1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/18 12:48 p.m.

New Year’s Day, 1:46pm. I have already cleaned my garage floor three times this year. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/1/18 8:25 p.m.

"Into The Blue" is worth watching for the Jessica Alba bikini scenes.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/2/18 12:29 p.m.

I had a dream last night that featured David S. Wallens and I attending a lecture on WWII-vintage airborne troop / equipment gliders.  With demonstration.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
1/2/18 1:25 p.m.
Duke said:

I had a dream last night that featured David S. Wallens and I attending a lecture on WWII-vintage airborne troop / equipment gliders.  With demonstration.

Next time you have that dream, the radio operator in the tow plane on the demonstration can be Clarence Dickson.  He was our neighbor on the farm when I grew up.

He flew on hundreds of missions into Europe, then headed down through India and that part of the world, and then got back after the war to crash in Texas...Everybody walked away, though.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/2/18 1:51 p.m.

I burned two pots full of tamales because I didn't refill the steamer water in time. I should have listened to Boyz II Men.  Second one was so bad my house smells like smoke in some places still, this is after boiling lemon, boiling cinnamon, leaving all windows open to air out, leaving vinegar out... such a waste.

I think I have determined that eating 2 Power Bar Protein Plus bars gives me gas for several hours. I suppose this could also go under minor wins. Situation dependent, of course.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/3/18 9:00 p.m.

Back around Christmas my daughter painted my toenails a dark green metallic.  I kinda like it cheeky

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/4/18 10:03 a.m.

I haven't taught my daughter how to play the blame game yet, let's just get that out of the way first. 

3 times this week alone "ok who stinks?" And she points to the dog or her friend who was here immediately, despite it obviously being her. 

Such a proud father. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/18 7:16 p.m.

I have a ridiculously fast testament to technology and excess.  I have a heavily modified RX-7, a tastefully restified RX-7, and an RX-3.  And a Quantum with a silly engine under the hood.  And a GTI that I keep forgetting that I own.

I kinda want a 2.5RS. 

(Fortunately, good ones are so *expensive*.  A decent 2.5RS is worth about what my entire fleet is worth)

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/18 10:45 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I have a ridiculously fast testament to technology and excess.  I have a heavily modified RX-7, a tastefully restified RX-7, and an RX-3.  And a Quantum with a silly engine under the hood.  And a GTI that I keep forgetting that I own.

I kinda want a 2.5RS. 

(Fortunately, good ones are so *expensive*.  A decent 2.5RS is worth about what my entire fleet is worth)

Sorry, all I read is RX-3.... surprisesurprisesurprise

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/5/18 12:30 p.m.
Knurled. said:

I kinda want a 2.5RS. 

You could just get rid of an RX7 and Quantum and have more space in the garage for cars that run...

Just let me know when you forget that you own the RX-3 so I can have some fun with it. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/18 9:26 p.m.

My 68 year old father just had me help him buy studded snow tires for his bicycle.  I can’t remember the last time I felt so uncomfortable buying something.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/18 10:00 a.m.

It's 10:00a.m. Central time. It's 18 degrees Fahrenheit and climbing. And I'm excited. 5 short days ago, I worked in weather that was 30 degrees colder.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/7/18 11:46 a.m.

I'm wondering if scope creep is still scope creep if you haven't even touched the car yet.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/18 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

You have a particularly engorged Medulla Badidea. This article will explain your condition further.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/7/18 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

In the past month my plan for the GTA I still haven't cleaned the previous owner's crap out of has gone from "fix the stock engine" to "put a vortec 350 in it" to "5.3 swap it because you'll do that eventually might as well just do it once" to "maybe I should go ahead and make sure the fuel system can handle boost while I'm in there..." 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
1/7/18 4:57 p.m.

At 26 degrees its warm enough to take my dog out with a hoody on instead of my coat. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/18 6:49 p.m.

I never ever thought I'd have to write the phrase "I'd tongue punch your fart maker" on a government report.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
1/10/18 7:18 p.m.
dropstep said:

At 26 degrees its warm enough to take my dog out with a hoody on instead of my coat. 

Your dog wears a hoody??

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/18 7:25 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Daylan C :

You have a particularly engorged Medulla Badidea. This article will explain your condition further.

My takeaway from that article is I need to find a rear ended maxima with a good motor and find out how many organs I can trade to Hawk for body panels to build a Stratos with. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/10/18 9:26 p.m.

Sometimes I can't tell if something is actually wrong with my car, or if my brain is trying to convince me to berkeley with E36 M3.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/10/18 10:17 p.m.

I had a sensible chuckle when I drove past the Flippin Church of Christ on the way home tonight.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/18 7:20 a.m.

I want to win the lottery so I can buy a cream colored '73 Olds Delta 88 (98?) just so I can get a license plate that says "GROOVY" and park it at cons just so I can see how many people get the reference.

This would have to be a "more money than sense" thing since I have zero reasons to own an early 70s large chassis GM.  Other than having watched Evil Dead 2 too many times.

Arguably, if I had two pennies to rub together, I'd already have more money than sense.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/16/18 10:38 a.m.

I just spent more money on a supercharger kit for my Miata than I spent on the actual Miata. And I didn't buy one of those $500 Miatas that you guys find all the time. But the fact that it (with the new engine) will boost power at the rear tires by 166% will make it worth it. At least for the short time until I die. 240rwhp in a Miata? I'm out of my mind.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/16/18 10:44 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

You won't die, except maybe from laughing so much.  You'll love it.

1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uvpckvpxtyTQ9gvcDYKgfitDaHhmmshmeWzO9jyfEK6AaCoA9SEkB97NEwDHKKMH