1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 441
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/13/19 12:14 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to JohnInKansas :

I take it that you like NTSB crash reports too.

I dunno about John... but yes, I do go out and find them to read from time to time...

I think that's one thing that Racing/HPDE (etc.) lacks, and is a detriment to reducing the risk of our hobby.  Instead, every series has their own safety setups and there's no cross-talk about best practices/etc

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/13/19 12:19 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Google says 16.6 at 86 mile an hour for the Impala. I'll be pissed if the challenge car is isn't a lot faster than that

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/13/19 12:22 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Google says 16.6 at 86 mile an hour for the Impala. I'll be pissed if the challenge car is isn't a lot faster than that

My 2.4-swapped ATX '95 Neon did 16.2 at about 89 mph in the quarter.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/13/19 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You want to talk about fast Impalas, try a '12-'13. Last years of the lighter W-body but they came equipped with the 300+hp 3.6L and 6-speed automatic. They are way faster than they have any right to be. 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/13/19 12:32 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Mines a 2010 3.5 flex fuel.

FEELS faster than 16s.....

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/13/19 12:40 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to NickD :

Mines a 2010 3.5 flex fuel.

FEELS faster than 16s.....

Yeah, so 210hp//216lb-ft. The 3.6L in the '12-'13s made 302hp/262lb-ft, plus 2 extra gears in the transmission. Magazines recorded 14.7s in the 1/4 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/13/19 2:26 p.m.

Now i have to womder if a 3.6 will run on megasquirt and be an easy swap for a 3400.....

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/13/19 2:39 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Thats apparently pretty close to my 00 explorer. Im kinda shocked

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/13/19 9:13 p.m.

Randomly that Mercedes diesel Miata challenge build type thing that was never finished pops into my head and I wonder if its collecting dust or secretly being finished into the one car that will decimate all. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/19 9:18 p.m.

I have never wanted a pointless vehicle more than this one.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/13/19 9:50 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

That's amazing, probably the best thing I've seen all day.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/13/19 9:52 p.m.

Now I have to check craigslust for '12 & '13 Impalas. BRB

Edit: aw man, those years are hideous looking. There's been so many body styles for Impalas. Then I found this - HELLO!

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/14/19 12:39 a.m.

If i remember right they are referring to the fleet only cars that were the '08ish body style with the newer 3.6 its entirely possible I'm way wrong. 

The ones I'm thinking of weren't exactly pretty either.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/14/19 2:17 p.m.

My customer was being a total shiny happy person. She lets her dog out.  When it comes back in it runs into the room I'm in and starts wiping it's ass on the carpet. I may have encouraged it with a few "good girl".

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
2/14/19 2:58 p.m.
NickD said:

I really don't care for McDonald's food, but I'll go there because they have the touchscreen kiosk ordering and it means I don't have to interact with people.

Missed the headlines the other day?

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/15/19 7:28 a.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

Cool.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/19 7:55 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Now i have to womder if a 3.6 will run on megasquirt and be an easy swap for a 3400.....

A direct injected 3.6, no Megasquirt.  A port injected 3.6, possibly with an MS3-Pro Evo or Ultimate, but to be honest, it would be cheaper and a whole lot easier to get HPTuners and use the OE computer.

Easy swap for 3400, heck no.  Different bellhousing, which complicates things, and the thermostat housing hangs off the back of the engine which may complicate things depending on how much clearance you have.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
2/15/19 10:38 a.m.

I *MAY* have abused my power yesterday.

Windows, that is.

I had a somewhat annoying co-worker ask for a ride home since he knows we live relatively close to each other. I told him I had a couple of stops on the way, and then had to tell him No, I will not take you home first and double back for my 2 stops.

Stop #2 was the automated car wash to remove 5 or 6 hundred pounds of salt from my truck.

I *MAY* have accidentally bumped the power window switch and lowered his window slightly as the sprayer came by.

Sure, I got a little soapy water inside the truck, but it was worth it.

devil

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/15/19 10:54 a.m.
Stampie said:

My customer was being a total shiny happy person. She lets her dog out.  When it comes back in it runs into the room I'm in and starts wiping it's ass on the carpet. I may have encouraged it with a few "good girl".

one of my favorites

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/15/19 11:00 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

A direct injected 3.6, no Megasquirt.  A port injected 3.6, possibly with an MS3-Pro Evo or Ultimate, but to be honest, it would be cheaper and a whole lot easier to get HPTuners and use the OE computer.

I'm pretty sure that's how the LFX-swap Miatas by V8Roadsters do it. Cut-down stock harness and a tweaked OEM computer.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/15/19 1:29 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Now I have to check craigslust for '12 & '13 Impalas. BRB

Edit: aw man, those years are hideous looking. There's been so many body styles for Impalas. Then I found this - HELLO!

I got a 454 sitting around...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/15/19 4:35 p.m.

Does all the drinking, drugs, and whoring around she can. Hits rock bottom, and comes home knowing there is a half-wit that will take her in and grovel at her feet. Repeatedly. 

Am I the only guy who was a little bit happy to see Jenny die at the end of Forrest Gump?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/19 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

No you weren’t but I was the only one in the theater to say it out loud.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/15/19 7:10 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

But she was pretty.  That makes it all ok.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/19 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

On a semi-related note, movies in which Susan Sarandon dies are generally pretty good.

Thelma and Louise, The Great Waldo Pepper...

1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qhlZhrXJSSA77jto8cj8vcfeI0lxXL17QQZU2GjgaA36q0GiQ0jUZlAcQub2Wu3y