1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 441
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/18/17 7:03 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I've been home from China for a week, but my bowels are still jet-lagged.  I've been going to bed at normal time and sleeping like a rock until 3:30AM when I have to get up and take a E36 M3.  Now it's 4:42AM and there's no way I'm going to get back to sleep.  

It isn't as far away as China, but a two week trip to Scotland 25 years ago changed my life.  Not poo related, but I changed from watching the late late show to being unable to sleep in.  8 am is out of the question now.  

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/18/17 11:54 p.m.

im 30 and still dont like steak.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/17 7:20 a.m.
dropstep said:

im 30 and still dont like steak.

I'm 20 and I don't either. I'll take ground beef formed into a burger over steak any day. 

AWSX1686
11/20/17 7:24 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I went with my dad to look at a truck. The thought that the ugliest truck on a sketchy used car lot might have a bluetooth front driveshaft never occurred to me. I noticed this after we got home with the truck. Of course both people we talked to at the dealership said the 4wd worked.

Woah, wireless driveshafts! Does it at least have backwards compatibility to reinstall the non-wireless driveshaft at least?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/17 7:39 a.m.

I'm giving serious thought to creating my own fake news website to see what kind of bizarre stuff I can get people to believe. 

"Bigfoot nukes Wilmot, nd" "civil war submarine found in Loch Ness" just completely off the wall stuff.

I'm afraid people really would believe it. 

AWSX1686
11/20/17 8:24 a.m.
RevRico said:

I'm giving serious thought to creating my own fake news website to see what kind of bizarre stuff I can get people to believe. 

"Bigfoot nukes Wilmot, nd" "civil war submarine found in Loch Ness" just completely off the wall stuff.

I'm afraid people really would believe it. 

Make sure you get some spammy ads all over the website and that you have to click through 10 of them to read an entire "article" so that you can make your money off of it. That actually does seem like it could be a fun idea if you can come up with enough creatively bogus stuff. And maybe some satire too. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/20/17 9:46 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

It has everything else in place from what I can tell. Really bad axle seal leak on the front diff, but it doesn't look like anything catastrophic occurred. My best guess is the previous owner pulled it because the CV joint failed, it's on the ever growing list of the things this sketchy used car lot special truck needs.

Continued truck related confession. It took all day yesterday to change the oil, atf, and filters. Partially because I failed to notice that the screw that one of the filters in place was a torx and kept trying to figure out what size socket fit.

I get annoyed when I go to the mens' room at work to offload some coffee, and someone is using my favorite spot.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/20/17 5:07 p.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed :

"Favorite spot"?  Try working in a small office with a one-holer and a dude who likes to take 30 minutes to make sure the place is utterly destroyed for the next guy.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/17 7:57 p.m.

In regards to the pizza posts in the "1st world problems" thread:

I order square cut pizza sometimes. A few years ago, I ordered a pizza from Marcos (don't judge) and mistakenly ordered it square cut. It showed up pie cut and they offered a free large pizza as compensation.

Hmmm...

Over the course of a couple of months, it happened two more times, each coming with a free large pizza coupon.

Use your new found power responsibly cheeky

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/20/17 11:32 p.m.

I treat pizza like sex: even when its bad, its still pizza.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/21/17 12:18 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Go to St Louis and try imos and tell me that. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/21/17 12:19 a.m.
stanger_missle said:

I order square cut pizza sometimes. A few years ago, I ordered a pizza from Marcos (don't judge) and mistakenly ordered it square cut. It showed up pie cut and they offered a free large pizza as compensation.

Hmmm...

Over the course of a couple of months, it happened two more times, each coming with a free large pizza coupon.

Marcos is at least decent food, even if it's not great pizza. 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
11/21/17 7:32 a.m.
mtn said:
stanger_missle said:

Hmmm...

Marcos is at least decent food, even if it's not great pizza. 

I find Marco's pizza to be pretty good, but their wings are a goddamn disgrace, as is their service. Every time I go to Marco's to pick up my pizza, I'll see a bunch of finished pizzas on the shelf. Talk to the person at the counter (it's a different person that does this every time too) and they say my pizzas aren't done yet and to take a seat. Wait 15-20 minutes and another employee will come along and go "What are you waiting for ? What's the name again?" and then pull my pizzas off the shelf where they have been sitting completed and boxed the entire time I've been waiting. Literally every time.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/21/17 8:02 a.m.
mtn said:
Appleseed said:

YES! ...or is that just a reference to my longwinded story?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/21/17 8:46 a.m.

I willingly eat Little Caesar's. I know what I'm doing. I still stand by my statement. 

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/21/17 9:24 a.m.

I like Little Caesar's too.  I know what it is. I'm not ashamed.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
11/21/17 9:42 a.m.

I too enjoy Little Caesar's. See the thing is, if you go into it thinking "This is a slice of pizza" it's strictly average. But then do an attitude reset and go "This is a slice of $5 pizza" and it's phenomenal. And the Extra Most Bestest isn't just good Little Caesar's/cheap pizza, it's genuinely good pizza

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/21/17 10:02 a.m.

My friends 50 dollar omni was totalled in a hit and run and i was sad when the wrecker picked it up last night. The car was hilarious and reliable for under 300 bucks over a year.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/21/17 10:56 a.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Appleseed said:

YES! ...or is that just a reference to my longwinded story?

No, I just think Imo's is a disgrace to food. Little Caesar's is again, decent food when you consider the price. It tastes ok. It is cheap. It is fast. It has its place. Imo's has a special place in the depths of hell.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/21/17 10:58 a.m.
NickD said:

I too enjoy Little Caesar's. See the thing is, if you go into it thinking "This is a slice of pizza" it's strictly average. But then do an attitude reset and go "This is [one of 6] slice[s] of $5 pizza" and it's phenomenal. 

FTFY

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/21/17 3:18 p.m.

As much as I dislike this shopping/holiday season, I'm really looking forward to this years grm secret Santa. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/21/17 4:14 p.m.

I bought engine parts for an engine that i dont oen yet, and this im not sure will fit. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/17 10:13 a.m.
mtn said:
Appleseed said:

The pizza you want, you ain't gettin', and the pizza you gettin'... you don't want.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/24/17 4:09 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Agreed. At length. A page or two back in the “First World Problems” thread. 

1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dmW5P2u7sTIfqkFPs3pOEccYEJwv3PS1upMaJGRZT3mocjk0fkW4COgjauUUSvmC