1 2 3 4
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/19 7:49 a.m.

Single, Billionaire, free Amazon Prime for life...shes got it all. 

(yes, I know that's horribly sexist, its just a joke, calm down) 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/14/19 7:59 a.m.

Chances are high her next relationship will be with someone similarly wealthy. It just seems to work out that way.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/14/19 9:31 a.m.

I would be more than willing to sign a pre-nup. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/19 9:32 a.m.

Fun fact, if she gets half of Jeff's money she'll instantly be the wealthiest woman (by personally owned assets) in the world and in history.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/19 10:10 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Fun fact, if she gets half of Jeff's money she'll instantly be the wealthiest woman (by personally owned assets) in the world and in history.

More than Cleopatra? Empress Wu? Catherine the Great?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/14/19 10:27 a.m.

Without adjusting for inflation?  Probably.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/14/19 10:31 a.m.

So how would you adjust for inflation from Cleopatra to now?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
1/14/19 10:34 a.m.

Probably she is very high maintenance :)

But I would let her take me to lunch !

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/14/19 10:43 a.m.

She'd be more attractive if she rode motorcycles and could weld.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/14/19 10:48 a.m.
mtn said:
GameboyRMH said:

It gets difficult to quantify the actual wealth of someone like Cleopatra. She might have controlled a country but she couldn't personally direct the actual expenditure of everything within that country's treasury. Someone like the Bezos' could personally spend $144 billion between them, if they so desired. Only time to liquidate stock would be in the way. (And of course the stock would start to go down pretty quickly if the founder was selling it all...) So if you don't directly control an asset is it really yours?

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/14/19 10:57 a.m.

I am perfectly willing to be a boytoy even if I am not capable of actually passing as one.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/14/19 11:04 a.m.

Not with a ten foot pole....

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/14/19 11:33 a.m.

Hmm, not one picture in the whole thread of this "beautiful" woman.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/14/19 11:45 a.m.

In reply to carguy123 :

She looks pretty good at 48, but the absolute dweeb next to her might be distracting.

HFmaxi
HFmaxi Reader
1/14/19 11:54 a.m.

I misread this as "Mckenzie bros......" and am genuinely disappointed now. However, less confused.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/19 11:57 a.m.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/14/19 12:33 p.m.

I get the sneaking suspicion that the chance of anyone on this forum of landing this particular lass to be significantly LESS than our chances of hitting the Powerball.......twice.

But yes, i’d Sign up for boy toy duties just for the perks (Amex Black anyone?)

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/14/19 12:40 p.m.

Even if you could afford the initial purchase, the maintenance would kill you.

Don't even think about the restoration costs down the road.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
1/14/19 12:51 p.m.

Saw this and died laughing.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/15/19 6:50 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

fifty
fifty HalfDork
1/15/19 6:53 a.m.

richer than Gina Rinehart? Personal wealth is ~$19 billion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Rinehart

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/15/19 6:55 a.m.
dculberson said:
mtn said:
GameboyRMH said:

It gets difficult to quantify the actual wealth of someone like Cleopatra. She might have controlled a country but she couldn't personally direct the actual expenditure of everything within that country's treasury. Someone like the Bezos' could personally spend $144 billion between them, if they so desired. Only time to liquidate stock would be in the way. (And of course the stock would start to go down pretty quickly if the founder was selling it all...) So if you don't directly control an asset is it really yours?

Do any financial assets really belong to anyone? Money is created from debt, at interest mind you, and when you're talking about Bezos money, it's almost all digital 1s and 0s, not even "real". 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 7:33 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Maybe I’m missing the intent of your question, but here’s my first thought:  Does my having a good-paying job make your house payment?  No?  Well, it makes mine.  So I’d say yeah, financial assets really do belong to someone.  If they belonged to everyone, you could make your house note with my pay.  If they belonged to no one, then I could not make my note with my pay.    

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 7:45 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Not with a ten foot pole....

Mine goes to eleven.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/15/19 8:21 a.m.
ddavidv said:

Hypergamy doesn't care.

Marriage/divorce:  just another business transaction.

No way I'd call her a gold digger. Princeton grad who worked for a Hedge fund before they moved across the country and he started Amazon. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
agjO5PqdYLKnGc3ywEnXTsTbMDsBJuujA2Q3hZozJ1pOs3RlX1zXNSYdaYEynp6H