very hard to share those things with my now 10 year old son. You are lucky and blessed to have all the great experiences you had with your father; enjoy them.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
9/10/10 9:40 p.m.

Can't really add anymore than what's already been said. Sorry for your loss.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz Reader
9/10/10 10:52 p.m.

Sorry for your loss. Last time I saw my dad before he passed we spent a day working in my garage. Seems fitting, looking back.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
9/10/10 11:19 p.m.

I have not yet even lost a grandparent. I don't know what I will do when I do...

Sorry for your loss.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/11/10 6:36 a.m.

My condolences on your loss. It's good that you got to spend time with him toward the end.

My dad died in January of this year and it's still fresh. Every day I think of something I'd like to tell or show him and then realize I can't any more. Maybe one day that will ease.

barnca
barnca Reader
9/11/10 10:23 a.m.

sorry for your loss..

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
9/11/10 3:10 p.m.

Just keep thinking about the good times you had with him, I am sure I he would want you to remember them.

rmarkc
rmarkc Reader
9/12/10 7:32 p.m.

I'm sorry for your loss.
My dad passed away in July and my mom 3 years ago. The loss never leaves you but you do really begin to cherish the happy memories and the bad feelings fade into the background. Just keep up the day to day and, whenever possible, try to do something to make him proud.

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
9/12/10 8:07 p.m.

I miss my Dad who died over six years ago. He was always there to assist and advise me. Unfortunately he didnt have the car gene so he didnt understand my need for speed or adventure. He preferred to read, fish and drink. Regardless, he was a good friend and a real influence on me.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
9/13/10 1:15 a.m.

Sorry your Dad is gone. I lost mine three years ago. If yours was like mine, he would have rather gone on and got it over with than "live" like he was at the end.

Carrera4
Carrera4 Reader
9/13/10 1:26 p.m.

I am very sorry for your loss. My Mother passed away at 57 from pancreatic cancer in June, so I understand what you are going through. Hold on to the memories and celebrate the life he lived.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
249JxgetBU6vQS4AyDoV9pXDIxUGmWXtzG4bLhHfkrNXT1Tjo47q3nz8bYdpvF8i