1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/15/19 4:31 a.m.

I feel less bad about coming down a fair amount off my asking price on a pair of headers when the dude is willing to get up early enough to drive 2 hours and meet me at my house when I get home from work at 7am on a Monday morning. Especially when I essentially have no money in them since they came with the car and I can't use them.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/19 8:44 p.m.

On my way home from work I saw this restored chase truck. I seem to want one too now and have been looking on the interweb for a truck and crane to build my own.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/16/19 10:20 p.m.

Really considering selling off my 2 beaters and using the money for a down payment on an adult car.

Specifically a Chrysler 300, not even the one with the Hemi.

That'll put me with with one normal car and one sketchy v8 Frankenstein death trap money pit.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/19 1:07 p.m.

I don't really like competition. I like interesting cars, a designation that is heavily populated with fast cars.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/17/19 1:48 p.m.

Upon further consideration. I prefer throwing money on my cars sporadically. So I've inquired about a parts car I found that has potential to be another dumb project.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/17/19 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I was wondering if you were feeling okay.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/17/19 6:02 p.m.

You know they say it’s not about the money?

I like my job and the money is good.  The hours and frustrations with the personnel is wearing on me.  I might take a lessor job for lower pay to get my sanity back. 

Is that stupid?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/19 6:08 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

It's only stupid if it means taking 2 lower paying jobs to keep the lights on. 

Life is too short to put up with work bullE36 M3.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/19 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Not at all.  I’ve had a few coworkers do it and no one has regretted it.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/17/19 6:20 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Yeah still thinking about the new normal boring daily idea. Might do it later. Not right now though. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/18/19 12:00 a.m.

I like the taste of envelope glue.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/18/19 9:01 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Your twenties are not the time to own a boring daily. Enjoy driving the least practical thing you can realistically get away with until wife/kids/other life circumstances dictate otherwise, as long as it gets you to work reliably. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/18/19 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

See thread in grm section. Where  I split the difference and  might be buying an s197 today. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/18/19 10:08 a.m.
Furious_E said:

In reply to Daylan C :

Your twenties are not the time to own a boring daily. Enjoy driving the least practical thing you can realistically get away with until wife/kids/other life circumstances dictate otherwise, as long as it gets you to work reliably. 

I tried to do the responsible, reliable car thing 2 years ago, and in my mind that somehow meant Subaru Baja. It's been the least reliable car I've owned, despite being the newest and second most expensive car I've purchased. Meanwhile, I DD 8 months out of the year in a 245whp supercharged 1990 Miata without any issues.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/19 10:27 p.m.

I truly believe that Chuck Woolery had far more appreciation for each and every final spin than Pat Sajak ever could. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/18/19 11:43 p.m.

I’d sell 3 of my 5 cars for the same amount each.  That seems really weird but 6K feels right.

And for whatever reason the only vehicle in the fleet with full coverage is the cheapest of the bunch.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/19 7:40 p.m.

I want a Lancia Scorpion (Montecarlo).

I know this is a horrendously bad idea, but I also don't care.  Doing things that were bad ideas has not failed me yet.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/20/19 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I mean it's named both Scorpion and Monte Carlo. What could possibly go wrong?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/19 11:08 a.m.

Everything.  Which is why there is thrill in ownership.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
4/20/19 11:44 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I know this is a horrendously bad idea, but I also don't care.  Doing things that were bad ideas has not failed me yet.

"To drive a sports car that is not Italian is like going to a proctologist with little fingers.  You are missing part of the experience".

I know, I have a Scorpion.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/21/19 8:00 a.m.

Speaking of Italian things. Just watched the grand tour Colombia special and have an interest in 4wd Fiat Pandas now.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/19 8:23 a.m.
Scott_H said:
Knurled. said:

"To drive a sports car that is not Italian is like going to a proctologist with little fingers.  You are missing part of the experience".

I know, I have a Scorpion.

Wow, I just found a photo of your Scorpion in another thread. Do you have a thread dedicated to that car?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/21/19 8:33 a.m.
Daylan C said:

Speaking of Italian things. Just watched the grand tour Colombia special and have an interest in 4wd Fiat Pandas now.

I just watched Colombo, that qualifies right?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/21/19 8:36 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I keep looking for something super small and 4wd that's not a Samurai. I would love a Panda. Probably. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/21/19 8:46 a.m.

On Friday I stop at a busy grocery store at lunch with almost no parking left - I park the Silverado close to some ladies SUV Chevrolet and she is waiting for me screaming I hit her car and scratched the bumper - I told her I never touched her car although I did park 3" from her bumper.

She says she is calling the cops and I calmly told her I'll wait in my truck.  Husband shows up and looks it all over and discusses with her then the cops show up and they have a conversation.  I get out with my tape measure to show them only to have the cop yell at me that he can't decide but it's a private lot and the husband doesn't want to fill out a report.  They leave and I get back out of my truck and apologize to the cop if I had been disrespectful to him.  It is Good Friday and I'm trying to love the brethren........

The cop told me again about the husband not wanting to file a report as the car did have 200,000 miles on it.  The scratch was about 1/2" long and the width of a sharpie pen.

I confess there was part of me that wanted to smash into her bumper then tell her I did hit her car.    

1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hZJKwOmnglEyPsVjepkiUu1PS6RqWMQxR4JWdrrKYQt138ngNVOZWnKVQZlO3gM6