QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/18 12:39 p.m.

Yesterday a couple of great car guys took a trip out to the farm to laugh at the lack of progress and in general allow all of us to get our minds clear for a few hours. Thank the both of you for allowing me to relax among you. 

Some know my life over the past decade has been in turmoil, much of it from my inner compass being off by a lot. Divorces, failures, career changes, life changing illnesses and financial ruin have all been checked off my personal list. It is my dream to never revisit those issues. My reality I'd no different than so many others on this board and on this rock holding seven billion souls. Thank God that is now in the past.

I have done what's necessary to get back on my knees, a wise man suggested while I was there to pray... I did... he was right... Thank you my friend.

Being lucky isn't a superpower, it's not even something that a person can rely on, but I feel luck and hard work have brought me home. All along home was just out of reach, never a comfortable place but rather an idea I had heard about from others. 

At 47 years old I've finally seen what I can do, and what I should not ever do both as clear as crystal. I'm in no rush any longer, my largest hurdle now is getting free time to do as I wish. Work is busy and that takes time out of my scheduled life. Days like yesterday remind me that it's okay to be a season behind. It's okay that I can't keep up with the Nelsons. More important is the reality that as much as I am helped by a visit like this, I realize that my guests were along for the same treatment.

Get out to a friend's house, talk cars, talk life, let your guards down and live again. You deserve the free mental healh adjustment that comes along with it!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/18 6:19 p.m.

A-freaking-men

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/18 9:32 p.m.

It’s always fun coming up there.  I came home mentally refreshed and tore into E36 M3 today.  Of course, I cannot say what i did because zero dark challenge, but it’s going to be an interesting 4 months.  

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
5/27/18 9:44 p.m.

Well, I enjoyed the day ,too, because I like talking car stuff but it didn't result in a burst of energy. I sat here all day watching racing and scouring Craigslist for more stuff to fill the garage ( I found some). 

Patrick
5/28/18 1:05 p.m.

Today = holiday = go do something with cars and your friends or family.  My buddy Ben is coming over with his ls2 gto and we’re going to hit a cruise night, because why not

QuasiMofo
5/28/18 9:40 p.m.

That whole working 7 days thing includes this holiday. I managed to snake out early and buy a topless red 4 wheel parts donor for my newest engine swap project.

The good running 17.5hp from this LT1500 is getting swapped into

this 2016 Troy-Bilt TB-42. 

The frame of the Craftsman let go, it's beyond repair. the battery, engine and fuel tank are excellent though and a repair for $160... well I'm not going to complain.

#BiltNotBought

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
5/29/18 6:40 a.m.

How did the seller happen to ruin the engine in a 2016 mower so quickly?  Apparently I need to start watching the internet for a nice new chassis for my current motor to go in, too. My 18 year old Scott is showing its age, but the Intech motor is in fine fettle. I'd say a $160 upgrade was well worth it.

QuasiMofo
5/29/18 11:21 a.m.

Oil. People are idiots when it comes to oil. This one should have been repaired but they simply thought Troy-Bilt wouldn't warranty it from them running it out of oil. 

Facebook Marketplace 》 Mower 》 less than $xxx (budget). I put in "Troy" on mine because I was looking for a bag for our walk behind.

Patrick
5/29/18 12:17 p.m.

To be fair i know better but still haven’t changed or checked the oil in my mower since I got it in 2011.  I’m going to do that now so karma doesn’t blow it up

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/18 12:33 p.m.
Patrick said:

it’s going to be an interesting 4 months.  

Did you say 4 months??? Crap I gotta get going on my build!

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
5/30/18 9:44 a.m.
Patrick said:

To be fair i know better but still haven’t changed or checked the oil in my mower since I got it in 2011.  I’m going to do that now so karma doesn’t blow it up

I have used my current mower since i was 12 mowing my parents lawn (im 29 now) and have never changed the oil.  It runs fine.

to be fair, it burns oil so i do add about a quart a month. wink

QuasiMofo
5/30/18 11:36 a.m.

engine, fuel tank and battery are "in" (on?) ran out of light last night, maybe 20 minutes more, possibly 30, after work. It took longer to get the crank bolt off than literally all the rest of the swap combined. 

oh, I worked on it 35 total minutes so far.

QuasiMofo
6/1/18 11:47 a.m.

One total hour of work I have a solidly affixed engine and fuel system that starts on command with a twist of the key. Belt pulleys and testing tonight.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jivxg20jTraR433CK5HnaXp2YNNI14ByNjNm6inXOeHultNZKZFmtjC4rnQsG8QK