1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 441
Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/17 12:02 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

My beer fridge depletes too quickly to ever gain that much variety. I guess that's my confession

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/31/17 12:06 p.m.

I just worked on the duster. My confession is that it only needs a half day of work before it can go back to the tuner and be driven again. And i haven't done it in 6 months.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/31/17 12:06 p.m.

I almost put a finish nail through my thumb. I was putting up a piece of trim and had the safety pinned back with my index finger to keep it from making dents in the (already finished) trim. Well I put one nail in ok and went to get the next spot ready for a nail and "thop!" Hmm where did that finish nail next to my thumb come from? Oops. Next time let go of the safety between nails.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/31/17 2:07 p.m.

I fell to 2nd place on the Top Modded Olds Bravada list on wheelwell. This is a problem. Time to list my bent E36 bottle cap roller wheels as a mod.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/17 2:41 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

Holy crap, they still make Stroh's?!

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/1/17 11:01 a.m.

Furious: Recent PA beer law change allows "distributors" to sell 6 & 12 packs instead of case only. My favorite beer store started carrying all sorts of neat stuff so grabbing a 6 or 12 of something new/different is relatively economical. (Confession: Making sure I NEVER run out of beer, or even close, is a TOP priority!)

Woody: I buy Strohs or Schmidt when they run out of Hamms. (Confession: I have one premium beer to prime the pump, then switch to swill.)

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
8/1/17 11:54 a.m.

The wife's Outback, while fast, is a gas guzzler and has a recalcitrant check engine light that can never be cured, only postponed. It sounds good but, because of the CEL, it has never had permanent cruise control. A few days ago the A/C quit. She had it checked out this morning while I was at the gym and it's the compressor.

E36 M3ty gas mileage, no cruise, not nearly enough space for family road trips and now no A/C...I think we're done here.

It was nice having no car payment.

Edit:

Whoops, this should have gone in the rant thread.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
8/1/17 12:42 p.m.

I just used a blueberry to frame my dog for a laundry crime I committed.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/1/17 1:26 p.m.

I feel less bad about selling my truck when the new owner shows up to get it in a 1980 W200 Sno Commander. This isn't the right tow rig to haul a D350 though so I ended up driving it to his house.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/17 3:36 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

Oh trust me, I am quite familiar with our lovely state's arcane laws regulating alcohol . My favorite distributors have also rolled out a healthy variety of 6 and 12 packs as well since the recent changes went into effect.

I just usually never keep more than a case/case and a half on hand and usually just mid-grade stuff (Yuengling is generally my go-to) since my friends grab the good stuff first any time they're over.

Also, I haven't had Hamm's in forever!

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/1/17 3:59 p.m.

I think I've decided that for my next project I need to learn for my self how terrible 70s land yachts actually are.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/1/17 4:00 p.m.
Furious_E wrote: In reply to etifosi: Oh trust me, I am quite familiar with our lovely state's arcane laws regulating alcohol . My favorite distributors have also rolled out a healthy variety of 6 and 12 packs as well since the recent changes went into effect. I just usually never keep more than a case/case and a half on hand and usually just mid-grade stuff (Yuengling is generally my go-to) since my friends grab the good stuff first any time they're over. Also, I haven't had Hamm's in forever!

Confession:

Land of the Sky Blue Waters cartoon bear commercials had a long-standing subliminal effect on me.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/1/17 4:07 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: I just used a blueberry to frame my dog for a laundry crime I committed.

I'm impressed that your dog knows how to do laundry.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/17 8:41 p.m.

It was 105°F here today. I did a couple of oil changes at work then spent the rest of the day riding shotgun in a wrecker doing tows. I thought it was hot in the shop but holy crap does it take it out of you crawling around on the pavement in the sun hooking up vehicles. I was absolutely drenched from about 1 to 5pm. I'm not afraid of work and it seems that the nastier I get, the more sense of accomplishment that I get. It was a good day .

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls PowerDork
8/1/17 10:22 p.m.

You know in movies and TV shows when they can't get or don't want to pay for the license to a song or jingle they will "write" a piece of music that is clearly supposed to be that piece but is just different enough to avoid legal trouble?

Pretty much most blues music sounds like that to me and in the case of any 12 bar blues it is 100% .

I find this especially odd considering most of the very wide range of my musical tastes are based in the blues.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/17 8:09 p.m.

I accidentally changed my PayPal password so I could accidentally buy something with PayPal but not through eBay (one touch purchase is a godsend but makes you forget passwords) and I should be getting something shipped to me by accident sometime at the end of the week.

Oops.

In tangentially related news, working on the world's cleanest '89 RX-7 at work. The confession: I really like the way rotaries sound when they don't have a header. I am taking the header off of my '81 and putting a stock box-manifold on because I want the car to be pleasant. I'm also putting a late model 6 port engine in and I'm leaving the exhaust port diffusers alone, because they are really good at cutting noise. A stock 13B is still way lots of power for a 2200lb car, and it'd be nice if that was enjoyable instead of exhausting.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/2/17 9:54 p.m.

I put some tiny back tires on my car to check ground clearance for a cruise in late in august. I think it looks hilarious but my wife disagrees.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/2/17 10:56 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

I used to say I hated the way a rotary sounds until I heard a nearly stock 12a car which actually made a pleasant noise.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/17 12:03 p.m.

Just coughed and as a result, completely involuntarily popped a loud fart in front of a couple ladies in the office. And it might sound like I faked a cough to try to cover up the fart. If I had any say in the matter I would've sneaked it out in private, I assure you.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/17 12:37 p.m.

Wow.

I ordered an intake manifold at about 2pm on the 2nd.

It was in my hands at 10am this morning.

Not bad for going from the state of Washington, to little ol' Cleveland...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/17 3:05 p.m.

Seeing others post about Flickr and imgur's terms of service made me realize I haven't read Photoberkit's terms of service.

EastCoastMojo
8/3/17 3:08 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Photoberkit Terms and conditions said: While the administrators of Photoberkit will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every post. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to this site express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of Photoberkit have the right to remove or edit any content at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster and administrator cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. This site uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The email address is used only for confirming your registration details and password. By clicking 'I agree' below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/17 3:16 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Well those seem pretty agreeable.

EastCoastMojo
8/3/17 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Agreed.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/3/17 4:06 p.m.

I don't want or need another project. Vut the first gen s10 bender in the hotlink thread is making me miss mine enough im struggling to resist.

1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GW6kRYkxROkI4MRwaAaRmnOzze1LPdSZmktcmUBtAf80G3fKU12Z1dTvXZuAErFB