1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 441
Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/6/18 8:03 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I don't mind the MkIV, but I'm not looking forward to being plagued by gushing hype and inescapable pictures of the new car.  Toyota's recent styling doesn't just leave me cold, it physically repels me.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/6/18 10:17 a.m.

Last night I was driving on the local beltway.  Three lanes of traffic all going one way and no stoplights so we're all moving along.  Except dude in a black Suburban who is rolling 50 mph in the fast lane as car stream round him on the right.  I like to do things correctly (not pass on the right) so when I get up behind him I give him the polite double tap of the high beams to indicate "move over".  Give it 30 seconds (no traffic on the right so he's clear to move over), give him another few flashes.   Wait.  Still nothing.  Now I'm annoyed and give continuous high beam flashing and start punctuating them with the horn.  A mile of that and nothing.  

Now I look like the road ragey shiny happy person so I just pass him on the right.  Sigh.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/6/18 3:25 p.m.

On Saturday I offered to sell my Miata and all the parts to a kid for $2k. I gave him three days. I found $1k in parts. Today he told me he was short on the money. I'm glad as hell I don't have to sell it. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/18 3:29 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Im more interested in working ON my shop than IN my shop at the moment. 

Same.  Until it’s clean I don’t want to work in it, just on it

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/6/18 3:35 p.m.

Im debating rewiring the walls. Adding a bunch of outlets and a switch for my air compressor.  Ive been plugging it in via extension cord for years. But its too cluttered to get to the walls. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
3/6/18 3:46 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Be Careful!

I started cleaning my garage last July and I'm still not done.

12 new outlets, 8 new lights, rewired the compressor, studded, insulated and OSB'd the concrete block walls, roughed in a sink, built a new bench and ~30' of cabinets and I'm still not done!

I just wanted to do a brake job on my truck and it's still not done. (Warped rotors, pads are fine)

It can get out of hand.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/6/18 4:00 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

What started out was to change a fixture with a bad ballast. 12 new fixtures all converted to LED my hose reel in my extension cord reel are all mounted. I'm looking at my VCT Tile floor that got ruined in the last challenge car build and debating whether I want to do it now or in the middle of summer. I've also got enough plywood to build another 18 foot worth of cabinets when the new driver beaters done

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
3/6/18 4:16 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Sounds like I'm preaching to the choir! laugh

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/7/18 8:09 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Be Careful!

I started cleaning my garage last July and I'm still not done.

My wife keeps asking me what we're going to do with ourselves when we're retired.  I tell her that for the first year I'm going to clean the garage, and the second year I'm going to clean the basement.

I'm only partly kidding.

BlueInGreen44 - Jon
BlueInGreen44 - Jon SuperDork
3/10/18 11:57 a.m.

For the first time in many years I don’t own a car with a manual transmission or a car with any “project” plans. I don’t feel like I miss either of those things right now.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/12/18 10:46 a.m.

I was downtown driving by the honorable Richard J Daley plaza. I wanted to drive through the plate glass windows Blues Brothers style. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/18 11:01 a.m.

If there is a problem, yo, I'll solve it.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
3/12/18 2:54 p.m.
NickD said:

I think the new Toyota Supra is berkeleying hideous. I also think that the MkIV Supras styling is overrated. Its just a fat, blobby jellybean.

When Toyota didn't reveal a production ready car again all I could think was "Did they forget what happened with the FR-S already?"

Someone needs to take their marketing people to task because this latest reveal smashed solidly into the area where I stopped giving a berkeley this time around. There is a point where you can't live up to the hype and Toyota obviously doesn't know where it is.

jmabarone
jmabarone New Reader
3/12/18 3:17 p.m.

Nobody else showed up for work today due to snow, so I haven't done much of anything.  I mean, I have done some work, but there's only so much I can do solo.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
3/12/18 6:12 p.m.

I just realized one of my cars has been sitting for close to a year because of a shifter cable that popped loose. I should probably fix that.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/18 6:35 p.m.

I much prefer Guibo couplers to U joints or CV joints.  They absorb harmonics and make life good.

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/13/18 7:40 a.m.

I’ve been putting off changing the timing belt on my urs6 because I’m scared of messing it up and destroying the head. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/18 6:26 p.m.

I'm growing very tired and wary from this fight

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/18 8:02 a.m.

New things coming in the next days and and weeks, which is exciting, and I think will be a good thing. The confession is that I'm definitely going to miss some people. Not that I will never see them again, but distance definitely makes some relationships fade. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/15/18 7:04 a.m.

I keep a specific browser window open on my phone so I can log all the random bizarre things I look up.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/18 7:15 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

I'm glad you're still fighting!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/15/18 7:17 a.m.

I actually looked for subscription information in "arthritis today" at the doctors office. Just to see if i could get one.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/18 7:29 a.m.

I don’t look on Craigslist anymore because I know if i do i’ll likely buy 3 cars this week 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/18 1:11 p.m.

I'm tempted to get a Miata so I can start a build thread.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/17/18 9:33 a.m.

I really miss being able to enjoy a glass a bourbon.

1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qC93XiDOi0uLXQaqyH6a8TPbBWcGkUtXgLg9nuVmvzljtNcxuDhO0r6A4t6SL4ju