1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 441
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/9/17 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

You should listen to Frank Zappa "Joe's Garage" Acts 1-3.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/9/17 12:38 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Are you trying to suggest that Knurled could possibly find himself in prison for destroying a government owned robot giving the right situation?

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
8/9/17 5:00 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Yeah, you just made me start singing "Dinah Moe Humm" at my desk. Got a few funny looks. Thanks for that.

AngryCorvair
8/9/17 5:04 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: In reply to AngryCorvair: Are you trying to suggest that Knurled could possibly find himself in prison for destroying a government owned robot giving the right situation?

I'm just saying he might learn from a cautionary tale of another guy who got comfortable with his junk out in front of a robot.

AngryCorvair
8/9/17 5:06 p.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacing:

For some reason, the forty dollar bill makes me LOL more than anything else in that song

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/9/17 6:21 p.m.

A few nights ago I had a really weird dream where it was snowing, and me and some kid were out sledding and having fun. I noticed that this robot was always following us. Looked like an old water heater with a camera mounted on the front. Kid and I were talking about things we liked, like the snow, and days off from school, kid E36 M3. Suddenly I turn to the kid and say, "You know what I don't like? ROBOTS THAT FOLLOW ME AROUND!!" Kid calmly hands me a rock. I felt so peaceful and empowered by this simple action. I woke up, but I know in my heart, there is a water heater somewhere with a few new dents in it.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/17 8:18 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Take it easy on the cheese before bed.

EastCoastMojo
8/9/17 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

I don't know, that was the best dream I've had in a while.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/17 10:57 a.m.

I drove a heavily modded LS1 Camaro and thought, wow, what a piece of E36 M3, this thing feels slower than my worn-out naturally aspirated RX-7.

To top it off, the front suspension was heavily deranged and the T56 needed a rebuild, or replacement, or it needed thrown away and replaced with an automatic or something because a succession of hamfisted FPOs left it with no useful synchronizers and apparently a bent shift hub so it wouldn't stay in 3rd gear unless you held your hand on the shifter.

Vehicle came in because it needed tuned because it stalled sometimes when turning the steering wheel but the current owner was otherwise happy with how well it drove. I drove it as-is while datalogging and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the "power". It had a complete Summit catalog thrown at the car under the hood, but its acceleration was downright pathetic.

It was at that point that I was thrilled that I decided to keep my car a rotary. Sure it might be only 260-270hp, but that is highly accelerative horsepower which makes all the difference in the world.

Knurled
8/12/17 11:04 a.m.

Part 2. I noted that the MAF transfer table was all out of whack thanks to the poorly engineered cold air intake setup (MAF is like 2 inches from the throttle body with no good transition from one to the other) so the first step was disabling MAF and tuning the speed-density side of the P01 computer.

HOLY %^&*.

The engine was running dead lean with the MAF enabled in most of the powerband except for the lowest 20% of airflow measurement. In speed density mode, however, it was running up to 40% rich in idle/low load (understandable with a huge cam) and, once the tune got roughed in, the engine accelerated too hard in 1st gear to get any useful logs and 2nd gear was too hard to datalog because it accelerated too hard to deal with traffic.

Now I'm back to thinking about how much extraneous iron I could mill/grind out of a 4.8's block...

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/12/17 12:24 p.m.

I wish I could unvote posts because on multiple occasions I've accidentally voted my own post because I post and then go to hit the forum button on my phone, then the page finishes loading and snaps down to my new post. When this happens vote button is where my finger lands. I've also hit the report button in a similar manner before. Maybe I just need to slow down a bit.

EastCoastMojo
8/12/17 12:54 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux: If you accidentally upvote or ! a post, you can click the opposite button to cancel. So if you upvoted, hit ! to cancel it out. For those wh may think that the ! button sends mods some lind of bat signal regarding spam, it does not. It is essentially a downvote button. If a post receives enough down votes and not enough up votes to cancel them out, the post is collapsed or hidden.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/12/17 12:58 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

That's what I usually do but sometimes it's a post I wanted to vote up and it got the !, so I can only bring it back to 0, so I just feel bad.

EastCoastMojo
8/12/17 1:00 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: In reply to EastCoastMojo: That's what I usually do but sometimes it's a post I wanted to vote up and it got the !, so I can only bring it back to 0, so I just feel bad.

In that case you can quote them and then add...

+1

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/13/17 3:03 p.m.

I 303'd my NB shoes for an interview tomorrow.

Talk about an Easy Button.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/13/17 5:10 p.m.

I skipped church to work on the challenge car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/13/17 5:26 p.m.

I've taught the cat to drink from a water bottle. Swmbo is not amused.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/17 8:26 p.m.

I usually laugh off Facebook conspiracy posts but today one about the Sandy Hook school shooting rubbed me wrong, bothered me all day, and I ended up commenting on it. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the angry responses when I wake up in the morning.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/16/17 8:59 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I skipped church to work on the challenge car.

I've been doing that since 1974.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/16/17 10:29 p.m.

Head is spinning trying to think of a good reason not to LS swap the GTA.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/17 8:50 p.m.

Today I entered a trivia contest at work just to beat a coworker by 1 spot in the standings.

Knurled
8/18/17 8:57 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: Head is spinning trying to think of a good reason not to LS swap the GTA.

It would take effort, and there's a sort of karmic irony in the small-block Chevy being out-bellybuttoned by a different engine?

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
8/20/17 11:16 a.m.
Wall-e wrote: I usually laugh off Facebook conspiracy posts but today one about the Sandy Hook school shooting rubbed me wrong, bothered me all day, and I ended up commenting on it. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the angry responses when I wake up in the morning.

I have done more praying next to/under my car than most other places. "Please God, make this fit..."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/17 9:02 p.m.

I'm kind or relived there will probably be cloud cover for the eclipse. I wanted to knock off work and blast down state, but I really should stick around and make some money. Because I don't have much.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/20/17 9:23 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Chadeux wrote: Head is spinning trying to think of a good reason not to LS swap the GTA.
It would take effort, and there's a sort of karmic irony in the small-block Chevy being out-bellybuttoned by a different engine?

I'm going to do an SBC to get it running because I have most of what I need. I feel like I'm really going to want to do an LS eventually though.

1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b4XlUlAHq2JjNO2pv7EIdFcI1HBUOrzDwHL4TJc272deGmmUs7kZpm1AKmfd4BKU