1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 441
Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/15/19 7:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Does all the drinking, drugs, and whoring around she can. Hits rock bottom, and comes home knowing there is a half-wit that will take her in and grovel at her feet. Repeatedly. 

Am I the only guy who was a little bit happy to see Jenny die at the end of Forrest Gump?

The best part is that she probably gives him HIV. I hate that berking movie. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/15/19 9:30 p.m.

Berk, I talked to an old friend I hadn't talked to ina couple years. First thing he says to me "You need to come get the Talon".

I thought for sure the free DSM would be gone by now.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/15/19 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Is it true the author of the book got hosed in the deal? 

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
2/15/19 10:49 p.m.

I started flat tracking to keep me busy during the winter and it has slowly taken over my life.  I think I can race almost all year round here, but that would mean a lot less time on enduro bikes in the woods and I don't think I care.  I just want to go fast and turn left and I never thought I would be the kind of guy that would say that.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/16/19 12:16 a.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Used to be massive in the UK when I was young. smiley

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/19 10:34 a.m.

I could have sworn we had a stupid questions thread, but I can't find it, and I need it. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/19 10:54 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

The book certainly got hosed.  Jenny didn't die in the book, although they didn't end up together in the end either.  And those two names are probably the only relation the book has with the movie.

Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo New Reader
2/16/19 10:55 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Did someone say free dsm?

my confession. Blew up a porta potty at scout camp once. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/19 5:50 p.m.

This place seems s bit fancy to be seeing Larry the Cable Guy.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/16/19 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Captain Nemo :

Old friend is moving and wants to get rid of his turbo Talon. He told me I could literally just have it if I could get it here. We had a similar conversation about the same car like 2 years ago but I couldn't make it work and backed out of it. Apparently the offer still stands.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/16/19 5:58 p.m.
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

The book certainly got hosed.  Jenny didn't die in the book, although they didn't end up together in the end either.  And those two names are probably the only relation the book has with the movie.

Yeah. It isn’t THAT bad in terms of being true to the book, but they REALLY took it in a much different direction. 

Knurled.
2/16/19 8:45 p.m.
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Yeah. It isn’t THAT bad in terms of being true to the book, but they REALLY took it in a much different direction. 

To be fair, they probably would not have been able to film the bit where the space capsule crash landed in Africa and he was discovered by a tribe of cannibals who ate the other astronauts and the gorilla, and the tribal leader turned out to be a chess expert who went to university in England and would play chess against Forrest every day with the stipulation that he would eat him on the day he lost, but on the day he lost a rival tribe came in and killed everyone in the first tribe, with the leader telling Forrest how he beat him as he was being thrown into the pot.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/16/19 10:31 p.m.
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

To be fair, they probably would not have been able to film the bit where the space capsule crash landed in Africa and he was discovered by a tribe of cannibals who ate the other astronauts and the gorilla, and the tribal leader turned out to be a chess expert who went to university in England and would play chess against Forrest every day with the stipulation that he would eat him on the day he lost, but on the day he lost a rival tribe came in and killed everyone in the first tribe, with the leader telling Forrest how he beat him as he was being thrown into the pot.

I forgot about that part. I just wanted to see them whatever the Dunces signature move would have been. Or see him with Raquel. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/19 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Wow, that looks exactly like the Palace theater in my town, that's been there since forever. Exacty.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/17/19 4:59 p.m.
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

I forgot about that part. I just wanted to see them whatever the Dunces signature move would have been. Or see him with Raquel. 

Wait, what?  That stuff was actually in the book?  I just assumed it was a freestyle riff parodying all the stupid unbelievable things that happened in the movie. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/17/19 5:05 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Wait, what?  That stuff was actually in the book?  I just assumed it was a freestyle riff parodying all the stupid unbelievable things that happened in the movie. 

Honestly, theyve gotten me to wondering  gonna have to read it now....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/19 8:48 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Duke said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Honestly, theyve gotten me to wondering  gonna have to read it now....

We may have gotten a few of the details wrong (who was doing what and all), but none of this is made up. I mean, other than the book itself being fiction. 

Knurled.
2/17/19 9:12 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Not making it up at all.  Forrest went to space as a backup to the onboard computer.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/18/19 2:56 a.m.

For better or for worse, I'll be the last man to ask for help.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/18/19 4:09 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I find this attitude usually ends in me giving up once I'm way in over my head and made whatever mess I was trying to fix exponetially worse than when I started. 

Sometimes I actually figure it out though. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/18/19 7:42 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Duke said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Not making it up at all.  Forrest went to space as a backup to the onboard computer.

OMBG.  The book sounds even stupider than the movie.  I didn't think that was humanly possible.

[edit]  It sounds even stupider than Being There, the previous world record holder for pretentiously stupid books / movies.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/18/19 8:01 a.m.
Duke said:
Knurled. said:
Duke said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

OMBG.  The book sounds even stupider than the movie.  I didn't think that was humanly possible.

[edit]  It sounds even stupider than Being There, the previous world record holder for pretentiously stupid books / movies.

I always thought Dave Chappelle's rant about how he hates Forrest Gump was hysterical. I'd post the picture here, but there's a few words that some might view as offensive. But basically the gist of it is, he hates watching a mentally handicapped guy accidentally out-achieve him for 2 and a half hours, and the only person dumber than Forrest Gump is his black friend.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/19 8:23 a.m.

in reply to Duke:

OMBG made me LOL.   is that a board filter, or one of your own?  regardless, OMBG is now in my typing lexicon.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/18/19 8:56 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

in reply to Duke:

OMBG made me LOL.   is that a board filter, or one of your own?  regardless, OMBG is now in my typing lexicon.

No, that's mine.  What's funny is that I end up using "berking" a lot outside of GRMworld, because it's a convenient filter item that gets the point across without using the F-bomb.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/18/19 9:14 a.m.

Y'all hating on Jenny need to read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/18lvwe/who_is_the_most_misunderstood_character_in_all_of/c8g4njy/

Jenny was a damaged individual, sexually abused by her father, who was deeply in love with Forrest but felt that she was abusing him by being with him.

1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ttZMXQStAy8yw1S7ikk4LMrOOr5tDsHflBNrXi4zPvpoXGcrd1a2hzARlr6Kpj2I