1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 441
NickD
NickD UltraDork
4/3/18 7:36 a.m.

After installing wrapping up major installation of the supercharger kit last night and looking at it, I felt like I needed a sitdown and a cigarette.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/8/18 6:30 a.m.

Ever since I got my first 3rd gen Firebird, I've wanted to get a ratty one, lift it slightly and put all terrains on it.

Just so I could justify putting the Group 4 Stratos rally light arrangement on the front of it. Sort of upset that I got rid of my first one now because it was perfect for this.

EDIT: basically I really like the concept of the Luft auto safari 911s. But those are a lot of money now.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/9/18 10:48 a.m.

I saw Lewis black live last night, for the first time. I left disappointed. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/18 11:46 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

The wife and I felt the same way the last time we saw him.  I'm not sure if it's him getting older or that the news is already crazy enough that it's harder to make it sound absurd.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/9/18 12:13 p.m.
RevRico said:

I saw Lewis Black live last night, for the first time. I left disappointed. 

I never particularly thought Lewis Black was funny.  He desperately wants to be some cross between George Carlin and Lenny Bruce, but he doesn't realize he's barely half as smart as either of them.

Speaking of disappointing comics, we saw H. Jon Benjamin a while ago, at my daughters' college.  He voices Sterling Archer and Bob Belcher, quite hilariously...

...but voicing them is apparently all he does, because his material was terrible.  I've never sat through something as boring, uncomfortable, and pointlessly crude in my life.  I'm not offended by language at all, if the content is there.  But this was just stupid and brutally unfunny from start to finish.

RevRico
4/9/18 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

That's just it. He read the damn news. Trump joke, Trump joke, your town sucks, then read the news. 

I was excited when I saw him come out with a folder, because when I was blessed to see Carlin before he died, he came out with a script in hand trying out material for Life is Worth Losing. I thought it would be similar to that, not full of random headlines. 

I think his age has something to do with it, but honestly I'm tired of Trump jokes. It's not my political leanings or anything like that, I think we're just over saturated with them. It's almost a cop out, like "I could sit around, make witty observations and tell funny stories OR hey ugly hair, tiny hands, funny voice"

I really liked him in the past, but I think he's almost fallen into his character, like he typecasted himself, and it's just not that funny anymore. 

I miss Bill Hicks. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/18 9:44 p.m.

Lately I’ve been thinking that I could do some cool stuff with a Crosley chassis. 

And I never thought that Lewis Black was funny. 

RevRico
4/10/18 3:22 p.m.

I do find it funny that George Orwells Animal Farm is on the "recommended kids and family" section in prime video. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/10/18 6:23 p.m.

I found Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in the teen/ youth section of the local library. Uh...no.  Just, no. Did anyone read this book?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/18 6:03 p.m.

After finding a single acorn inside the frunk of the Porsche today, I may have channeled  Robert De Niro / Al Capone as I placed mousetraps around the garage.

Wally
4/11/18 7:56 p.m.
RevRico said:

I really liked him in the past, but I think he's almost fallen into his character, like he typecasted himself, and it's just not that funny anymore. 

I miss Bill Hicks. 

The first time we saw him about 20 years ago and he was great but he does seem to be playing a character now.  

wae
wae SuperDork
4/12/18 2:47 p.m.

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread called "major heresy", but here goes:

Today is the first actual nice day all year and I just drove around in the Miata with the top down.  Twisties, city streets, and highway.

I think I like it more than a motorcycle.  I don't have to get all geared up, no helmet required, if it rains or gets cold it's not a big deal, when I get the A/C fixed hot weather won't be a problem, and I don't have quite as much to worry about with all the morons looking at their phones instead of the road.  I also think it gets better gas mileage than the Oldwing or the Nighthawk.  26-year-old me is calling 42-year-old me a giant Bob Costas, but I honestly think I just want to sell the bikes and be done.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/12/18 3:03 p.m.

Wae: I felt the same way.  I sold the bikes as I wasn’t using them as it was a PITA to gear up and then that wasn’t what I wanted to wear at my destination, it was hard to bring stuff with me, etc.  I get more enjoyment out of my then Miata and now NSX with the tops open, can drive in flip flops and shorts, and can bring things with me and can deal with rain.   

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/18 3:07 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I found Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in the teen/ youth section of the local library. Uh...no.  Just, no. Did anyone read this book?

That's because nobody can stand to read it once they're no longer a teenager.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/18 3:08 p.m.
Wally said:
RevRico said:

I miss Bill Hicks. 

The first time we saw him about 20 years ago and he was great but he does seem to be playing a character now.  

...so you saw him 4 years after he died?  No wonder his bits weren't very funny.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
4/12/18 3:24 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Similar sentiment here. Not only have I come to the realization that I prefer a top down car or even a moderately sized sun roof over a motorcycle, but I think I'm actually OK to admit to myself that I don't really miss riding all that much... 

History: I used to be an aspiring rock star. Picked up a guitar at 12 and 18 years later I have never stopped. I"ve always had a strong connection to music, a bit of talent, and even got really lucky and found a few guys that are talented and motivated and we have all become close friends. Played shows all over UT and NV, for a while we were doing 4-5 gigs a month all in different cities, good times. A couple years ago they decided that they wanted to move across country to chase the dream for real and I didn't decide to go. NBD, still friends, all is good. 

My confession: I just sold the last of my music equipment, aside from one acoustic guitar and I don't regret it. I don't miss it. Even if I were still single and didn't have offspring I don't think I would get back into it. If 15 year old me knew I think he'd have shot himself before "quitting" could ever become a reality. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/18 3:36 p.m.

To get rewards club discounts without giving away my info I just try friend's phone numbers until one of them is accepted. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/18 3:40 p.m.
Stampie said:

To get rewards club discounts without giving away my info I just try friend's phone numbers until one of them is accepted. 

My confession:  I just don't give that much of a berk about giving away my home address and phone number.  I never answer that phone anyway, and I recycle 3/4 of my mail as soon as it comes in the door.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/12/18 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

When signing up I use a fake name and a phone number we had disconnected years ago. 

Wally
4/12/18 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I never had the chance to see Bill Hicks unfortunately. 

Someone at work suggested I watch  The last OG with Tracy Morgan. I just finished the first episode and laughed much harder than I probably should have.  

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
4/20/18 8:55 a.m.

I walked to the kitchen three times, to get my coffee. Each time I was distracted by something and returned without my coffee. I just went again. Yup still no coffee.

I sent my daughter a text asking her to bring me a cup of coffee.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/18 9:01 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

earlier this week I went to warm up a blueberry muffin in the oven on residual heat from warming others up earlier.  8 hours later sleepywife opened the oven to make dinner, an inquired about the "bun I'd left in the oven"  surprise

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/18 8:28 p.m.

I'm finally getting around to editing/uploading some drag racing footage from almost 5 months ago.

Dragway 42 holds a bracket race every January 1st.  The dialin used to be 15 seconds, this year it was 20.18 seconds.   It is amazingly difficult to drive to a 20.18 dialin with a 13 second car, on ice.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/30/18 3:30 p.m.

Once again I attempted to push my luck. This  time with a dying transmission. It ended exactly like I thought it might. Violent noises were heard and forward motion ceased. Then I cooked my brakes and boiled the grease in my front wheel bearings getting flat towed home. So I get to fix even more stuff now.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/1/18 9:02 a.m.

Im seriously debating if i should call out today, or just "work from the office ".

Purely so i dont have to put on pants.

1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SKKsIO7d58j0mBujJkfa1EZ5E4DqdTDFFkWEi7MtXzDqlhEJR3ZUnKj7cxAWI0XM