1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 441
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/19/18 6:05 p.m.
Stampie said:

On Saturday I offered to sell my Miata and all the parts to a kid for $2k. I gave him three days. I found $1k in parts. Today he told me he was short on the money. I'm glad as hell I don't have to sell it. 

I'm really glad now. This is what he bought instead.  Don't think I'd ever forgive myself if he's done this to my Miata. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/18 6:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The spectre of things to come.   

Stampie
3/19/18 7:25 p.m.
Dirtydog said:

In reply to Stampie :

The spectre of things to come.   

The bad thing is he owned it two days before a bolt fell out of the "custom" suspension control arm.  He really got lucky that he only needs a new bolt and axle.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/22/18 2:38 a.m.

I'm watching The Fast and The Furious.

voluntarily 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/18 9:11 p.m.

Confession:  I accidentally posted something here instead of the Minor Win thread.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/18 9:17 p.m.

Another confession:  I kinda want a GC chassis Impreza so I can swap in an early STi engine, which is apparently not terribly expensive.

Spait1946
Spait1946 New Reader
3/26/18 4:03 a.m.

These little secrets were too crazy! laugh As I'm laughing my arse off upon reading them. 
I like to eat cold spaghetti, literally straight out from the fridge. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/29/18 1:45 p.m.

Either we need a Major Rants thread to go with our Minor Rants version, or I can't post there anymore until my life gets significantly worse.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
3/29/18 6:49 p.m.

I just thought we needed a "random worthless thought that doesn't fit under rants, confessions or first world problems"

I realized I'm pretty sure we did have one of those at one point. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/29/18 7:13 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

It was the ignore thread. Which i ignored so long irs disappeared. 

Stampie
3/29/18 8:20 p.m.

In the last 24 hours I've taken on a new Challenge project, brought home the engine donor for a second Challenge project, then promptly traded that second Challenge project for another Challenge project.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/29/18 8:38 p.m.
Stampie said:

In the last 24 hours I've taken on a new Challenge project, brought home the engine donor for a second Challenge project, then promptly traded that second Challenge project for another Challenge project.  

Minor confession: im jealous of stampie for more than just his hair. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/30/18 8:34 a.m.
Stampie said:

No more pinto?? If so, I confess that I am sad. 

Stampie
3/30/18 10:41 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

It's going to a good home and it's probably better off not being hacked up by me. 

AWSX1686
3/30/18 10:53 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Well then, I confess I am curious as to what the new build is....

Stampie
3/30/18 11:23 a.m.
AWSX1686
3/30/18 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Nice. 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
3/30/18 2:10 p.m.

I firmly believe that everyone, on some level, enjoys Hall & Oates

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/1/18 6:13 p.m.

I threw an old lounge chair out of the garage amd moved some engines around. Somehow it feels like progress until I look at the space I want my car to occupy and see how much crap is still there.

BlueInGreen44 - Jon
BlueInGreen44 - Jon SuperDork
4/1/18 7:49 p.m.

Trying to convince my brother to enter his Saturn wagon in the challenge this year. I could just come down and hang out myself without a car but I want to see how slow his car is down the drag strip.

(In fairness it would probably redeem itself in the autox)

Stampie
4/1/18 8:46 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44 - Jon :

I want to see that also. I swear a turbo Saturn wagon would kick ass in the wagon class.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/2/18 5:52 p.m.

Guy I ran into at work expressed interest in buying out my stash of leftover trans am interior bits. This made me go through my stash of leftover trans am interior bits. Why do I have this many leftover trans am interior bits? Also why do i have this passenger side window...and how did it survive being stored under a seat on concrete?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/2/18 9:09 p.m.
Hungary Bill said:

I'm watching The Fast and The Furious.

voluntarily 

I watched “Rudy” again last night and choked up a little when his dad made the announcement over the loudspeaker at the steel mill that his son had been accepted to Notre Dame.  

Stampie
4/2/18 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I cry watching sad movies. Not like girl movies but sad real man movies like Saving Private Ryan.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/2/18 9:25 p.m.

I almost cried watching an episode of Hell on Wheels.

1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
srorWh2DWTxd9f2A4rd87pdwOUi6EvPDZDVseAhfnk7f8Fk08CHn3pNgasx3da62