1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 441
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/18 4:01 p.m.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/18 6:14 p.m.

I think that my nephew is perfectly suited to Army life, and I think that the Army is fortunate to have him. I'm sure that he is an outstanding soldier.

He is not, however, very well suited to living in my house for a week while he is on leave.

Nevertheless, I am proud of him and I am grateful for his service.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
11/10/18 10:42 p.m.

pussied out and switched the heat on. frown

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/11/18 6:11 a.m.

Forgot about the stock car banquet until I saw some pictures posted this morning.  I guess I wasn't enthused about going enough to actually remember.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/11/18 7:41 p.m.

Truck night in America makes my inner redneck happy

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/13/18 4:09 p.m.

I zigged when I should have zagged and now I think the front right wheel on the Mustang is bent. Pretty upset with myself.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/18 5:25 p.m.

I've been afraid to update my Windows computer for the last couple of months because Microsoft is screwing up the updates so badly.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
11/14/18 5:50 p.m.

I'm a bit of a practical joker. Nothing too crazy and I make sure to spread the load evenly between my co-workers.

One guy, Workmate B, has been out on vacation all week. He pointedly asked me to "not mess with any of his stuff" while he was gone (back tomorrow). During his hiatus I have had to clean up a couple messes he left last week and spent the whole time thinking "Dude, WTF goes on in your head?" Anyway, I haven't touched any of his stuff. But I may have been frustrated to the point of getting my manager, IT guy, and one of the guys from my shipping department involved in making him think he is getting replaced. Not directly saying it, but we put a fully functional computer in the empty stall next to B's, hooked it up to our network, got temporary licenses on the needed software, and got the warehouse guy a new uniform.

Apparent promotion for longtime ambitious warehouse grunt, an encroachment into B's perceived "personal workspace" containing a few hundred dollars in new hardware, and a scathing chastisement from boss-man for leaving messes that boss "made" me clean up. Just upset I'll be out of town for training tomorrow and I'll miss the fun.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/14/18 6:30 p.m.

After buying the green tires for my klunker bicycle build I want to buy colored tires for all my bikes.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/18 3:21 a.m.

I kind of want to create another GRM profile and just flounder the hell out of all the threads I generally try to stay out of.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
11/19/18 8:50 a.m.

I tried to fix a freebie Harbor Freight multimeter.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/19/18 8:54 a.m.
Hungary Bill said:

I kind of want to create another GRM profile and just flounder the hell out of all the threads I generally try to stay out of.

You wouldn't be the first.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/19/18 8:55 a.m.

In reply to slantvaliant :

Was another freebie Harbor Freight multimeter involved in the process?

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/19/18 9:43 a.m.

I just looked and saw that used Sonic LTZ hatchbacks with a 1.4T and a manual transmission go for around $6k and are plentiful. And apparently Trifecta's $300 tune gets you to FiST performance numbers. Uh-oh.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/19/18 12:11 p.m.

After work tonight I'm going too look at another antique bike I don't really need, and plan to bastardized too a point 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/19/18 1:28 p.m.

I have not been earning my pay today or Friday. Probably won't tomorrow either.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/19/18 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Ironically today and the next two days (had planned to be out on Wednesday, but will likely need to be in that day to finish what I'm working before the end-of-the-week deadline) I'll likely earn my pay far more consistently than most days.

Also... my family will be flying in tomorrow afternoon for the holiday. They will almost certainly want to go to church on Wednesday, which isn't possible for me when I have to work since they moved the service up so it because almost all of the congregation are senior citizens... so even if I could finish up early Wednesday I most likely won't try to.

I'll still have to go to the Thanksgiving service (and the Dancer will likely be obligated to tag along)... but at least that has the potential to be amusing- the last time my family was here & she went someone gave a testimony that was almost more of a plug for a used appliance store...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/18 12:30 p.m.

I bought corn dogs and a microwave burrito at a truck stop yesterday.  Squeezed a bunch of mustard into the little cardboard corn dog tray, more than could be used for two corn dogs (apparently this is possible).  Absentmindedly mopped up the rest of the mustard with the burrito.

Mustard on burritos is awesome.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/25/18 1:00 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Uh, I wonder what our in-house Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado has to say about that? cheeky

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/18 7:00 p.m.

Last week me and a hot dog vendor made fun of SWMBO'S "sad" plain hot dog. We then agreed that degenerates put ketchup on hotdogs. Hot dog man then said you should see our faces when they ask for mayonnaise. 

Mayonnaise.

On hot dogs. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/25/18 7:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Last week me and a hot dog vendor made fun of SWMBO'S "sad" plain hot dog. We then agreed that degenerates put ketchup on hotdogs. Hot dog man then said you should see our faces when they ask for mayonnaise. 

Mayonnaise.

On hot dogs. 

It helps cover up the taste of lips and shiny happy people.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/27/18 7:22 a.m.

I like driving my truck way more than the bmw. Onlything its lacking vs the bmw is heated seats and autodim mirrors, both of which i can add. And the fuel economy difference is 15-18 in the truck vs 22-25 in the bmw. That i can't easily fix.

Gonna sell the bmw. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/18 9:01 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I like driving my truck way more than the bmw. Onlything its lacking vs the bmw is heated seats and autodim mirrors, both of which i can add. And the fuel economy difference is 15-18 in the truck vs 22-25 in the bmw. That i can't easily fix.

Gonna sell the bmw. 

Sounds like a good plan. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/27/18 4:39 p.m.

I am having way too much fun abusing the high school work placement student about tire stretch, 18 inch wheels on Volvos, straight pipes and so on.  I've taken the view that anything done to a car that makes it drive worse, just for appearance sake, is stupid. 

His head is about to explode.devil

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/18 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

My Volvo has 18s sad

1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NyELdqwwBf6KuLhIaVNKNHM2QfcYiAnuk8CDFmoVolYs5neTdHEEimZtDUoiWM24