1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 441
barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
10/16/18 1:03 p.m.

I have access to a cheap subaru brat. Cheap, cheap. It has no glass, motor is shot, rust is a thing, and probably 20 years since it has moved at all under any power. I should say no. I know better. It is a bad idea. But challenge.... I have a problem.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 1:24 p.m.

i hate reading post-challenge "how to make the challenge better" threads.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/16/18 1:29 p.m.
barefootskater said:

I have access to a cheap subaru brat. Cheap, cheap. It has no glass, motor is shot, rust is a thing, and probably 20 years since it has moved at all under any power. I should say no. I know better. It is a bad idea. But challenge.... I have a problem.

I'm pretty sure the only problem is that you're not already working on it  laugh

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
10/16/18 1:56 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

0.jpeg

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/16/18 5:13 p.m.

A buddy and I took the "sweep everything off the counter into the top drawer" approach to cleaning the garage today. There's enough room for my car in there now. Now to put it in there...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/18 6:40 p.m.

The bad thoughts have returned.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/16/18 6:43 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

One day at a time, friend. I am here if you need to talk, shoot me a PM. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/18 7:26 p.m.

Thanks. PMs don't work, because of Yahoo,  but no worries, saying stuff like that is catharsis. As soon as it's off my chest and out there I start feeling better. This crap happens every fall. I'm surprised it took this long to show up. I'll live.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
10/18/18 10:06 a.m.

Two days ago I got rid of my last electric guitar. It was what I had always wanted when I was younger, a 1996 Gibson LP Studio with EMGs. It was my last after I thinned the heard, the one I'd never let go. I don't think I'd had it out of its case in 6 months, and I don't own an amp anyway. I gave it away, literally, to a good home. I feel like I should be more upset than I am.

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/18/18 10:12 a.m.

I firmly believe that everyone on this planet, on some level, enjoys Hall & Oates

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/18 2:21 p.m.

Every once in a while I'll get stuck behind a car that stinks of burning oil, a slipping clutch, leaking coolant or overheated drum brakes, and it makes me nostalgic for the days when I drove much crappier vehicles.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/18 3:10 p.m.
Woody said:

Every once in a while I'll get stuck behind a car that stinks of burning oil, a slipping clutch, leaking coolant or overheated drum brakes, and it makes me nostalgic for the days when I drove much crappier vehicles.

You should have said something, I would have been happy to let you drive her down memory lane.

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/18/18 3:42 p.m.
Woody said:

Had a recent conversation with a co-worker: 

Him: I cannot seem to figure out where the oil leak on my Subaru is coming from. But I smell burning oil and its driving me nuts.

Me: Yeah, my Subaru has an oil leak but I know where it's coming from.

Him: Where?

Me: Oh, everywhere. Valve covers, head gaskets, oil pan. I'm not going to fix it. But I do know where it is.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/18/18 3:45 p.m.
NickD said:

I firmly believe that everyone on this planet, on some level, enjoys Hall & Oates

Of course. But I more enjoy Garfunkel & Oates.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/18/18 4:43 p.m.

My ranger is really slow but the exhaust is obnoxiously loud above 3k and I enjoy revving it at random times. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/19/18 12:32 a.m.

Sometimes, I feel like being an adult is faking it until something works and then trying not to act completely surprised by it not turning out to be a colossal disaster.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/19/18 1:02 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

As a young adult, this post makes me feel slightly better about myself.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/18 3:23 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I’ll never think of go-carts the same way again thanks to them. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/19/18 8:44 a.m.

The company car has an intermittently slipping transmission. I have reported it multiple times and even had it looked at a few and nobody's willing to pay to have it fixed. They all claimed there's not a problem. The confession is that I have stopped caring and I'm waiting to see how many pieces it spits out when it finally let's go. It'll slip and then catch like I neutral dropped it

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/19/18 9:29 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

The company car has an intermittently slipping transmission. I have reported it multiple times and even had it looked at a few and nobody's willing to pay to have it fixed. They all claimed there's not a problem. The confession is that I have stopped caring and I'm waiting to see how many pieces it spits out when it finally let's go. It'll slip and then catch like I neutral dropped it

They should at least change the fluid. Your way is more fun though.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/19/18 9:48 a.m.
mtn said:
Dusterbd13 said:

They should at least change the fluid. Your way is more fun though.

Last time I had the oil changed I finally convinced him to change trans fluid. Only make the problem worse

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/18 7:40 p.m.

I’m over 50 years old and I’ve bought something I can’t characterize as anything but a toy. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/20/18 8:11 p.m.

It’s 35dgF and the winds died down in Central Illinois right now.  I’m watching marching bands compete and I could easily just go home.  Wifey not leaving until we see our daughter again.  

Basically Lincoln Way kicks out butt.  I can tell you the results.  Badminton never ended at 11:00pm 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/20/18 8:18 p.m.

Ended up watching Christine again. Would be nice if some of my cars learned from that Plymouth. Minus the whole killing spree bit of course.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
10/20/18 9:08 p.m.

I made arrangements to go look at a Cimbria project today that never got finished. I was actually glad the craigslist seller sold it before I left to go look at it because I probably would have brought it home and certainly don't need another car project.

1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iuCQyLrudyxZ0ElQXA46cl53ZLN49SVtyEpSRWH8Jcu5d1J8y5MfZhqv69T0Q9mq