1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 441
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I was about to say how'd you quit your job twice in a week? 

Although, if it was as E36 M3ty as my old Sam's Club job, I would quit that turd 5 times a week for eternity. Everyone should have the joy of quitting Wal-Mart at least once in their lives.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/16/18 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Can confirm. It's pretty good. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/16/18 4:39 p.m.
dropstep said:
Duke said:

I know it’s the Pogues. I was hoping he wasn’t confusing the Dropkick Murphys (who kind of suck) with the Pogues (who don’t). 

Nope I got it right, I like the dropkick murphys and have no clue who the pogues are. 

The Pogues are the reason the Dropkick Murphys exist. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/16/18 6:15 p.m.

I was disappointed when they didn't connect me with a representative when they called to inform me the warranty on my vehicle was about to expire. I was interested in an extended warranty on my '87 Trans Am. Its under 150k so it should be good, right? 

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
12/16/18 6:44 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I was too. Didn't get connected to a rep either. I really was concerned about getting an extended warranty on my 1970 Opel GT.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/16/18 7:20 p.m.

Out of boredom while on light duty I started plotting out a bicycle ride. 63 miles of varying terrain sounds perfectly reasonable when it hurts too walk.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/18 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

They called my desk phone at work. They hung up when I tried to get a building full of aging city buses covered. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/18 12:19 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'm all about the free-roam, do as you please, exploration games.

I figured I'd give it a try since it's free on Epic's game store. I am very impressed. It is a well made game.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/17/18 8:27 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

They called me a couple years ago about offering extended coverage on the Suburban. They weren’t even a little interested in putting coverage on my Allroad.  Can’t imagine why not.

confession:  I watched Miss Universe pageant last night and thought the winner was dressed just like Jessica Rabbit.  And that’s a good thing!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/17/18 8:28 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to RevRico :

I was about to say how'd you quit your job twice in a week? 

Although, if it was as E36 M3ty as my old Sam's Club job, I would quit that turd 5 times a week for eternity. Everyone should have the joy of quitting Wal-Mart at least once in their lives.

A reply that doubles as a confession. I've been homeless twice so far in my life, and I'd rather be homeless again than work for the Walton family. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/17/18 1:31 p.m.

This meeting sucks. I've had far more fun in jail. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/17/18 3:28 p.m.

Drop your pants and get that party started.

stanger_missle
12/18/18 7:54 p.m.

Somehow, I've come to the conclusion that a P71 would meet almost all of my needs in a cheap vehicle once I get to Florida.

I've been finding a whole ton of threads on GRM extolling the virtues of the Panther. Visions of manual swaps, small lifts and A/T tires and even head swaps are now dancing around in my head.

Florida seems to be the natural habitat for Panthers (yes even those wink) because they are everywhere down there (although Clearwater Beach seemed to have a unnaturally high concentration of those Panthers) and very affordable (the automotive Panther).

stanger_missle
12/20/18 4:13 p.m.

How bad of an idea is this?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/land-rover-2004/6777046042.html

It seems like a guaranteed path to financial ruin to me cheeky

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/18 4:22 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

I don’t see a problem. Florida is very walkable as long as you watch for gators. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/21/18 3:37 p.m.

I was talking to a friend of mine in the bar last night and she reminded me cheap E46s are a thing. My other friends are almost as bad as you guys sometimes.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/18 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

E46s are cheap for a reason.  They aren't as good as E30s.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
12/21/18 5:54 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to Daylan C :

Well, doesn't that make them really bad?  I've driven a few E30's, and I have to say, I do not understand the love.

Knurled.
12/21/18 6:13 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

In reply to Daylan C :

Well, doesn't that make them really bad?  I've driven a few E30's, and I have to say, I do not understand the love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRdqabMIEM

325i (not e) is poorman's M3.  Magic happens over 4000rpm in the 325i.

Dusterbd13-michael
12/21/18 6:19 p.m.

Im in Richmond Virginia for Christmas with the inlaws. 

I used a broken third brake light in the wife's minivan as an excuse to go junkyarding. And i knew beforehand there were no mazda5 in the yards. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/21/18 6:20 p.m.

So what you guys are saying is, I should stick with my v8 E36 M3boxes? (Of course i did consider LS swapping an e46)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/18 6:26 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I used a broken third brake light in the wife's minivan as an excuse to go junkyarding. And i knew beforehand there were no mazda5 in the yards. 

^In-lawing: Expert Level. 

Knurled.
12/21/18 6:39 p.m.
Daylan C said:

So what you guys are saying is, I should stick with my v8 E36 M3boxes? (Of course i did consider LS swapping an e46)

E36s are great if you are fan of early 80s GM quality interior plastic.

Dusterbd13-michael
12/21/18 6:46 p.m.
Woody said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

^In-lawing: Expert Level. 

Never thought id be spoiled by pullapart, but i am. Much better and less muddy than any of the yards i visited today(3). But, more expensive .i guess gravel and not rusty cars cost more.

I'm looking forward to my father in law getting here tomorrow. We're going to go shooting .

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/18 7:05 p.m.

^Father-in-Lawing: Expert Level.

1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UmxxURcl63Jqwz0Y4pAXavM8KbXktKpu5q2xquVPDVS44Iu3nUjiX4GX1qISp91v