1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 441
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/15/19 11:59 a.m.

I am unreasonably annoyed by car threads in the off-topic forum.  No, I don't know why it should matter.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 12:17 p.m.

last night, i ate almost an entire carton of ice cream while watching my beloved Terrapins mens basketball team blow an 18-point lead in the second half and barely squeak out the win over Wisconsin.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/15/19 1:20 p.m.
Duke said:

I am unreasonably annoyed by car threads in the off-topic forum.  No, I don't know why it should matter.

I sometimes put car threads in off-topic because they're not motorsports related... so I'm not sure where to put them!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/15/19 2:49 p.m.
dculberson said:
Duke said:

I sometimes put car threads in off-topic because they're not motorsports related... so I'm not sure where to put them!

I am bothered by a Formula 1 or new BMW thread in the Grassroots forum, because those two things are most decidedly not grassroots.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/15/19 2:56 p.m.
dculberson said:
Duke said:

By that standard, 90% of all the car threads on the forum should go on the Off-Topic board.

I am not the arbiter of where things should go.  But to me, if it is directly vehicle-related, it should go on the GRM board.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
1/15/19 3:37 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
dculberson said:
Duke said:

I am bothered by a Formula 1 or new BMW thread in the Grassroots forum, because those two things are most decidedly not grassroots.

On the flip side, I enjoy threads about plants and gardening because those 2 thing are related to grass roots.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/16/19 6:53 a.m.

The halo car theory apparently works. The Hellcat/Demon hype train brought to my attention that the Scat Pack widebody is a thing. I want one in yellow with a stick now.

Of course I'm still broke so none of this means anything.

The confession is I think a bright berking yellow widebody challenger with the sensible 6.4 hemi works as a commuter car in my mind.

NickD
NickD UberDork
1/16/19 7:03 a.m.
Duke said:

I am too. I know part of it is that it causes 2 threads on the same topic frequently, which is another peeve of mine. Someone will start a thread about a new car release or a new episode of Roadkill or something in Off-Topic and then someone starts one on the exact same subject in GRM

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/19 8:35 a.m.

I listened to a opera this morning on the drive to work and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

thunder8
thunder8 New Reader
1/16/19 6:10 p.m.

I talk to myself

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/16/19 6:17 p.m.

In reply to thunder8 :

Do you answer in a different voice?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/16/19 6:55 p.m.

I’ll be honest I’m a car guy and want my kids to love cars but this 50 hours of driving with the 16 year old daughter makes me sick and terrified.  

Teaching kids to drive as they argue the whole time makes me nuts.  My parents didn’t have to deal with this E36 M3.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/17/19 10:12 a.m.

Anytime I speak to a certain  one of my teammates and say thank you or I hope you have a good day I mentally translated in my head to something much less Pleasant. I have to play the office politics game to stay employed...

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/17/19 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

There is a certain new policy or practice that is slowly going into place at work. I volunteered to speed progress in a certain area because I know a certain someone is not going to like it. I probably shouldn't be as excited as I am currently... 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/17/19 11:18 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

I take great pleasure in my quiet passive aggressiveness with her by blind carbon copy and her supervisor on all the emails that we did Exchange

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/17/19 11:32 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Anytime I speak to a certain  one of my teammates and say thank you or I hope you have a good day I mentally translated in my head to something much less Pleasant. I have to play the office politics game to stay employed...

I worked at a financial institution years ago and a bunch of us closed letters to customers in one of two ways.  If they were reasonable people to deal with, the letter was closed with Sincerely... which meant Sincerely  If the customer was an asshat, the letter was closed with Very Truly Yours... which meant Berkeley You.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/17/19 6:30 p.m.

Sometimes I type things into the Minor Rant thread, and I've gotten it out of my system before I hit the Post button, and I just go do something else.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/19 6:39 p.m.
Woody said:

My brother-in-law and I just started a Feline Death Pool for my mother-in-law's cat. Our wives have no idea.

I have July.

Aaaaaaaannnnd it appears that we have a winner...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/19 6:49 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I'm sorry for your loss, by seven months.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/19 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

I had July of 2017. That berkeleying cat was 18 years old.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/17/19 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

you forgot about Porkers.  well whatever the 911 Porker is called nowadays. devil

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/17/19 8:00 p.m.

shovelled snow that I didn't even have to on Sunday past around the same time I did some pushups for the first time in forever.  It's been week two with the Versa.  I actually enjoyed not having to fall down into the seats of my 200SX today given my slight creakiness.  And I've started using the four doors for stashing stuff rather than the trunk.  I'm embarassed that I have a four door and am using it.  It will be a 'profit center' starting next month is how I live with the shame. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/17/19 8:03 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I listened to a opera this morning on the drive to work and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

well was it Carmina Burana from the Damien movies or Ride of the Valkyries a la Apocalypse Now? smiley

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/17/19 8:05 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

If I ever get stupid rich I'm definitely blasting ride of the valkyries from the PA on my helicopter. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/17/19 9:00 p.m.
Woody said:

In reply to Wally :

I had July of 2017. That berkeleying cat was 18 years old.

I'm sorry for your loss. Wait, how much money did you loose?

1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zYTo9JOztGGX0Sikkb5qjUB9GSq7lDVsFrOJTbekMKsynFBdoGT2HN48LA2CQaRV