1/22/20 11:40 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/22/20 11:42 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/20 12:07 a.m.
Stefan said:

BullE36 M3. That's every pilot that ever lived.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/23/20 8:56 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/23/20 9:24 a.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 9:37 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I had to laugh at the one line.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/20 10:11 a.m.

bearmtnmartin
1/23/20 10:11 a.m.

bearmtnmartin
1/23/20 10:12 a.m.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/23/20 10:16 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Appleseed said:

Still not as good as this classic from Dan:

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/23/20 10:51 a.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin :

literal lol for that one...made me think of pulling the transmission in an e36

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
1/23/20 11:18 a.m.
Dr. Hess said:
Knurled. said:
Appleseed said:

Still not as good as this classic from Dan:

Ok, that made me LOL again !

Thanks Doc wink

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
1/23/20 12:21 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/23/20 2:12 p.m.

Sure hope this isn't 'too political':

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

i kinda want to know just so i can say "goddamn that's berkeleying stupid, i can't believe people burn calories and use brain space to care" but i can't actually find the interest it would take to read any one of the hundreds of links i'm exposed to every day.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
1/23/20 5:51 p.m.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/23/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

There's a difference between caring and entertainment.

They amuse me. Kinda like clowns. 

Knurled.
1/23/20 8:12 p.m.
Duke said:

Those kind of things kinda bug me, because it's a bit like feeling a sense of accomplishment when the sportsball team that operates out of the city you live in wins a game.  You had nothing to do with it.

1776?  I wasn't born for a bit over 200 years.  I don't even have any family who had a dog in the fight, as far as I am aware - all of my ancestors emigrated to the US in the 1880s-1900s from the opposite end of Europe.  MAYBE I had a great-great-(?)-great-grandcousin-thrice-removed who was a German mercenary hired by what would become the US.   I got no dog in anything that happened in this continent in 1776, 1789, or hell even 1861-1865.  My Grandfather rode a destroyer in the Pacific during the 1940s nastiness and some of his brothers are buried in Europe, but I got three Japanese cars and two German ones because that has nothing to do with me.  Hell, one of the German cars was made in Pennsylvania.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
1/23/20 8:15 p.m.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
1/23/20 8:17 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/23/20 8:35 p.m.
Knurled. said:

MAYBE I had a great-great-(?)-great-grandcousin-thrice-removed who was a German mercenary hired by what would become the US.   

Sorry this bugged me. The Hessians were mercenaries for the British not the Americans. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/23/20 8:37 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Duke said:

Those kind of things kinda bug me, because it's a bit like feeling a sense of accomplishment when the sportsball team that operates out of the city you live in wins a game.  You had nothing to do with it.

1776?  I wasn't born for a bit over 200 years.  I don't even have any family who had a dog in the fight, as far as I am aware - all of my ancestors emigrated to the US in the 1880s-1900s from the opposite end of Europe.  MAYBE I had a great-great-(?)-great-grandcousin-thrice-removed who was a German mercenary hired by what would become the US.   I got no dog in anything that happened in this continent in 1776, 1789, or hell even 1861-1865.  My Grandfather rode a destroyer in the Pacific during the 1940s nastiness and some of his brothers are buried in Europe, but I got three Japanese cars and two German ones because that has nothing to do with me.  Hell, one of the German cars was made in Pennsylvania.

Sooooo....  you don't care about the royal family either?  Haha!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/23/20 8:54 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Harry for PM in the future? Just WAG here

Knurled.
1/23/20 9:27 p.m.
Stampie said:
Knurled. said:

MAYBE I had a great-great-(?)-great-grandcousin-thrice-removed who was a German mercenary hired by what would become the US.   

Sorry this bugged me. The Hessians were mercenaries for the British not the Americans. 

It was somebody, okay?  It was a long, long time ago, in a galaxy like 800 miles away or something.  The part of the continent where I was born and live now was colonial France at that time anyway.  Pretty sure, at least.  (I can legally become a French citizen!)   Nobody's cared about the French monarchy since the 1700s but for entirely other reasons.  Anyway, I qut smoking and putting adjectives after the nouns frightens me, so the point is moot I guess.

Somehow I recalled that the US hired German officers to train their soldiers to do the soldiery things they needed to do, and this was part of how the US almost did have an official language.  German.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/20 9:41 p.m.

And Casimir Pulaski was a badass Pole who trained the revolutionary cavalry, and who's tactics are still relevant and used to this very day. What the hell are we arguing about? 

1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 1584

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f54iVBJxNgSzly4I8Ce3nE4gCgaOwP4uLq8vaulVXOs9fiiCAdediTY7u1oQ4Jg6