1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/19 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Oh yeah, he was in the hospital last week!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/19 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I suppose as long you don’t pull the plug yourself it’s fine. 

Woody
1/5/19 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Too far away! If I were close enough to pull the plug, I wouldn't need his funeral as an excuse for the road trip.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/19 2:42 p.m.

My cousin tried to be funny and dipped a few Brussel sprouts in chocolate then wrapped them in Lindt wrappers and mixed them in her candy dish. I hate sprouts but I’ve eaten three of them with a straight face to ruin the joke. It’s killing her that no one has gotten a sprout yet and the bowl is almost empty . 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/6/19 3:09 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I really wish I could read Korean so I could tell if this canoe is finally trying to sell us canoes.

When I was in Korea I was told that Hangul was the only scientific designed language in the world.  It's very phonetic to the point I was able to read it pretty fluently even if I didn't understand what I was actually saying.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangul

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/19 5:15 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Korean written language fascinates me in that it was deliberately engineered to be logical.  This is probably the only engineered human language that actually delivers.

(anybody speak Lojban, or Esperanto?  Not counting Red Dwarf fans)

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/6/19 10:10 p.m.

I downloaded Angry Birds classic to my phone for flight home yesterday and ended up playing it almost entire flight home! 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/7/19 2:50 p.m.

I've been watching kids barbecue championship on Hulu. On the one hand, I'm impressed with what some of these kids are doing on a grill. On the other, I'm seeing a lot of mistake that make me wonder how they got on the show in the first place

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/8/19 7:43 a.m.

The car show trophies i have won are inconvenient to store, and im debating stripping the plaques off to keep on the wall while scrapping the trophies themselves. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/19 7:54 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

The car show trophies i have won are inconvenient to store, and im debating stripping the plaques off to keep on the wall while scrapping the trophies themselves. 

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Just keep any cool or unique trophies like the ones Tom makes for the challenge. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/8/19 7:55 a.m.

The more i think about it, the better the idea gets.

The thoughtwoke me up at 4am....

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/8/19 1:35 p.m.

Is that like the ultimate car guy humblebrag? "I've won so many car show trophies that they're inconvenient to store!!" ;-)

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/19 1:39 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

You should bolt them all together into one GIANT trophy and then put a 3rd place on the top and bring it to the Challenge.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/8/19 2:36 p.m.
dculberson said:

Is that like the ultimate car guy humblebrag? "I've won so many car show trophies that they're inconvenient to store!!" ;-)

Nope. There's really only 4 that aren't already plaques, thd they rand from 2 to 4 feet tall. Really inconvenient. ..

Woody
1/8/19 2:51 p.m.
Javelin said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

You should bolt them all together into one GIANT trophy and then put a 3rd place on the top and bring it to the Challenge.

They need to be welded together; MIG, TIG or JB. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/8/19 3:13 p.m.
Woody said:
Javelin said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

They need to be welded together; MIG, TIG or JB. 

Or all three...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/19 3:30 p.m.

I hate the wifes 02 explorer so much that when it broke down and the drivers door somehow wasnt locking.....i left it for hours hoping someone would steal it.

Apparently car theives are smarter than i thought and said berkeley that.

EDIT: The car is bandaided back together and only has to function for a few days where the studded snows on it and 4wd makes it useful even though overdrive is gone, she dented the hell out of the passenger door and it doesnt open from the outside and in order to put it into gear you have to pull the plunger nanny device with one hand while shifting it out of park with the other so the column is apart now too. Its paid off and only worth the tires and decent sound system it has so its not a huge loss when it gets hit by a meteor

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/8/19 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I did that with my Taurus. Leave it in a parking lot all day, windows down keys on the seat. Nobody ever took it. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/19 3:37 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Antihero :

I did that with my Taurus. Leave it in a parking lot all day, windows down keys on the seat. Nobody ever took it. 

Damn.....maybe if i glue some copper to it and leave it in the worst part of town?

Seriously.....never ever ever ever buy an 02 explorer. She bought it before we met and ive fixed it since i met her. Other explorers are awesome, my 00 for example, but this????? berkeley you whomever did this redesign

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/9/19 8:26 p.m.

My annoying cousin I don't like having anything to do with apparently needs somebody to put a thermostat in his Dakota. Trying to decide if I'm going just flat out say no or charge slightly more than the normal family rate. 

I normally don't believe in charging family for help but I realize I actually can choose who I consider family.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/9/19 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

My rule is I'll supervise you working on your car and help as needed.  It keeps riff raff looking for mechanic hand outs from asking me again. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/9/19 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I have close friends and family I have no problem helping. These are good people who I know would be there for me if I ever needed them and have been many times before. This cousin is somebody I only see in one of two situations: family dinners and when he needs something.

I decided I'd do it this time just to keep my dad from doing it, but only if he gets it over here early enough I don't have to cancel my plans I had tomorrow afternoon. And he only gets tomorrow because it's my last day off for the foreseeable future.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/9/19 9:44 p.m.

I'm so bored being off work I've been watching north woods and lonestar law. 

Woody
1/9/19 9:50 p.m.
Daylan C said:

My annoying cousin I don't like having anything to do with apparently needs somebody to put a thermostat in his Dakota. Trying to decide if I'm going just flat out say no or charge slightly more than the normal family rate. 

I normally don't believe in charging family for help but I realize I actually can choose who I consider family.

I can help you with this: Don't do it!

The first and last time that I changed the thermostat on a Dakota, the steel bolt snapped off in the aluminum intake manifold. I carefully drilled it out and successfully snapped off a hardened EZ Out in there. That was right before I quit and had it towed to a shop because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

Don't help him change the starter either. There were three different starters listed for the same engine/year combo.Even when searching by VIN. They are not interchangeable.

Berk Dakotas.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/9/19 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I like Dakotas, but only in V8 flavor. Also this one is a 3.7 truck if that makes a difference.

1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RwzI8hofSbKjQs2ebqKBVdzwKMFW67dYRFdtjXn5cYk3yrGALrYOpHRIMaMTzGBr