1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/17 9:20 a.m.

I can, with remarkable consistency, name that tune in two notes.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/26/17 9:41 p.m.

I just legitimately sent an email to a guy asking if he wants to trade his chicken E36 M3 covered 400 swapped D100 for my D350. I had a straight face on the whole time.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 9:53 p.m.

Im just now leaving the shop frim putting the miata back together so i can drive it tomorrow. Im doing so despite still having the company car with paid for gas, as the company car is that bad. And tomorrow is a 300 mile run.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
7/26/17 10:34 p.m.

Twice in one day I couldn't find my Miata and a crowded parking lot because the thing is so small and so low to the ground. Upon reflection I suppose I can also chalk this up as a first world problem.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/27/17 10:01 a.m.
Woody wrote: I can, with remarkable consistency, name that tune in two notes.

My superpower is walking into the living room, glancing at what's on TV for less than a second, and naming the movie. Sometimes it takes a little longer if I haven't actually seen it before. Seriously, last night I named Teen Wolf from a 2-second sideeye of a generic high school basketball game, and Michael J Fox wasn't even in the scene.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/27/17 10:02 a.m.

The confession I actually came here to post.

I really don't like The Band. I know everybody of a certain age (I'm 52) is supposed to love The Band, but I just don't and never really did.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/27/17 10:11 a.m.
Duke wrote: The confession I actually came here to post. I really don't like The Band. I know everybody of a certain age (I'm 52) is supposed to love The Band, but I just don't and never really did.

Definitely an acquired taste. And like most acquired tastes, sometimes it will never be acquired.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/17 10:15 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: In reply to Woody: First rule in inside sales - you always ask the customer; "when do you need the product?" That way you don't over promise and jam up the shop. When do you need the seat?

Corollary to the first rule: if it's a race part, there is always an event this weekend.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/27/17 3:35 p.m.

I've been checking my phone all day to see if chicken barn D100 guy has emailed me back yet. Probably a good thing that he hasn't but I'm still disappointed.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/27/17 8:17 p.m.

Im enjoying the Bluetooth functional in my car way more than i thought i ever would. Maybe theres hope for me adopting some technological stuff from the kids yet.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/27/17 8:31 p.m.

I never had the patience to figure out how to use bluetooth in a car on a normal basis. And I've been told I'm one of the kids.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/17 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Wikipedia said: Invented by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994,[5] it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables.

Congrats you've caught up to 1994.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/17 11:11 p.m.

Farting in an elevator so no one else hears it will make you smile. Stepping out of the elevator and then looking back to see the people that got in waving there hands around there heads like they are being attacked by a swarm of angry bees as the door closes. Priceless!!!

Yes my inner ten year old was in prime form today.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/28/17 3:57 a.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Dusterbd13:
Wikipedia said: Invented by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994,[5] it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables.
Congrats you've caught up to 1994.

Does that mean i can still rock 80s hair band@at high volume?

I love 90s alternative and 80s hair bands....

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/28/17 6:25 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13: Only if you have hair.....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/28/17 6:26 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

I still have most of it....

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/28/17 6:48 a.m.

Rock On Bro!!!!!

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
7/28/17 11:59 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Farting in an elevator so no one else hears it will make you smile. Stepping out of the elevator and then looking back to see the people that got in waving there hands around there heads like they are being attacked by a swarm of angry bees as the door closes. Priceless!!! Yes my inner ten year old was in prime form today.

Then there was the time I was on a double-sided elevator, and it didn't occur to me to look behind me to see if anyone actually got on after the rear door opened at a floor stop...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/17 3:29 p.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote:
dean1484 wrote: Farting in an elevator so no one else hears it will make you smile. Stepping out of the elevator and then looking back to see the people that got in waving there hands around there heads like they are being attacked by a swarm of angry bees as the door closes. Priceless!!! Yes my inner ten year old was in prime form today.
Then there was the time I was on a double-sided elevator, and it didn't occur to me to look behind me to see if anyone actually got on after the rear door opened at a floor stop...

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/29/17 10:25 a.m.

Oh yes, the craigslist has begun. Just turned down a guys offer to trade his 279k mile 2009 Caravan for my truck and $2500.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/17 12:52 p.m.

I used to think cutting fluid was snake oil, now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
7/29/17 5:23 p.m.

When dining out, I usually find the beer selection to be lame. Not counting wines or liquor, my beer fridge contains:

Tatra

Guinness

Schmidt

Bitburger

Strohs

Stella cidre

Kostriber

Angry orchard

Dragon's milk

Steg porter

Warsteiner dunkel

Magners pear

Benedictiner

Great lakes blonde ale

Seagram's hard soda variety

Svyturys baltas heffeweizen

Maybe this should be in the first world problem thread, I can't decide what to drink tonight.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/17 8:05 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I used to think cutting fluid was snake oil, now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Wait until you try gear oil on aluminum when using burrs. It's like pushing a hot rod through butter.

Confession: There was a 6th-gen Camaro at the carwash across the parking lot from the new facility, idling for a solid 90 minutes. It had a real popcorn-popper of a camshaft in it, loping and burbling and crackling along at maybe 1100rpm. I want that. I don't know what I'd put it in but I want that.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/30/17 8:15 p.m.

I have no idea what to change my display picture now that it looks like my truck's going to be gone in a day or two.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
7/31/17 11:49 a.m.

I just ate four doughnuts.

1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ne9APoXS3GqEvmXKo9unZK9WsBInffgQLYT1dyEI6HDFgOKTHH7vFOv8fr5Zjmb5