Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/30/14 6:07 p.m.

1/2 price books had a 20% off thru today. They had 3 of these and I have always wanted/needed one of these handbooks. 1940 printing.

Wife won't understand but I needed this. Tonight I will pick through it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/30/14 6:10 p.m.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
12/30/14 6:11 p.m.

I think mine is a 12th ed. Awesome books.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/30/14 6:13 p.m.

After having one of the small ones for 5 years, I saw that MSC carries the large print one. Its way easier on the eyes.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/30/14 6:14 p.m.

BTW, my wife did understand as she is an engineer too.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
12/30/14 7:39 p.m.

Nice!

The info in there is applicable to 80% of what I do; we still grind our own HSS and cemented carbide cutting tools.

I have the 23rd edition and Sandvik Coromant's Modern Metal Cutting which I actually find to be more useful, it's kind of like cliff's notes.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/30/14 7:50 p.m.

20% off at half price?

That sounds cheap, but math...

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
12/30/14 7:56 p.m.

One of my most cherished possessions is a 15th edition that my paternal Grandfather bought new. When he passed away, my father inherited it. Shortly after I got my first job as a machinist, after a stern talking to, I got the book. Besides a lead hammer and a pension for Fiats, it's the only thing I have of his.

My signature is proudly listed below their's in the inside jacket.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
12/30/14 8:29 p.m.

Don't confuse American Machinist's Handbook with Machinery's Handbook, they were competing books, Machinery's is the one that made it past the 8th edition, and is still in print and updated regularly.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
12/31/14 10:43 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Don't confuse American Machinist's Handbook with Machinery's Handbook, they were competing books, Machinery's is the one that made it past the 8th edition, and is still in print and updated regularly.

Yep, I had them mixed up.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
12/31/14 7:00 p.m.

I've got the seventeenth edition that was given to me by one of the senior draftsmen where I worked in the early seventies. The other handy book is Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
12/31/14 8:07 p.m.

I have a 12th edition of Machinery's Handbook that was my father's. He used it in his work and gave it to me when he retired. I used it while I was a shop teacher and still get it out once a month or so to figure something out.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
12/31/14 8:14 p.m.

22nd Edition Machinery's Handbook here

been a while since I opened it but it's always there on the shelf

I love books

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/15/18 6:49 a.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners