1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/18 7:22 p.m.

This morning, I saw Spiderman walking alone down a long empty stretch of South Avenue in New Canaan, Connecticut.

His presence did not make me feel safer.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/17/18 8:35 p.m.

I'm still amazed when I'm researching something and Google finds a thread from here on that exact subject.  I shouldn't be. 

Woody
6/18/18 12:36 p.m.

I think that most bands are just a different version of some other band that has either come before or after them. 

Except for ZZ Top. There has never been another band that is even remotely similar to ZZ Top. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/20/18 8:26 p.m.

Things are incredibly berkeleyed up around here. The stress is almost too much. If it wasn't for the girlfriend, I'd pull what little I have out of the bank, burn this house to the ground,  set off on the motorcycle and ride till I run out of gas.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/20/18 9:48 p.m.

I may have strongly influenced the kids decision to go with solid white on the bedroom repaints. I already know I'm going to have to paint the room again when they all leave (because they're disgusting little beasts) and I'd rather not have to paint over bright colors again. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/20/18 10:01 p.m.

If i didn't have to pay the mortgage and have health insurance, i wouldn't show up at work.

Id be selling auto parts or building furniture or something. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/18 10:32 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Things are incredibly berkeleyed up around here. The stress is almost too much. If it wasn't for the girlfriend, I'd pull what little I have out of the bank, burn this house to the ground,  set off on the motorcycle and ride till I run out of gas.

Don't tell the wife!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/20/18 11:20 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Ha! I needed a laugh right now. Thanks.yes

Woody
6/21/18 6:51 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I may have strongly influenced the kids decision to go with solid white on the bedroom repaints. I already know I'm going to have to paint the room again when they all leave (because they're disgusting little beasts) and I'd rather not have to paint over bright colors again. 

When I built my house, I convinced the family that the walls would have some stress cracks after the first year and would need a full repaint anyway, so before I installed the cabinets, carpets or fixtures, I bought a commercial spray gun and painted the whole house, walls and ceilings, white. I primed and painted (one coat of primer and two coats of paint) the entire 3000 square foot house in two days. I was putting on 5 gallons of paint per hour and pumping it straight out of the bucket.

That was 17 years ago and most of the house is still white.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
6/21/18 6:58 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

When my son was just learning to walk a well intentioned relative bought him a radio flyer wheelbarrow.  Turns out that is a very effective tool for said child to draw a red line through the house exactly 14” off the floor.

White walls made repainting to sell much easier.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/18 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'll be here all week.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/18 7:50 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

If i didn't have to pay the mortgage and have health insurance, i wouldn't show up at work.

If it wasn't for health insurance alone I'd be a lot more likely to go start my own business. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/21/18 7:57 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
Dusterbd13 said:

If it wasn't for health insurance alone I'd be a lot more likely to go start my own business. 

If it wasn't for health insurance, I'd be considering retirement.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/21/18 7:58 a.m.

I loathe everything and everyone connected to that incredibly annoying and stupid This Is My Fight Song song.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/21/18 8:36 a.m.
Woody said:

When I built my house, I convinced the family that the walls would have some stress cracks after the first year and would need a full repaint anyway, so before I installed the cabinets, carpets or fixtures, I bought a commercial spray gun and painted the whole house, walls and ceilings, white. I primed and painted (one coat of primer and two coats of paint) the entire 3000 square foot house in two days. I was putting on 5 gallons of paint per hour and pumping it straight out of the bucket.

I loooove airless sprayers. I got one that was all clogged up and refurbished it myself a decade or so ago, and while I don't use it a lot, I'm really happy to have it when it does get used!!

SaltyDog said:

If it wasn't for health insurance, I'd be considering retirement.

Health insurance is just so freakin' expensive nowadays. My wife and I make too much to qualify for any subsidies so we pay an absolutely enormous amount of money for insurance. Being self employed, I could get a group plan for my company but it's even more expensive. Now, I'm certainly not complaining about making money, but at this point my health insurance costs are almost as high as my housing costs.

Saron81
Saron81 New Reader
6/21/18 10:05 a.m.

I’m in the same boat with insurance costs. On the rare occasion that we get 3 paychecks a month (bi-weekly) my insurance is more than my mortgage is. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/18 11:31 a.m.

Health insurance was the main reason I stayed in the National Guard and retired.  Once I turn 60 my wife and I will not have to worry about Health insurance for the rest of our lives, its a nice feeling.

AWSX1686
6/22/18 8:06 a.m.

I have never driven a miata with a roll bar. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/22/18 8:38 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

You should buy mine. 

AWSX1686
6/22/18 8:45 a.m.
mtn said:
AWSX1686 said:

You should buy mine. 

Roll bar, or miata with roll bar? I'm in the market...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/22/18 9:13 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
mtn said:
AWSX1686 said:

You should buy mine. 

Miata with roll bar. Still need to take pictures. 

AWSX1686
6/22/18 10:09 a.m.
mtn said:
AWSX1686 said:
mtn said:
AWSX1686 said:

You should buy mine. 

Miata with roll bar. Still need to take pictures. 

Ahh, yes I did see that one. Slightly more than I'd want to pay at the moment, and I need to sell the ZHP first. But then I have my eye on a certain blue NB... If things fall through with that one once I have cash I may be in contact. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/22/18 1:02 p.m.

I'll be honest, unless you really, seriously, definitely are going to track it at least 3 times a season... I don't like the roll bar. It makes it just that much harder to put the top up and down. Since I don't track my cars, at least not yet, it is just in the way for me. Also makes it harder to load a hockey stick into the car.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/18 5:20 p.m.

I find myself shouting at the birds living under the eves of my garage a lot lately. The constant "cheep..cheep......cheep...cheep" at slightly irregular 1-2 second intervals is supremely annoying, but this is beginning to make me feel like a crazy old man.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/22/18 6:28 p.m.
Woody said:

This morning, I saw Spiderman walking alone down a long empty stretch of South Avenue in New Canaan, Connecticut.

His presence did not make me feel safer.

this post keeps coming up at the top of the page. 

I keep thinking about the other side of the story. I see it starting something like "So I was at the bar last night and next thing I know I  wake up on the other side of town wearing this Spiderman outfit..."

1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bzYuwWWorkXFo5XTAWFc9iztI2NveFh83qW0NmQw2RiFt1KCM0f5kN1tuvijewfO